Help wanted

Agent327

Observer
If you have time. I could use some help implementing custom units/models. I've collected a number of units (mostly made by woodelf, some by others) plus permission to use some more, but haven't found the time to implement any. Some knowledge of MOO/MOO2/MOO3 and/or this mod would be needed as I'm as yet undecided how to best make use of the models available so far. (Any thoughts on this are also welcome.)

Please post on this thread or send me a PM.

Found a link to images of MOO III ships here: http://www.moo3.at/gallery/index.php (Select category: Ships)

Here's what has been collected so far:

Attachments

• MOO2CivUnit models.7z
    3.7 MB · Views: 173
If you have time. I could use some help implementing custom units/models. I've collected a number of units (mostly made by woodelf, some by others) plus permission to use some more, but haven't found the time to implement any. Some knowledge of MOO/MOO2/MOO3 and/or this mod would be needed as I'm as yet undecided how to best make use of the models available so far. (Any thoughts on this are also welcome.)

Please post on this thread or send me a PM.

(I'd post links to the unit locations, but my attempt to do so turned out messy...):(

What sort of help do you want? I can kinda work with xml but thats it. I've added new units in a module so I can figure out the art aspect too.

Well, that's basically what I want. As is I'm undecided if the 10+ models available so far should be custom units for all races or that they should be assigned as a Unique Unit to the various races. So I'd appreciate any thoughts from players on this.

I've attached a zipfile of units collected so far at post #1. (It also contains technical notes on how units should be implemented.)

My 2 bits:

I prefer custom art for each major ship class for each race/civ if possible. It would be really cool to be able to see a ship and know that its blocky so it must be bulrathi, or whatever, but I doubt that you have enough art for that yet... :cry:

My 2 bits:

I prefer custom art for each major ship class for each race/civ if possible. It would be really cool to be able to see a ship and know that its blocky so it must be bulrathi, or whatever, but I doubt that you have enough art for that yet... :cry:

I'd agree with that sentiment as an ultimate goal. You could initially reduce the number of ship sets by grouping the races in "cultural" blocks. For example, the Humans, Elerians, and Psilons could all use the same ship designs.

Not sure if deadliver is working on this now too, but I'd be happy to use this project as my "how to" learning experience. I'm growing more familiar with the XML files by the day, so I should be able to manage this level of help.

I'd agree with that sentiment as an ultimate goal. You could initially reduce the number of ship sets by grouping the races in "cultural" blocks. For example, the Humans, Elerians, and Psilons could all use the same ship designs.

That sounds like a really cool way to do it, at least to get the concept rolling... And there's nothing wrong with reusing the original shipsets either, they are pretty cool and will last until someone finishes some nice custom models :D

Oviously a model maker would be most welcome. (I'd like to be able to do it myself, but have no experience whatsoever in model making, nor do I have the time to focus on it.)

I suppose cultural groupings will be fine for now. I'm not sure what deadliver is doing, as I haven't heard from him since he last posted. At this point I welcome any help. So, if you have an idea how to assign a model to a cultural group, go right ahead.;)

I've updated post #1 with a link to 12 shots of MOO III ships. (Just in case...)

wow, MOO3 looks old. I think MOO2 ships have aged better...

I'm not sure what you mean; part of those shots include pre-game designs. At any rate, I'm going to try and include the Cybernetic ship as a Meklar Destroyer for the next patch. If my attempts are succesful I may even add a couple more, as their implementation is long overdue...

Top Bottom