Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Also I am only getting bad lair results.
My starting warrior was plagued, enervated, rusted, mutated with +10%attack, but-80% health, whatever happens when a unit faces a sorcerer and suffers from its dark magic, and finally lost forever.

My scout then gets mauled by three pit beasts from a lair.

Edit: Then my baby spider gets mutated with minus -4 first strike chances, with no positive effect, but at least it managed to destroy the lair.

That is extremely odd. Shouldn't be happening....

Did you have a fresh install, rather than installing on top of the existing folder?

Should've been a fresh one, I ran all rife uninstallers I could find and then manually deleted the "Rise from Erebus" folder from my \Mods directory. I will try reinstalling.

In case the edit of my post above went unnoticed:
I successfully started a Pangaea game and played a few rounds but the WorldOfErebus.py and ErebusContinent.py (in the same folder as now pangaea.py) still refuse to be found.

Launcher gives me "Mods\Rise from Erebus \ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring". So, apparently the command line sent to civ4 is malformed (looks like an extra space in there for some reason?). I had a similar problem with the installation for Fall Further and for RifE 1.2, where the command line in the shortcut was missing a closing quote... Dunno why I seem to have this problem and not everyone since obviously some people *are* playing the game...

I'm gonna try just running my old RifE shortcut which I fixed with the extra quote... what are the consequences of running without the Launcher?

I only have 2 maps...

I had the The launcher keeps looking for C:\Users\(user)\Desktop\NOTSET\PrivateMaps. error on launch

You are only supposed to have those two maps. All others must be activated.

Unfortunately it looks like some people are having issues with the shortcut; Run the launcher from within the RifE folder for now, we're working on fixing it.

Also I am only getting bad lair results.
My starting warrior was plagued, enervated, rusted, mutated with +10%attack, but-80% health, whatever happens when a unit faces a sorcerer and suffers from its dark magic, and finally lost forever.

My scout then gets mauled by three pit beasts from a lair.

That would be because right now goodies aren't scaled based on turn number. For now, be careful while exploring; It's something that will change in a patch.

Should've been a fresh one, I ran all rife uninstallers I could find and then manually deleted the "Rise from Erebus" folder from my \Mods directory. I will try reinstalling.

In case the edit of my post above went unnoticed:
I successfully started a Pangaea game and played a few rounds but the WorldOfErebus.py and ErebusContinent.py (in the same folder as now pangaea.py) still refuse to be found.

That is extremely odd.... Nothing I can think of that would do that. :confused:

Launcher gives me "Mods\Rise from Erebus \ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring". So, apparently the command line sent to civ4 is malformed (looks like an extra space in there for some reason?). I had a similar problem with the installation for Fall Further and for RifE 1.2, where the command line in the shortcut was missing a closing quote... Dunno why I seem to have this problem and not everyone since obviously some people *are* playing the game...

I'm gonna try just running my old RifE shortcut which I fixed with the extra quote... what are the consequences of running without the Launcher?

I am not sure why some are having shortcut issues and others are not, but I'm working on it.

For now, there are no serious consequences of running without the launcher, you just miss out on it's functionality. More important once there are multiple modules out.

When I start the launcher I get this message:

I figured it was a problem with my .NET Framework, so I downloaded the newest version I could find (4.0), no dice.

This is on a fresh install of RiFE 1.3. (It was doing the same thing when I installed over 1.23, so I uninstalled and installed again.)

There is nothing under Enabled Mapscripts or Enabled Modules, and the blogpost entries are all "[empty]"
After hitting continue it brings up the launcher, and I can launch RiFE.

The path to RiFE in the launcher is correct, I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning but my default harddrive partition is D: instead of C:

OS is WinXP Pro SP3

Edit: When I boot PediaReader, it says the same error in the command prompt:

## START ##

ERROR
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
END

Edit2: Turns out this error has nothing to do with civilization or RiFE, I just assumed it did because it said culture.

I guess I will make a new post for this...

