mod that changes time progression

angryvark

Chieftain
Hi,

I've been playing Civ5 with all the DLC's for a long time and one thing has always bothered me compared to Civ3 and 4.

The time early game progresses too fast and you'll find yourself in AC before too long with only a couple of cities that aren't fully grown. The turns it takes to build stuff takes too long. But in end game everything I build takes only 1 turn. Mind you, I'm not talking about "turns" but in time as well. Changing the game style from quick to epic or marathon doesn't change this fact. The only advantage I see from changing that is that on epic or marathon you can move units further in less time because each turn less years ingame passes by. The rest scales in turns to build or research.

In 3 and 4 it was much easier to build a bigger empire. End game was still stupid with everything taking 1 turn but at least it let you build more complete cities before AC.

Is there a mod or something to tweak how time progresses? Smaller steps early game while nearing end game newer units/buildings progressively take more time to prevent the 1 turn to build anything? Like, a minimum of 4 turns or somerthing for modern buildings/units.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

Top Bottom