Cartography Office of Fanatica

FionnMcCumhall

Emperor
Welcome to the Office of Cartography for Fanatica.

---more to come---

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now hiring provincal map makers.

please apply by sending a pm with a sample map you have made

thats one map, we need others, i can not make the website and make the majority of the maps as well. im good but im not that good especially with the homework i receive from school

FionnMcCumhall - do you have any mapmakers? I assume deshelbr has the job. If so, are we going to see maps in this thread? I would like to see all the current maps in your first post.

I personally feel that the interface that Fionn will build into the web page for viewing maps will have to be better than scrolling through a forum thread looking for stuff. If there is a strong demand for me to post stuff in the thread then I will, otherwise I'm just submitting everything to Fionn to user in his website cartography interface.

Originally posted by deshelbr
I personally feel that the interface that Fionn will build into the web page for viewing maps will have to be better than scrolling through a forum thread looking for stuff. If there is a strong demand for me to post stuff in the thread then I will, otherwise I'm just submitting everything to Fionn to user in his website cartography interface.

For me, I would rather have everything in the forums, with some stuff also on the website. I want only one place to go to play this game. And if all the maps were in the first post, then no scrolling required.

I meant I would want the images in the forums and also on the website.

having all the images in the forum and the website is a bit redundant isnt it?

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
having all the images in the forum and the website is a bit redundant isnt it?

I guess it is, but this is a FORUM based game. It just doesn't seem right to start taking content out of the forums and putting it elsewhere. And if you can keep the same file name with each update, there really is no additional work.

content should be on the site imo so we dont keep using up server space for the forums upload folder(s) we do tend to get some high up there size wise maps which would be better served on the demogames own server.

Nice job 40!

It doesn't matter where you store them, you can still display them in the forums.

As Culture leader, I think that our land is not yet impreigned with the mighty culture of Fanatica. Only a very few land features have been named.

I would like to propose a discussion (as I did in DG2) to help the governors to find original names for their land features.

Also, seeing the, hmmm…, lack of recent maps, I would like to incorporate the Mapping department to my Culture department, and to give to one official map maker a chat rep (or deputy if naervod isn't offuscated by that) status in my Department.

its usually a domestic issue when it comes to maps but seeing as it shouldnt matter too much and culture needs other items to do, go for it :D

We still need map makers folks. Anybody who has any experience with PSP or Photoshop can do maps quick and easy.

On a side note: when did this become a sticked thread. Boy do i really need to pay attention.

Top Bottom