Bugs/Error reports

Playing on an enclosed space map was my problem too, even though you mentioned it.:mischief:
Just started a game using the Final Frontier map and did a cold reload just fine. Thnx for the reminder JEELEN:goodjob:

EDIT: Another thing that happens only with this mod is that when I load a game from the regular BTS screen and accept 'this requires Moo2 mod to be loaded' it leaves up that screen as blank wallpaper and if I don't hit the windows key it'll interfere with the loading of the mod. Weird.

Well, they're in the maps list - just the necessary files aren't currently in the Beta. I'll be adding those back in if no serious issues are being reported with the Beta.

Following up on the issue causing an error when loading a save with this mod,

Error Message:
Spoiler :
Init. render failed check directX install
Latest graphics drivers and settings
Width = 1024
Height = 768
Flags = 0xc
Hwnd = 0xb02d6
Adaptrid = 0
Devieid = 1

Its strange because it loads just fine if I hit the windows key to get out of the Bts screen.

EDIT: Another thing that happens only with this mod is that when I load a game from the regular BTS screen and accept 'this requires Moo2 mod to be loaded' it leaves up that screen as blank wallpaper and if I don't hit the windows key it'll interfere with the loading of the mod. Weird.

That is strange. I cannot confirm it on my end, but I have gotten the message from your post below on occasion (though not w/MOO2Civ).

Finally! I've got more news on the no starbase missile production problem that might help actually solve something. (Is nobody else having this problem?)

Spoiler :
I'm playing version 5.0 beta as Mrrshan on a Final Frontier map, on turn 125.

I have two starbases built around 80 turns ago, one is on asteroids and one is in space.

No missiles have appeared on the starbases, but there are six missiles on one of my stars and it does not have a missile base.

It was the 3rd or 4th star colonized (called Leviathan), it's far from both starbases, but I think the missiles appearing on that star are from the starbases.

Since only one starbase should produce 5 missiles in 80 turns, I wonder if being built in asteroids is another cause of the problem problem. I've never seen a missile appear on a starbase that is built in asteroids, but I have seen missiles appear on starbases built in space (when they work).

Finally! I've got more news on the no starbase missile production problem that might help actually solve something. (Is nobody else having this problem?)

Spoiler :
I'm playing version 5.0 beta as Mrrshan on a Final Frontier map, on turn 125.

I have two starbases built around 80 turns ago, one is on asteroids and one is in space.

No missiles have appeared on the starbases, but there are six missiles on one of my stars and it does not have a missile base.

It was the 3rd or 4th star colonized (called Leviathan), it's far from both starbases, but I think the missiles appearing on that star are from the starbases.

That's the usual procedure: missiles appear free from Starbases, but in a system you need to build them yourself.

Thanks for the reminder, BTW: I tried a MP game last Sunday, but we were so swamped with OOSes that we didn't really get to the point of building Starbases. I'll look into it later this week. (I'm sure the issue appears with other players, but most players don't provide feedback, I'm afraid.)

I counted how far apart missiles appeared in my stars and I realized what was confusing me. Some starbases create the missile then next turn it is transported to the nearest friendly star. Other starbases's missiles are instantly transported to the nearest star, so you don't see them created.

I don't think I was getting as many missiles as I should have but my record wasn't that accurate. Next game I'm going to keep track and see if all that I saw was just the two different missile creation styles.

I'm currently cleaning up on a conquest victory only map with the barbarians turned off so we all don't get overwhelmed.

I counted how far apart missiles appeared in my stars and I realized what was confusing me. Some starbases create the missile then next turn it is transported to the nearest friendly star. Other starbases's missiles are instantly transported to the nearest star, so you don't see them created.

Yes, you can even get them stationed at another civ's star system if that's nearest.:crazyeye:

BTW, what level are you playing?

BTW, what level are you playing?
Do you mean map or difficulty level? It's a small final frontier map and it's on normal difficulty.

