Ideas for Total War games after Empire.

I enjoyed how war geared Shogun was. Better battle interface sure, but leave the map interface as it is. It's called Total War, not micromanage the 300 farms and towns. I doubt any of the real emperor's had that problem.

Aye. :goodjob:

An Emperor who ignores his 300 farms and towns will be lucky to have any army next spring. Try waging total war without food.

Yes, but the micromanagement is excessive.

You are suppose to be leading armies. Not chicken farming co-ops.

What about civ-style delegation to incredibly intelligent AI governors like the, um, auto-manage feature gives you?

one of the best things in Total war is: Automanage

Yes, you can either use automanage or you can use micro-manage. I like building as well as war so I micro-manage, if you don't like it then don't do it. Besides that though, if you don't like managing all the various aspects of war, including how to raise a population and infrastructure sufficient to build and sustain an army, then a Total War game may not be for you.

Hell, why not just play the battles instead of the campaign?

Yes, you can either use automanage or you can use micro-manage. I like building as well as war so I micro-manage, if you don't like it then don't do it. Besides that though, if you don't like managing all the various aspects of war, including how to raise a population and infrastructure sufficient to build and sustain an army, then a Total War game may not be for you.

Hell, why not just play the battles instead of the campaign?

I often do just play the battles, but going back to what RMcD94 said - I am fond of they way everything was done in Shogun. You had to manage towns, but it was a bit easier and still effective.

Luckily though the games are highly modable :goodjob:

I know this has been suggested, but ancient Mesopotamia seems ideal for a TW game. Due to the massive time frame, it could be partitioned into a few different eras. Playing as Assyria would be fun as you roll over your foes with your newly invented horse archers, heavy lancers, battering rams, siege towers, boat bridges, and so on.

As far as,

1. Hasn't been done yet.
and
2. Real world.

I am behind you, that is one of the better ideas.

Off the top of my head 3 kingdoms (China) total war, and perhaps Mongol Total war are the only "better" ones that come to mind.

Of course better is subjective, when I say better I mean it in the likely levels of sales area.

China, Japan, and India have loads of potential for a future game, not sure about the market for that though. It'll be interesting to see what N:TW comes with, the 19th century as a whole would be a great thing to see. Not the least of good reasons for it being the ease of a steampunk mod omg.

Shogun2 or Rome2 would rule, especially with many features from mods such as Europa Barborum (Rome) and Stainless Steel (Med2). Also, make it so that a lot of computers can actually run it. Also, NO STEAM!!!!!!!!! Steam is the :):):):)ing worst service since the SS. And also everything relevant from the thread about improvements to Empire.

There's a mod for RTW for Battles In Asia it's similar to Shogun.

I suggest you try it out.

There should be a WW1 Total War game. Even though there was change of some tactics in the early 1900s, WW1 was still about large armies facing it out in large groups. Tanks could replace elephants as shock value., artillery could replace cannons as artillery, of course trench warfare would play a huge tactical part of winning. Also there should probably be planes in it. If there is a fog of war, you could use airplanes to spot enemy positions. Machine gunners could replace archers as defensive units. Trenches probably would replace walls and forts as defensive positions. It would be a nice change of pace from old school warfare and it would be pretty fun. With realistic death animations from grenades and gunfire in the trenches and so on. There were a lot of other weapons as well like gas bombs and fighters to use. You could actually have a new level to play on in the sky so you could watch dogfights. It would be as engaging as rome total war. Just ideas anyways I hope happens in the next total war.

A american civil war game would be nice too. No WW2 unless they reinvent the engine because ww2 was not about dozens of large armies fighting it out.

Slowly but steadily I am feeling more for a WW1 game, But it would be complicated to execute the various problems.

BUT!!! I still want a Asia Total War: China, Korea, Manchu and Japan.

Toyotomi Hideyoshi WOOT!!!

Nobunaga Oda for me! I'm surprised you guys still haven't considered the idea of a Victoria era total war game. It would be significantly different from Empire total war (though I'm sure most of you know that). Think, the true colonial age, the British Empire and its crown jewel India, the Berlin conference, the Zulu wars, the boer wars, French North Africa, Spanish-American war, not too mention new technology like lever and bolt action guns, breach loading artillery don't mean too sound cheesy but the possibilities are endless!

Some possibilities:

Another Rome game
Another Medieval game, only with China included as well
Another Empire game
Renaissance
WW1
WW2
Modern Day
All of history together

The type of thread you half wish a mod would close. ;) It's served it's purpose, and we know Creative Assembly's options for next game anyway.

Top Bottom