The Byzantine Empire

Today the leader selection screen appeared in my dreams (seriously wtf) and the Byzantine UA was: 6 Beliefs available instead of 5 and a free Great Prophet at Theology. Seems legit.

That's weird...in my dream I didn't see anything about a great prophet. I'd ask you to cite your sources, but...well...:lol:

Edit: Then again, I'm an atheist, and we very seldomly see prophets in our dreams. :D

~R~

Oh my, I just knew it. Oh Your Eminence Patriarch of Constantinople, first among equals, where art thou? It's just speculation ;)

<snip> So you want to play Byzantium but you don't want to play religiously. The UA is useless so they should add more to the UA.

Because you started that off with "Oh my", I read the entire comment in George Tekei's voice. It was fantastic. Thank you for that. :lol:

~R~

Honestly, I didn't think of George Tekei when typing that but come to think of it that made it even better. I laughed so hard myself :lol:

fuzzatron717 said:
<snip> So you want to play Byzantium but you don't want to play religiously. The UA is useless so they should add more to the UA.

Shhh, we're just speculating remember? About the same dream we all had. ;)

So, you don't want to play religiously so you play a civ with a non-religious UA.

Sorry, but that's like saying "I'm going to play Genghis Khan, but I want to play a peaceful OCC cultural victory". Yes, you can do it, you might even enjoy it, but the civ's Uniques won't help even a little bit, does that mean that Genghis should have something added to lend itself to culture?

~R~

Today the leader selection screen appeared in my dreams (seriously wtf) and the Byzantine UA was: 6 Beliefs available instead of 5 and a free Great Prophet at Theology. Seems legit.

That's because you read it somewhere.. somebody already given the idea to give them a Free Prophet at Theology, but I honestly think that's unlikely as it's VERY similiar to Scientist at Writing for Nebuchadnezzar.

I think it would be reasonable. If the Byzantines need a religion to have their ability work, they need a Great Prophet. However, having them wait until Theology helps ensure they don't get it first. Furthermore, they need more Great Prophets than others because they have an extra slot to fill. Therefore, they'll use the GP for that purpose even if they already got one to found a religion.

<snip>

TheKingOfBigOz said:
That's because you read it somewhere.. somebody already given the idea to give them a Free Prophet at Theology, but I honestly think that's unlikely as it's VERY similiar to Scientist at Writing for Nebuchadnezzar.

I speculate that instead of a free GPro, Byzantines get a Patriarch of Constantinople instead. Now what does that do...hmmm? :mischief:

It wouldn't be too bad if they had an ability that cheapened the chance of spawning a prophet (like 64 instead of 134) and pantheons.

That would hurt the Celts. Both would essentially have the same thing (faster Great Prophets). One would require forests, the other would get it automatically and also get a bonus belief on top of it.

Well...

I guess that if you're going to play as the Byzantines, then you're going to play it religious and do whatever it takes to found a religion.

I wouldn't say they're nerfed before more details about their UUs, but as I regard myself as the kind of unlucky guy, I'll probably find myself restarting the game over and over again... at least the load screen is nice...

That would hurt the Celts. Both would essentially have the same thing (faster Great Prophets). One would require forests, the other would get it automatically and also get a bonus belief on top of it.

And? The Aztecs gain culture from kills (without the Honor) and the French get +2 or +3 culture per turn, same exact thign. French gets Policies earlier.

Top Bottom