Welcome New Members

hi to all !

im Manuel from Germany.i had much trouble to register here,cause i never got a message with the activation link,although i tried it with freenet,gmail,gmx,ok.de,web.de .anyway,now im registered and im glad to be here !

Civilization V is so much fun - so i will try to mod it .it is my first Civilization.i purchased it only cause Steam made an offer i could not refuse . then i tried it and was surprised - totally.

it is on the same fun-level as Skyrim - my favorite game . so now i have 2 favorite games.

but enough of bla-bla .

im really glad to be here .

Don't have much to say, just figured I'd stop lurking and actually register for an account. Been playing Civilization since I found Civ 3 complete edition in a random thrift store a few years ago. Played 3 for a while before upgrading to Civ 4, and now I'm on Civ 5 BNW. Can't wait for Civ: Beyond Earth this fall

Hello civfanatics :) Another Civ addict here,started with Civ 4 Complete,now on to Civ5 BNW,hoping to improve my game,find fellow addicts to play with and maybe learn how to do XML modding with Civ 5 while i'm at it :D

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums. Been playing Civ 5 since December of 13. Always loved Civilization style and real time strategy games.

Hi everyone!

I got the Sid Meier humble bundle, which included [civ5], [GandK], BNW, and some DLC I think, for about $15, as well as Railroads and Pirates etc.
Could not have asked for a better deal.

I have spent the last week or so reading through guides and strats, but I really need to just pull my finger out and PLAY MORE!
It's difficult as my wife loves to play as well, and Hot Seat games seem to take FOREVER. Another problem is the fact that I don't really want to steamroll her Civ in case it causes a divorce, so we're stuck playing a tiny Earth with no AI until I grow some balls and massacre her.

I tend to ramble a lot, apologies in advance. ;)

Howdy all

Well after years of appreciative reading of the civfanatics forum I'm glad to finally participate. I've been playing Civ since the original Dos version and have enjoyed every version, personally I find they each have their good points as well as bad. I've only been getting into V the past month after shelving it 3 years ago while I explored the expansions for IV. Now I am testing out my brand new V complete edition which seems to have merged with my original vanilla, I hope I still have a copy to share with friends. I look forward to engaging the members and eventually exploring the world of multiplayer. :)

Hello, world-builders!

I'm a noob in every way - Civ5 is my first experience in the game. I only started playing that a month ago. It's already one of my all-time favorites.

My first game was set to 'random' and I drew old man Bismarck. I'm really loving how you can recruit barbarian units - the 'Bismarck Brutes'! ;) Played that for a few dozen rounds at 'Chieftain' level, then went to 'Prince' level with King Casimir III. I've been switching between the two campaigns to keep things fresh.

Here's my first noob question (there will be others) - My Casimir campaign is now well over 250 rounds, but I haven't encountered a single war. The only fighting I've done is the occasional skirmish against barbarian units. Is this unusual ?

EDIT: oops - intro thread. I'll just take this question to the proper place. :blush:

Howdy all

Well after years of appreciative reading of the civfanatics forum I'm glad to finally participate. I've been playing Civ since the original Dos version and have enjoyed every version, personally I find they each have their good points as well as bad. I've only been getting into V the past month after shelving it 3 years ago while I explored the expansions for IV. Now I am testing out my brand new V complete edition which seems to have merged with my original vanilla, I hope I still have a copy to share with friends. I look forward to engaging the members and eventually exploring the world of multiplayer. :)
Welcome !
not like you, I tried civ 4 but I gave up continuing because its graphics are worse than civ 5.
Now, I have stopped playing civ 5 for a while. ..maybe in my summer holidays I will resume my journey, which shall be time-consuming, I guess.

Hello,

Long time fan of Civilization and Free Civ.
Civ 5 came out I was onboard from the start.
Major disappointment in the release lead to uninstallation.

So now that a few years have gone by I'm back trying it again.

I'm looking for any help finding what I'm coming to understand as Vanilla version of the game.
In particular I've been looking for anyway to increase the games performance which is dismal.
My system is older with 4 GB of Ram | Windows 7 Home Premium | 2CPU 6320@1.86 GHz | NIVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
But still I think it should run better than it does.

If you know and would share a particular thread about increasing the performance of the Vanilla version that would be great.
I search around but seem to end up in someone's MOD thread or something stranger.
I understand the type of thread I'm looking for maybe years old and something everyone now takes for old news.

Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way.

hello friends,
i am new to this forum where i can discuss a lot of new things and can be a part of various issues as well and most important will have good company of friends as well .
Thank you

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics! I think you will find this to be a great community.

Thread moved to the Welcome New Members thread.

Just realized I never posted here. Got my start in Civ 3 Complete, worked into Civ 4 with all expansions, later enjoyed Civ 1 on SNES on my friends modded Xbox and am currently playing Civ 5 Complete. Tried a pirated Civ 2 to see what I missed on, preferred 1 and 3 over 2, couldn't get into the view angle of 2, personal preference lol. Either way I quit every game too soon cause I feel I'm not doing well enough in it so never hit the late eras lol. Currently play Civ 5 on Prince and have found Maya and and Shoshone to be my favorite Civs. I prefer defensive wars to actual war mongering and Cultural and Scientific wins are my goals.

Hello everyone!

It's my first post here. I'm fairly new to Civ (only played Civ V, ~200 hours), but I already like it, save for AI behaviour.

I come from Poland and I'm quite content with the Polish civilization, which is obviously one of the best out there.

Hey there. Civ 5 is my first game in the series, and I've been playing since mid 2012. I've been regularly playing on Emperor and am moving into Immortal.

I just finished my first real Immortal game (I did a successful duel a while back, but I don't really count that) - Indonesia / Archipelago / Huge - Got an accidental Diplo victory around turn 325 while I was less than 10 turns from a Science victory. Weird thing about that map - I didn't have a single coastal neighbor Civ, so I didn't meet anyone until Astronomy.

Oh, and I used be a practicing CPA, but now I teach Accounting full time at the local community college.

Hi all. I've been active on /r/civ for a while, and used the tutorials here for making new mods, but just set up an account recently. many thanks to the contributors here for sharing!

This may be the first time I've seen someone advertise themselves as a redditor in their introduction :p

Top Bottom