WorldBuilder Hyborem Spawns

Evalis

Prince
Background Info: I'm working on a scenario using the world builder that starts with Hyborem already spawned (infernal pact has been researched) and one of the players needs to summon basium to stop him. Hyborem has been placed, provided with cities etc..

The Issue: Every time I load this save (or attempt to play it), another copy of Hyborem spawns somewhere on the map. I've been recommended to turn on 'compact enforced'.. unfortunately this would prevent basium from being summoned later on.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

There are a couple different ways you could do this, all needing python I think.

You could edit CvGameUtils.xml to make Compact enforced not block Basium.

You could create a game option for the scenario (or use the extra one Kael left for scenarios) and then edit to CvEventmanager.py to this option disable Hyborem's spawning just like COmpact Enforced does, but without blocking Basium too.

You could edit the Hyborem spawning code in CvEventmanager.py to not occur if Hyborem has ever been in the game. Changing if not gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_NO_HYBOREM_OR_BASIUM): to if not gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_NO_HYBOREM_OR_BASIUM) and not CyGame().isUnitClassMaxedOut(UNITCLASS_HYBOREM, 0): or to if (iTechType == gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_INFERNAL_PACT') and iPlayer != -1 and not CyGame().isCivEverActive(gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_INFERNAL'))): would work.

Top Bottom