Another WW2-Global PBEM

bigbill0126

Chieftain
Ok some months ago (more than a year i think) i tried to set up a ww2 pbem using an old scenario, and it wouldn't work for some ppl and everything came crashing down around my head. But now i have thought to try and start another pbem, but this time using the amazing WW2-Global Multiplayer 1.0 scenario file. I will take the United Kingdom, and my friend Ryan will take France. So here is the countires and players as they stand:

1. Nazi Germany - Spartaca
2. Soviet Russia - <not filled>
3. Nuetrals - AI
4. China - TechGuy
5. Japan - WvCivNut
6. Great Britain - Bill
7. France - Ryan
8. United States - JG99_Korab

We may have to debate over some small rule variations (such as whether or not to have rifleman be able to execute amphibious assaults) but as long as u download the huge art files and the singleplayer version works for you, then this game will to. Post what countires u want or email me at :
Bigbill0126@aol.com

Hope we can get this one started!

I'd like to try Japan. This will be my first PBEM game but Im a long time player of scenerios (WWII Global since 1.5) and hotseat games.

Hi everyone!

I´m interested in joining!
First of all, do I need C3C? I "only" have PTW.

If PTW is enough, then asign me any nation you want!

/M

Yeh sorry, you do need conquests for this scenario. I wanted to put it in the first post, but i forgot to.

Techguy: That would be great if you would play as China. Now we only have two more spots to fill.

I guess you can get the stuff here PS:I hope that Dazz G doesn't mind me copying part of his post
[http://forums.civfanatics.com/showp...93&postcount=1]

[http://forums.civfanatics.com/showp...&postcount=361]

The first link is for the huge download necessary to run any version of the scenario ... you can also get the single player biq file here.

The second link is for the multiplayer biq needed to take part in this PBEM.

You should follow the download instructions and make sure you can get the scenario to work ... please confirm when you have successfully got it to work.

Please note ... Patch 1.22 required.

hey thanks for posting the links guys, and JG99_Korab you are in for the united states. I will give this post a little more time to see if anyone wants to join in as the soviet union. If we can find a player, that would be great, but we can always have them be an AI as a last resort. I think i am going to turn off military alliances in this scenario, because i don't think its fair for either side to goad the neutrals into war. Do you guys want to give all the standard infantry units the amphibious assault ability, or keep that solely for the marine units?

first of all I think we should have military alliances on because the game won't be very realistic without and that marines should be the only ones aloud with the water landing. And, If we have Ai as SR then I think the game will go a bit faster and I really would like that.

When i said turning off military alliances, i meant keeping the loocked alliances in place, but turning off the ability for countries to very cheaply make the neutrals declare war on their enemeis. This in itself is not realistic at all, because they were neutral during the war. I will still give it a day or two and see if someone wants to join as the russians, but we have filled all the countires that i thought were necessary for a good pbem game.

I think you should go ahead and start. Because Russia Acted really weird in the war anyways

Just wondering. If there is no amphibious assault by infantry, how do Germany, Britain and France make amphibious assaults? Unlike Japan and the USA, I don't think they have the ability to make marines.

Top Bottom