HD textures?

Haki

Chieftain
i just bought Civ3 (old memories :p) and now i want to know is there some kind of mod or something to make textures HD?

Total HD textures I dont think is possible in Civ3, but there is still many terrain graphics that look close to HD. I suggest you look through the terrain graphics download section.

Ares de Borg's terrain pack is quite good as well as Ronning's.

i just bought Civ3 (old memories :p) and now i want to know is there some kind of mod or something to make textures HD?
Not as far as I know -- it's a pretty old game after all, and the character animation frames (and textures) are composed of 2D images of a specific size, rather than skinned scaleable polygons.

If you haven't done so already, you could try adding 'KeepRes=1' to your Civ3Conquests .ini file (created when you start a game for the first time). Although this won't actually interpolate the existing graphics, it will cause the game to use your monitor's native resolution, allowing it to display a much larger chunk of the main map screen. If you have a widescreen monitor (and who doesn't, these days? ;) ), KeepRes=1 should also eliminate the horizontal distortion-effects of projecting a game-display originally programmed for 4:3 monitors, onto an 8:5 or 16:9 screen.

The downside here is that the existing graphics might be projected much smaller than you remember them -- with a hi-res monitor, this will be especially noticeable on the Civilopedia/ Advisor screens, which (AFAIK) always appear at 1024 x 768.

OTOH, if your monitor's capable of showing significantly more pixels than that, you might want to consider constraining the display mode to 4:3, but stretching it (vertically) to fit your screen (i.e. the monitor would display the game area in 'vertical letterbox' format, with blank/black bars on either side). In that case (I think) you wouldn't want KeepRes=1, but rather VideoMode=[your monitor's vertical height x 4/3], e.g. if your monitor has 1200 vertical pixels, set VideoMode=1600. That might however result in blockier-looking graphics -- rather the opposite of what you wanted...

Also, don't forget to add 'NoAIPatrol=0' to the Conquests .ini, for more dangerous barbarians... And see this post for a (probably) complete list of all the other things you can add/change in the .ini file.

Top Bottom