Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Someone suggested changing the mod directory to not be read-only to fix launcher errors. Which makes sense, but since I wasn't having a problem loading the launcher, it did not help me. My problem is that when I try to launch the game, the arguments for the startinfo are incorrect.
Spoiler :

I believe I have found the problem...
In FormMain.ButtonLaunch_Click(Object, EventArgs), this section:

Code:
    if (this.comboBoxSaves.SelectedIndex == 0)
    {
        Application.Exit();
        string str2 = FormMain.pathToMod;
        str2 = str2.Substring(str2.LastIndexOf(@"\"));
        str2 = "mod=" + str2;
        startInfo.Arguments = str2;
        Process.Start(startInfo);
    }

where it says ( str2 = "mod=" + str2; ), I believe that should be ( str2 = "mod=\"" + str2 + "\""; )
I'm guessing that most people are running Win7 or Vista and maybe it ignores the fact that there are spaces in the mod directory. However on WinXP, at least for me, the mod directory must be enclosed in quotes (this is the same for the shortcut that was generated for RifE 1.2), otherwise the spaces in the name screws things up.

At least, I think that's the problem.

hmm, i probably should have added an EULA agreement that the launcher shouldn't be decompiled (( although it took me some time to realize that, when names of variables in your code don't match with names in my code :D ))
:D :D j/k ... at some point the source code for DLL and my apps will be released, not sure when though, it's on Valk

anyway, i'll be changed to that in next patch

I don't know if the issue was resolved for the previous person that reported this problem, but I too cannot manage to load the default map types, and few of the others:

WorldOfErebus
PerfectWorld2
MountainCoast
ErebusContinent
Erebus

When loading any of these maptypes, I will get a message that tells me they've failed loading upon starting the game, and if I try to select the map type in Custom Game, these messages will again repeat. I have a screenshot of the message attached to the post. The messages given for the non-working map types all look the same, except with the corresponding names.

The installation was at first done on top of an old installation. Upon having issues, I uninstalled the mod and purged what remained in the folders and re-installed it. The problem yet remains however and thus far I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Python opens the files fine, and I can see them perfectly in my file explorer.

Attachments

• NoWorldofErebus.jpg
    NoWorldofErebus.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 103
hmm, i probably should have added an EULA agreement that the launcher shouldn't be decompiled (( although it took me some time to realize that, when names of variables in your code don't match with names in my code :D ))
:D :D j/k ... at some point the source code for DLL and my apps will be released, not sure when though, it's on Valk

anyway, i'll be changed to that in next patch

Sometime next week I'll be uploading all of the source files, including those for both apps. ;)

I don't know if the issue was resolved for the previous person that reported this problem, but I too cannot manage to load the default map types, and few of the others:

WorldOfErebus
PerfectWorld2
MountainCoast
ErebusContinent
Erebus

When loading any of these maptypes, I will get a message that tells me they've failed loading upon starting the game, and if I try to select the map type in Custom Game, these messages will again repeat. I have a screenshot of the message attached to the post. The messages given for the non-working map types all look the same, except with the corresponding names.

The installation was at first done on top of an old installation. Upon having issues, I uninstalled the mod and purged what remained in the folders and re-installed it. The problem yet remains however and thus far I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Python opens the files fine, and I can see perfectly in my file explorer.

Hmm... Interesting. Do other maps work for you?

Sometime next week I'll be uploading all of the source files, including those for both apps. ;)

Hmm... Interesting. Do other maps work for you?

They do indeed. These are the map types that give me errors, whether loaded individually or along with all of the other types. The rest of the maps work fine. I figure there is a reason why those other maps are not active by default however, and reckon that while I *can* play with them I'd have an inferior experience or troubles down the line.

I have the same problem as Forral, as I've stated.

Tell me, the free adept&warrior when you create a city is intended?
The 2 spells that are for any unit, one that give loyalty, and other that gives enraged, are also intended?

On D'Tesh Affinity, only when hovering over the promotion on a unit (Scout, in this case) rather then in the pedia, there's two extra TXT_KEY_etc etc etc errors, one for DEATH and one for SHADOW. The benefits for Death and Shadow are listed already, however, at the top of the promotion list.

1. I'm 300 turns into my game and have not seen a single barbarian grouping of units. In fact, I have not seen many 'normal' barbs at all. Plenty of animals, though. I built the Grand Menagerie very early and had 'blood' promotions on many of my units.

2. I captured a Raptor who was strength 4/3 with my Hunter. Then, I saw a huge Allosaurus that was also strength 4/3. What am I missing here?

