Hulfgar's Modpack

Ver 6.1 is online

Added Iroquois Riflemen skins from Bernie14
The "Reload Landmark System" option has been unchecked
The Impi warrior now requires Iron.
The promotion medic can not be chosen anymore. To get medics you need the Red Cross National Wonder.

Because of the new riflemen this version is not compatible with saved games from ver 6.

Downloaded v6.1 of your mod which comes as a .civ5mod file to my mods folder. I started up civ 5 and went to mods, install and clicked install. It extracted but did not show up on my mod list even after I restarted civ 5. Anyone else having this problem or am I doing something wrong?

I'll try redownloading the mod just to rule out a corrupt download.

Hello Bahzell,

uninstall any previous version and clear the mod's cache (Drive letter:\Users\user name\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache).

Tell me if it doesn't work.

v6.1 is the first one I downloaded so don't have any old versions. cleared cache and still will not show up on my mod list after extracting. was going to download v6 but saw that you were going to get v6.1 up, so I just waited till you had updated the mod.

downloaded and all it did was extract itself without copying. downloaded the city state diplomacy mod and the red mod. when i installed them they extracted then copied. your mod is only extracting for me for some reason. :confused: and here i am wanting to play your mod after reading all the work you've put into it. could it be that atomic gamer doesn't like me? :lol:

ok I will try something else : I will zip the mod folder from my civ5 directory and put it to download.

well I got your mod to show up on the mod list, but it crashes on me when the mod starts to load. the guy speaking gets to a certain point then repeats one word 3 times and then continues on, but by then I got the box asking if I want to send the error report to microsoft. noticed that your mod folder is 29.5MB in size while the .civ5mod file is only 18.7MB in size. don't have any mods enabled but your mod hulfgar.

Hello Bahzell,

for the mod's size it's normal, the third version was packed with winrar, which is less powerful than modbuddy to compress the mod.

I suppose you have the last version of the game ?
Which DLC do you have ?

yes I got the latest update to civ5 and I got all the dlc's.

Hulfgar, is this excellent mod compatible with the "Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations" mod from ambrox62?

Thanks for your work!

Hulfgar, is this excellent mod compatible with the "Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations" mod from ambrox62?

I don't know, I will donwload Ambrox's mod and check the files.

Bahzell I'm still looking for a solution for your problem.

is it just me or are you unable to build villages in this mod?

FYI, its militia, not milicia (mispelled in at least the tech tree)

hello Mayori,

with villages you mean the trading posts ? there is no reason why you can't build them, I didn't change their prereq.
How does this happen exactly : you don't have the option? the game crashes when you try to build one ?

FYI, its militia, not milicia

Thanks I will change this.

your workers are able to build villages in vanilla (i think, havent played vanilla in forever, maybe its just thal's?). once you get the right technology.

Also, Lumber mill where it lists stats it says production 10%, but then in the brief description below it, it says 15%.

In vanilla workers cannot build villages, only trading posts.
If Thal's has found a way to make villages the way they worked in Civ 4 I may look into this !

Thanks for the feedback on the lumbermill, the 10% was a leftover from a previous version but had overwrited the 15% bonus.
It will be corrected in ver. 7.

is it just me or does the tooltip showing the tile stats under your cursor show at the mouse AND right above the mini-map? Also, I would recommend using whatever part of thals that shows what the stats of a tile would be if you were to build certain improvements on it (when pressing Alt).

Also, the Policies don't feel as rewarding anymore (at least compared to thal's), but the tech tree is really nice, especially the extra resources and crap you have to deal with.

I would also strongly recommend showing the maint. cost of units at the build screen.

additional edit: Yeah trading posts become villages in Thal's, same graphic as the trading post, but calling it a village makes more sense imo.

is it just me or does the tooltip showing the tile stats under your cursor show at the mouse AND right above the mini-map?

you're right, it shows at the mouse after a few seconds and above the mini-map.
But I think it's from the vanilla game because I didn't touch the UI and I don't remember seeing the tooltip working an other way.

I would recommend using whatever part of thals that shows what the stats of a tile would be if you were to build certain improvements on it (when pressing Alt).

Also, the Policies don't feel as rewarding anymore (at least compared to thal's), but the tech tree is really nice, especially the extra resources and crap you have to deal with.

Yes, I was on the way to add more of Thal's features when I add those crashes while moving units .
I am not sure if this bug is solved but since the last games patches I feel that the mod is more stable.
So I am ready to invest more time into adding new features or working on the policies.

This will probably be for ver 8 : right now I have reworked the tech tree to give a home to the units Danrell is converting.
Some bug correction is in 7 as well, with some adds in the civilopedia and units updates/tweaks.

I would also strongly recommend showing the maint. cost of units at the build screen.
Good idea, I will search how to do that.

I will probably rename the trading post "villages", makes more sense.

I wanted to release ver7 with the new units but I will be off for 2 weeks starting from sunday.
So I will probably release an alpha version if someone wants to test it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Top Bottom