Napoleon Total War

The_Tyrant

Values Guardian
So, what is the general consensus on NTW? In what ways has it improved itself over Empire? I know people have criticized it for it's lack of playability with France being the only playable country, but I'm more concerned over bugs, battle and campaign AI, and just the general atmosphere of the game.

I know people have criticized it for it's lack of playability with France being the only playable country,
That's totally and hilariously untrue. France, the UK, Prussia, Russia, and Austria are all playable.

That's totally and hilariously untrue. France, the UK, Prussia, Russia, and Austria are all playable.

Okay, let me rephrase. People have criticized it for it's lack of playability with France being the only playable country in two of the three campaigns. Anyway, I'm not concerned about that since I prefer to play as the French. What I am concerned about is whether or not the AI has been improved and whether the game has been patched enough.

Well as two of the campaigns (Italy and Egypt) are stories told from Napoleon's point of view, and the game is called Napoleon Total War, it is somewhat of an unfair criticism to say that France is the only playable country in these campaigns.

Not really. Rome: Total War has Rome's name in it, but you can play as plenty of other factions. But yes, as Dachs said, there is a grand campaign available in which you can play has other factions.

As to your other points, from what I hear it is a vast improvement over ETW, with the AI actually being competent and many of the bugs from the earlier, prepatched days (those have since been fixed in ETW) are not there. By all accounts, it is definitely worth the buy, although I have also heard that S2TW is simply phenomenal, so maybe you should look into that one instead, assuming you have the rig for it.

Top Bottom