The Resource Mod

Hi,

I´ve now added some resources and almost everything works fine. Just in the city screen the small symbols are not shown or not right shown (see attachments).

Since now, I´ve only added the Artwork, the Civ4_BonusInfos, the Civ4_ArtDefines_Bonus, the Civ4_ImprovementInfos and the Civ4_Gamtext.

Since I´m new to modding and never added a ressource before, has this something to do with the gamefonts and the dll or am I just missing some XML-Files?

To use the fonts I´ve to change the dll too right?

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: Ok. I´ve found a way to just add the symbols in the gamefont and it seems to work.

Hello,
Long time civ player here since we had the original on floppy disks played on a 286 with EGA graphics. CivIV is probably my favourite. Civ, then progressively civ II up to IV which my twin sister bought shortly before she passed away, was the source of many hours of fun and many, many happy memories so the games will always have a special play in my heart. Thank you Sid!

I really, REALLY enjoy this mod as getting one of every kind on the map and hoarding resources is one of my favourite thing to do when I play but I have a major civics issue. They cannot be changed through the civics screen. :confused:

Here is a screen shot:

I've tried different resolutions and windowed mode to see if maybe the revolution option was hiding somewhere but no luck. Also when you click on a specific civic it only stays highlighted while the cursor is on the icon, once you move the mouse it is as though nothing was ever selected.
I also have tried removing some resources, about 7, but nothing changes and I tried installing the zip located in this thread which did fix the wonky icons like the bullet as an unhappy face but did not fix the civics.

I've been playing this mod like crazy even with the civics problem but it can really be restricting in being able to play effectively- especially when you discover democracy and you can only get emancipation or free speech because you adviser pop up only asks you about one civic per discovery. :cry: If you build the wonders that allow all civics in a category upon completion then you never can change civics.

So I love the mod but would really appreciate any advice on how to fix this civics issue!

Thanks so much!

Hmm not sure why we got a civics screen in this mod - any ideas why roamty or stolenrays? Nevertheless go into the mod folder go to assets/python/screens and just delete the CvCivicsScreen file. This will make you have regular civ civics screen, not sure why we have the screen in there, assuming hteres a reason but if there isnt then this should solve problem

thanks for the support

You do not have Chickens. Chickens are the most common domestic animal, or bird of any type, in the world, with a population of 24 billion, 3 for every 1 person. Chickens should really be in this mod.

You do not have Chickens. Chickens are the most common domestic animal, or bird of any type, in the world, with a population of 24 billion, 3 for every 1 person. Chickens should really be in this mod.

Voyhkah here is the as close as I can get chickens in to the mod also added Turkey

Has the low graphics models for pumpkin, melon and squash been fixed?

Not sure if anyone has fix the low graphics for pumpkin, melon and squash Dancing Hoskuld

Thanks stolenrays for showing where to look for Resources

Poultry from the C2C Release mod

Now if someone will make a chicken Resource I will update the mod with it, for now using the breeding grounds poultry from the C2C Release mod art work.

Turkey by hangman
Credits goes to the maker of poultry not sure who made it.

I made a new dll for The Resource Mod this is needed if you want the icons and fonts to show up right all the changes are here just add them to the mod.

Thanks to the LargeGamefont mod by Archid that can be from here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=469096 I was able to fix The Resource Mod icons and fonts problems.

Also, it would be nice if this mod had a Fossils resource and an Artifacts resource, since it seems to have everything else.

Also, it would be nice if this mod had a Fossils resource and an Artifacts resource, since it seems to have everything else.

Using FfH Age of Ice feature Bones for the Resource Fossils
Using Simple Stones by woodelf for the Resource Artifacts

Now I set them up with camp but you can change them to what you like.

Wait, what are the constraints for making a bonus. Can you really just use a feature and it will work?

Wait, what are the constraints for making a bonus. Can you really just use a feature and it will work?

I really do not know what are the constraints for making a bonus. I just try and with luck some things just work out for me. Here a slave. African Worker (Medieval) by Chugginator I use for the slave Resource.

Wow! I can do that!?

I get a really weird error when I try and merge this mod with the Revolution Mod:

As you can clearly see, "bInquisitor" is used in the DTD/Schema, and this error has nothing to do with the mod. What's going on?

I have seen that sort of error happen when there are two different versions of the schema file in different folders with the same name. Check that the schema files in the folders under Modules are not called the same as the ones in the folders under XML, is all I can suggest.

Is there a modular one for Tea somewhere :D
I think that resource came with one of Warlords Chinese mod, but could not find it :D

Top Bottom