3. Orthus spawned and headed right for a dungeon and sat on it - seems to be unlike him.

4. The Illians built Samhain by turn 12, founded the White Hand by turn 50 and had Wilboman/Champions by turn 100. Something doesn't seem right there. I am playing at Normal speed, Monarch difficulty.

Again, love playing this game again!

PS. It's probably buried in the changelog, but I got a rude shock when a Mountain Troll pillaged my mine that took 1,235 turns to build! I thought they were recon units?!

what's the deal with the NOTSET\PrivateMaps error on the launcher?

Edit: mph, nevermind, I see the map list populated the second time I booted the launcher

I'm having an issue with the World of Erebus mapscript. It seems like a lot of salt pops up in the desert and the coasts are mostly kelp.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...lizaton 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I had this problem with the last version as well. It is the only mod I have this issue with; this leads me to believe that it has something to do with the mod itself. It almost always seems to happen when Initiating Graphics, but occasionally happens in other portions of the loading.
I run a Windows 7 32bit with a AMD Turion X2 Dual Core, 3 Gb of RAM, and a ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics Card

That's one of the error messages I got from the high graphics settings CtD, also on an ATI graphics card, try turning the general settings down to medium, and if that doesn't work, low.

This doesn't seem to work for me. I have also reinstalled my C++ libraries and reinstalled my framework. If there are any more suggestions I'd love to take them.

Within the past 24 hours received an update to my C++ Runtime libraries, but the mod still fails to load a game properly.:(

Oops, didn't realize that the variable names weren't necessarily the same... For some reason I assumed that .NET stored the variable names as well. Either way, .NET Reflector is awesome - I recommend it if you need it for something. The only other time I've used it was because there was a program that was published as Open Source (it said open source, the license was an open source license, etc), but I couldn't find source anywhere and was unsuccessful in several attempts at contacting the author. I needed to see how he did some things for a work project I was working on, and it was supposedly Open Source, so bam... :goodjob:

Sorry for not asking your permission first, but I figured it was for debugging purposes...

Are the D'Tesh supposed to have both the "Lord of Death has found us" and "Continue" options for the Lord of Death event?

I told you already about Doviellos popping fort out of nowhere that blocked an exit out of my starting area? This fort is now a citadel with ultra-elite commander in it, btw i had already defeated the rest of Dovi civ. Now a STAG enchanted like drow vanguard had fortified itself on a forested hill blocking the second (which is also last) exit from my area! I had to sacrifice two scouts on him before i was able to kill it with my 8-level warriors army led by commander - first warrior had retreated and only second finished the monstrosity. How that beast shot invisible arrows from its forehead! I was always a big lover of huge barbarian invasions (because of free xp and defence testing), but a single ANIMAL?
-1 to base stats to most beasties and no more stag archmages please!

I don't know if this is a bug or if it has been reported. I received an assassin from a ruin on turn 30 then a mage from the same ruin at turn 31. Mage also came with Air II, Water II, Earth II and Fire II.

maybe someone already mentioned it, but AI Amurites p[opped thier world spell turn 1 on every game i'v had them in so far.

also, i thought barbs were toned down? i just played a game where from turn 20 on, i was defending my city 1-2 times a turn from giants and couldn't send workers out at all. lasted abother 10ish turns before i ran out of warriors >.<

I think the only bug I've seen that was not mentioned was stumbling across a number of Barbarian cities with no defenders. I think the clan had a small stack in the vicinity, so maybe the Barbarians are thinking their city is defended and move off to throw themselves against a city somewhere. Save attached.

Probably best I leave this short just for bugs, I'll post minor issues in the feedback thread.

Attachments

• Cassiel Turn_0165 Barb city totally undefended.CivBeyondSwordSave
    229.1 KB · Views: 64
They do indeed. These are the map types that give me errors, whether loaded individually or along with all of the other types. The rest of the maps work fine. I figure there is a reason why those other maps are not active by default however, and reckon that while I *can* play with them I'd have an inferior experience or troubles down the line.

Interesting.... I will try to figure it out. For now, other maps will be fine. Main things that will be missing:

• Enhanced starting plot selection (flavormod takes care of some of that)
  • Kelp Forests in ocean (by which I mean, large clumps)
  • Deep Oceans
  • 'Regions' of Ancient Forest (a single region) and Haunted Lands
  • Ancient Ruins

I have the same problem as Forral, as I've stated.

Tell me, the free adept&warrior when you create a city is intended?
The 2 spells that are for any unit, one that give loyalty, and other that gives enraged, are also intended?

No. You activated a deactive module, likely while messing with the launcher. Deactivate the MPL module, it was a test module by anw to show off modular python.