I found two bugs at the end of the game:

Around turn 260 I couldn't build any buildings on any of my stars, even the stars that were just conquered and had almost no buildings. I could only build projects and units. It was just after I researched Trans Genetics if that is what caused it. It was also just before I conquered the last enemy star. I don't know what else would have caused the bug.

I only had conquest checked in victory conditions and I never won once I beat everybody. It just kept going.

EDIT: Maybe I couldn't build buildings because I passed the time limit? I had the time limit turned off though...

Isn't this how its been since vanilla Final Frontier? I always assumed that's just how they worked. I can't recall ever seeing starbases work differently than that. It did bug me that some never have a missile on them for a turn yet others do.

I think that's right.

Seems I missed a post:

Do you mean map or difficulty level? It's a small final frontier map and it's on normal difficulty.

I found two bugs at the end of the game:

Around turn 260 I couldn't build any buildings on any of my stars, even the stars that were just conquered and had almost no buildings. I could only build projects and units. It was just after I researched Trans Genetics if that is what caused it. It was also just before I conquered the last enemy star. I don't know what else would have caused the bug.

I only had conquest checked in victory conditions and I never won once I beat everybody. It just kept going.

EDIT: Maybe I couldn't build buildings because I passed the time limit? I had the time limit turned off though...

Darn... never encountered this myself (nor has it been reported before), but then I can't recall ever playing the mod that far. I'll have to check. Also, if anyone else doesn't get a victory please report!

Unit Titan II in Civopedia is broken, can you fix it ?. i have try your mod.

That's odd... Clicking on Scout II and Battleship II in the Civilopedia has been reported to cause a CTD, but I can't confirm this (at least not for 5.0 Beta, which I plan to use for the next update). What version are you playing? (And what precisely do you mean by "broken"?)

I'm still getting the same crash on game creation I was getting with 4.0l. It begins initializing and then I get the 'Beyond the Sword has stopped working' Windows crash, I believe when it gets to creating the map.

Hope it helps. :) I'd love to be able to try this some time.

:eek: CTD on init. Sorry to hear... Thought I had a stable version now... :crazyeye: BTW, have you ever succesfully tried an earlier version of MOO2Civ?

I found two more bugs that I don't know what to do with:

There are two multiphasic shields promotions in the multiphased physics tech. Any idea why? Should one be deleted?

There is often two players that are orange of different races. It gets confusing when you attack the wrong guy because they are both the same color.

I see why there are two multiphasic shields promotions. One is for shields I & III and the other is for Shields V & VII. I guess that works

There is often two players that are orange of different races. It gets confusing when you attack the wrong guy because they are both the same color.

Noticed the same thing; using yellow as primary colour would solve this (yellow almost never gets used, I noticed).

Brother, can you spare a star (system)?

Looking forward to this mod, but am having a strange issue, and could use some help

Some basic info first:
-BTS patch 3.19, have installed pathches f, h, i, j, k,l and new beta
-installed in the BTS mods directory
-Somehow earlier only patch i was working, k and l would crash either at startup or when starting a new game. Was able to load the new beta and start new game, but with a big problem: my home star system has disappeared! (same problem in patch i) I was able to play patch i before without this problem.

Whenever I start a new game, I have a robowarrior sitting in space, without any star or system surrounding it (IOW, it has no planets). All the other civs have the same situation (checked through Worldbuilder), although none of the unoccupied stars seem affected. So I would guess it has something to do with the file(s) that generate the homeworlds.

So any thoughts what might be causing this problem? Are there certain files I should try deleting and uninstalling? If I need to uninstall and reinstall all the mods, do I need to uninstall/reinstall each patch, or does the latest patch have all the info from earlier ones? (this is something that really confuses me!) What's the right way to uninstall these mods? Can I just delete the folders for the mods in the BTS directory, or do I have to do this through the uninstaller? BTW, the uninstaller I tried for patch L somehow uninstalled patch i instead-is that messed up?

Assuming you have/had all versions installed correctly, I'm a bit puzzled, to be true, as I haven't had this reported before (nor experienced it myself). I suppose you have no problems when running Final Frontier or, say, Star trek mod?

Top Bottom