I dont know what cause freezing of my game

I have a game freezing when playing around 4 to 8 hrs
having many units, wars in different civs

As France or Austria in Napoleonic Europe

I have laptop

4 GB memory, Windows 8 , Intel Core 15 4200 U 1.6 GHZ
500 Hard Drive

I dont know what cause freezing of my game

This is, in all probability, caused due to overheating of your machine. Play for shorter periods of time or get yourself a notebook cooler. Laptops aren't as efficient at cooling as PC's sure to compact design so you need to take care. Also to further verify if this is a heating problem, use an app like speccy or cpuz to monitor temperatures of different components of your machine.

ashley26ph2003 - You don't want CPU-Z, but HWMonitor - same company different program. Or, get a program like AIDA64 Extreme and stress test your system to check for instabilities. Another thing to consider would be to make sure all your drivers are up-to-date.

However, it could just be that your processor is having a difficult time running the game when there is alot of graphical operations happening (i.e. there are several units/trading/etc. going on, especially in the later game). C3C only utilizes a single processor core so when I play I o/c a single core to 4.6GHz and never have a problem. You might also make sure that in the later game you turn off extra animations in the preferences screen like showing all moves, battles, etc.

hi

I have PC

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor - Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.2 GHZ
RAM - 3 GB
Graphics - Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Hard Disk - 160 GB 80 GB free

but it turns black and never return again

It can have me play civ 2, 3,4 in many long hours 4 to 8 hrs, 12 hrs maximum
It cant load civ 5 so when it doesnt work I buy laptop

my laptop cant play civ 4 more than 1 to 2 hrs, the graphics turn black also

As France, Austria in Napoleonic Europe
I have good running game 1800 to 1808 or after having many units, having wars, it freezes
I reload games before 4 yrs run again but when having many units, wars again it freezes
I try to make science long to be discovered so units wont be many, but trading tech makes again many units of other civs

How civ 3 conquest will use 2 core?

hi

I have PC

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor - Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.2 GHZ
RAM - 3 GB
Graphics - Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Hard Disk - 160 GB 80 GB free

but it turns black and never return again

It can have me play civ 2, 3,4 in many long hours 4 to 8 hrs, 12 hrs maximum
It cant load civ 5 so when it doesnt work I buy laptop

my laptop cant play civ 4 more than 1 to 2 hrs, the graphics turn black also

As France, Austria in Napoleonic Europe
I have good running game 1800 to 1808 or after having many units, having wars, it freezes
I reload games before 4 yrs run again but when having many units, wars again it freezes
I try to make science long to be discovered so units wont be many, but trading tech makes again many units of other civs

How civ 3 conquest will use 2 core?

The same problem on the pc as well?
Maybe there's something wrong with your installer files/CD.
Considering that this game was released way back in 2002, most modern hardware should comfortably run the game. As far as I know most strategy based games face problems with lack of ram in the late game strange on large maps where a lot of information needs to be stored there. But 3GB seems quite fine and I myself am running 4gb with no issues at all. As for the unavailability of a discreet gpu, well that could have affected many other games, but in civ 3 there really isn't much for the gpu to do and even the On board Intel graphics should be enough. Did you recently make some major software changes or driver un/installs?

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you -- to the best of your knowledge -- have a legitimate copy of C3C?

Because I remember you posting some months back, asking where in the Philippines you could buy C3C. If someone sold you a hacked version of the Conquests add-on (or C3C) without your realising it, there's no telling what could have been screwed up in there...

So is it only the Scenario that crashes, or are you (now) also having problems with the base-game of Conquests, and/or your Vanilla installation?

And if just the Scenario, have you modded it at all? Because you were also asking about that recently as well...

For the record, my download-installation of C3C is working just fine on our single-core cheapo laptop (bought in 2006, specs in my personal details).
Spoiler :
I only bought that download-version in the first place because I wanted to replace a (dodgy?) Thai-published CD-version of the Conquests expansion, that I'd bought through Amazon. (As far as I knew, I was buying a legit Firaxis-published copy from a UK-based seller -- until it arrived).

I installed it, ran it once successfully, and then started getting the 'please insert CD' error (even though the CD was in the drive, and all my other CD-ROMs still worked). I uninstalled everything, including my functioning Vanilla-install, and reinstalled Vanilla, but the laptop never recognised the Conquests-CD again (the CD-drive still worked at that point, although admittedly it died not long afterwards).

It just only the scenario
I just edit the scenarios,

It works fine It just need to have many wars, not peaceful
When they keep declaring wars it just plays

Its a war scenario so having wars solve

I try Britain it does not freezes
Other scenarios that not edited by me works fine

my laptop cant handle games only shorter period of time
only pc can handle games specially many units, can up to long hours

It just only the scenario
I just edit the scenarios,

It works fine It just need to have many wars, not peaceful
When they keep declaring wars it just plays

Its a war scenario so having wars solve

I try Britain it does not freezes
Other scenarios that not edited by me works fine

my laptop cant handle games only shorter period of time
only pc can handle games specially many units, can up to long hours

Even if it's just a few scenarios, you shouldn't be facing any problems with the game. tjs282 has a valid point. You should ask your seller to verify that he has sold you a legitimate copy of the game and not some low market crack or a pirated version.

Atishay Jain and tjs282

Like I said when scenarios played by no editing,no modding, no city raze patch
It plays no issues at all

I played other other scenarios working fine,
All Conquest Scenarios

Scenarios in this forum is not all running in Civ 3 Complete

I played again no freezing, It just civ have many units 30 to 50 so it moves very slowly
So It looks freezing but I played other Civs

Loading Games sometimes takes many minutes to load

I just solve my own problem by playing again, trying other civs ok

Top Bottom