On D'Tesh Affinity, only when hovering over the promotion on a unit (Scout, in this case) rather then in the pedia, there's two extra TXT_KEY_etc etc etc errors, one for DEATH and one for SHADOW. The benefits for Death and Shadow are listed already, however, at the top of the promotion list.

I'll check it out.

1. I'm 300 turns into my game and have not seen a single barbarian grouping of units. In fact, I have not seen many 'normal' barbs at all. Plenty of animals, though. I built the Grand Menagerie very early and had 'blood' promotions on many of my units.

2. I captured a Raptor who was strength 4/3 with my Hunter. Then, I saw a huge Allosaurus that was also strength 4/3. What am I missing here?

3. Orthus spawned and headed right for a dungeon and sat on it - seems to be unlike him.

4. The Illians built Samhain by turn 12, founded the White Hand by turn 50 and had Wilboman/Champions by turn 100. Something doesn't seem right there. I am playing at Normal speed, Monarch difficulty.

Again, love playing this game again!

PS. It's probably buried in the changelog, but I got a rude shock when a Mountain Troll pillaged my mine that took 1,235 turns to build! I thought they were recon units?!

1. Barbs will be rebalanced soon.
  2. The raptor was older, and had gained strength. The Allosaurus wasn't as old.
  3. Apparently he decided to guard it...
  4. Well. Most likely some kind of runaway effects, I'll check them out.
Glad you're liking it. ;)

And I have no idea if they are supposed to be able to (likely...) or not. I do know that Opera is going to be working on the Jotnar.

I'm having an issue with the World of Erebus mapscript. It seems like a lot of salt pops up in the desert and the coasts are mostly kelp.

Salt will be toned down, as with kelp.

Mouse over city tooltip misses icon for Heron Throne.

Known, and will be fixed.

Are the D'Tesh supposed to have both the "Lord of Death has found us" and "Continue" options for the Lord of Death event?

Most likely not. I'll check it out.

I told you already about Doviellos popping fort out of nowhere that blocked an exit out of my starting area? This fort is now a citadel with ultra-elite commander in it, btw i had already defeated the rest of Dovi civ. Now a STAG enchanted like drow vanguard had fortified itself on a forested hill blocking the second (which is also last) exit from my area! I had to sacrifice two scouts on him before i was able to kill it with my 8-level warriors army led by commander - first warrior had retreated and only second finished the monstrosity. How that beast shot invisible arrows from its forehead! I was always a big lover of huge barbarian invasions (because of free xp and defence testing), but a single ANIMAL?
-1 to base stats to most beasties and no more stag archmages please!

Again: They did not pop it from nowhere. It was placed by the FlavorStart option, and their scout found it. The AI has been taught to claim forts. They've been taught to build forts, as well, in regions they want to expand to but don't want a city in. Expect to see many AI controlled forts, it is fully intended.

A Stag or an Elk? Either way, both of them know only support spells; Body, Nature, and Creation. The Elk also has divine, but as an animal can never gain a religion; that is just for the Doviello.

Animals have already been weakened. They will not be weakened further. And stags are not mages. They are divine in nature.

I don't know if this is a bug or if it has been reported. I received an assassin from a ruin on turn 30 then a mage from the same ruin at turn 31. Mage also came with Air II, Water II, Earth II and Fire II.

Lair results aren't scaled yet, will be addressed soon.

maybe someone already mentioned it, but AI Amurites p[opped thier world spell turn 1 on every game i'v had them in so far.

also, i thought barbs were toned down? i just played a game where from turn 20 on, i was defending my city 1-2 times a turn from giants and couldn't send workers out at all. lasted abother 10ish turns before i ran out of warriors >.<

Yeah, the Amurites have been doing that. Need to check the pyreq.

And barbs weren't touched. The Animals were. Barbs will be addressed in the first patch.

I think the only bug I've seen that was not mentioned was stumbling across a number of Barbarian cities with no defenders. I think the clan had a small stack in the vicinity, so maybe the Barbarians are thinking their city is defended and move off to throw themselves against a city somewhere. Save attached.

Probably best I leave this short just for bugs, I'll post minor issues in the feedback thread.

The Clan most likely cast their world spell. Most barb units are temporarily converted to the Clan, and move to the caster. Time it well, and you can pop an army in convenient places.

I'm not sure if this is right, but as the Mazatl, I can build the special temples, and then use the priest to build the regular temples. Is that how it is supposed to work?

I'm not sure if this is right, but as the Mazatl, I can build the special temples, and then use the priest to build the regular temples. Is that how it is supposed to work?

It is not. I need to move the effect for that spell to python, so I can create the buildingclass rather than building. This way the Mazatl UB's will be created, without creating an entirely new spell just for them.

Top Bottom