I tried to uninstall rife 1.30 via the uninstaller and I get the following:

---------------------------
Error
Internal error: Cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller.
OK

As I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, it's the "unins000.exe" which produces this error.

On to manual deleting then...

When I start the launcher I get this message:

I figured it was a problem with my .NET Framework, so I downloaded the newest version I could find (4.0), no dice.

This is on a fresh install of RiFE 1.3. (It was doing the same thing when I installed over 1.23, so I uninstalled and installed again.)

There is nothing under Enabled Mapscripts or Enabled Modules, and the blogpost entries are all "[empty]"
After hitting continue it brings up the launcher, and I can launch RiFE.

The path to RiFE in the launcher is correct, I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning but my default harddrive partition is D: instead of C:

OS is WinXP Pro SP3

That is odd. My first guess would have been .NET as well; But if you updated that, I have nothing. Again, anw designed the launcher; He'll have to help here, sorry. :(

I guess I will make a new post for this...

I tried to uninstall rife 1.30 via the uninstaller and I get the following:

Error
Internal error: Cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller.
OK

As I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, it's the "unins000.exe" which produces this error.

On to manual deleting then...

Not sure why that would be happening; Works on my end.

This might be intentional, but I can't research Octopus Overlords. :p

What civ?

Here you are. This may be something wrong with my settings or something. It was a problem for me with the previous version to, and the lack of Octopus Overlords eventually caused me to drift to other Modmods. I figured that since it has continued (and I have seen no discussion on it), that I probably should mention it...

When I run the launcher from inside the steam mod folder I get :

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\NOTSET\PrivateMaps'.

It looks like the 'NOTSET' is the problem, not sure where it is coming from.

If I launch it anyway it says 'Mods\Rise from Erebus \' is an invalid directory, ignoring.

Fairly sure I know exactly what your issue is, but I'm testing it now to make sure.

In short, the problem lies with hidden game options. There is one for each religion. When switching between mods, saved options have a tendency of messing up; You most likely have this hidden option enabled for OO.

Run a "Play Now!" game to wipe saved options. Just have to let the map load, and then you can exit to the main menu and load a custom game again.

I get a crash whenever I load the civopedia or diplomacy screens, appears to be graphics related as when I set the graphics level to low there's no CtD.

Edit: medium works too.

I don't think the leashing it working. Here's the following scenario: A scout wandered into a barbarian territory just after it appeared (queued move command), it was promptly crushed by a Hill Giant who spawned with a steading. Ok no problem, stuff happens to scouts. The Hill Giant then proceeded to run directly to my nearby capital and destroy it on turn 14.

Did I do something wrong by accidentally "waking up" that Hill Giant?

Fairly sure I know exactly what your issue is, but I'm testing it now to make sure.

In short, the problem lies with hidden game options. There is one for each religion. When switching between mods, saved options have a tendency of messing up; You most likely have this hidden option enabled for OO.

Run a "Play Now!" game to wipe saved options. Just have to let the map load, and then you can exit to the main menu and load a custom game again.

That did not resolve the issue for me, unfortunately.

I don't think the leashing it working. Here's the following scenario: A scout wandered into a barbarian territory just after it appeared (queued move command), it was promptly crushed by a Hill Giant who spawned with a steading. Ok no problem, stuff happens to scouts. The Hill Giant then proceeded to run directly to my nearby capital and destroy it on turn 14.

Did I do something wrong by accidentally "waking up" that Hill Giant?

Hill Giants are steadily let off their leashes, based on age. Not sure how it lost it's leash in that manner, however; Comes off at age 100.

That did not resolve the issue for me, unfortunately.

I am actually unable to even load your save, actually. So I'm unsure as to what the hell is going on there; I am still using a completely unmodded version of 1.30.

Hill Giants are steadily let off their leashes, based on age. Not sure how it lost it's leash in that manner, however; Comes off at age 100.

Well it spawned only about 6 diagonal spaces away, so depending on how short the leash starts, it may have just been close enough to my capital.

.NET 4.0 does not include 3.5 to save on installer space. So you need 3.5 installed as well.

Top Bottom