Guess the New Civs

There won't be Poland, I saw Warsaw as a City-State in the demo.

That's crazy, considering that there's going to be a medieval scenario and Poland-Lithuania was one of the biggest countries then. Especially since we're going to defend ourselves against Mongols and Ottomans, and Poland played crucial role in both. WTF, Firaxis? When I first heard about the Medieval scenario I was happy that there's finally going to be Poland, but now I'm just sad and pretty sure I won't buy the expansion.

Pangur Bán;11399780 said:
DLC though sort of encourages these. That's why, I guess, we have Denmark rather than Scandinavia now, cause you can sell the other two Scandinavian countries later on DLC.

Denmark-Norway, actually. And it seems to have more to do with them just wanting to use nations that were unified at some point instead of more generic cultural civilizations. ...Well, except for Polynesia.

gran colombia/latin america would be a really interesting surprise and would fill a nice spot in true start maps that has never been filled before, but the same can be said about indonesia/majapahit/whatever.
also, if we get kongo, i wouldn't really expect zulu down the line, though i guess i could be wrong.

all of that being said, i still kind of expect sumer. they invented the composite bow, which could explain why the unit was mentioned, even though it might be weird having two civilizations so close to each other with such similar units.

i've said it before, inuit would be really nice for a civilization that takes advantage of hexes that people usually avoid.

A surprise Steampunk addition: Gran Colombia. Always a possibility and could fit in too.

It's exactly setting is not clear, but I don't think the Steampunk scenario is going to reach South America or the Southern Hemisphere.

If I'm wrong, then I'd say that Brazil would fit better. "Gran Colombia" ceased to exist when it split up in three Republics in 1831. Brazil was an Empire until 1889; from 1831 onwards it was governed by Dom Pedro II, the kind of Emperor that could not be omitted in a Victorian Era scenario.

But if a South American civ is going to be added merely for the sake of South America (and currently that is a good reason), I don't think I can choose between Brazil and Gran Colombia. As I said before, leaving out a great leader such as Simón Bolívar while a certain Civ5 leader didn't even exist is so wrong...

Anyway, I'd be very happy to see any of these two getting in. Or even Argentina (Albeit not so much). Or Kongo, or Zulu, anything. Just... NOT Sweden, if you please.

That's crazy, considering that there's going to be a medieval scenario and Poland-Lithuania was one of the biggest countries then. Especially since we're going to defend ourselves against Mongols and Ottomans, and Poland played crucial role in both. WTF, Firaxis? When I first heard about the Medieval scenario I was happy that there's finally going to be Poland, but now I'm just sad and pretty sure I won't buy the expansion.

I am so sick of people moaning and threatning not to buy the expansion pack because a civ is not making into the game (btw, I'm Polish, and I couldn't care less if Poland is in or not, also, I am not gonna threaten and say I'm not buying the ep because Sioux or Khmer are not making into the EP! It's ridicolous, there's thousand of new features and imporovements and you aren't buying the civ because of the fact that POLAND isn't making in? Really?)

Besides, a lot of the civ include nations that don't have their counter parts (Take The Ancient Worlds Scenario, or the Polynesian scenario)

I am so sick of people moaning and threatning not to buy the expansion pack because a civ is not making into the game (btw, I'm Polish, and I couldn't care less if Poland is in or not, also, I am not gonna threaten and say I'm not buying the ep because Sioux or Khmer are not making into the EP! It's ridicolous, there's thousand of new features and imporovements and you aren't buying the civ because of the fact that POLAND isn't making in? Really?)

Besides, a lot of the civ include nations that don't have their counter parts (Take The Ancient Worlds Scenario, or the Polynesian scenario)

I'm under the same opinion. Nothing'd stop me from buying this expansion.

i'd probably treat an in-game poland the same way i'd treat an in-game canada: conquer and raze it every single game, just for the sake of conquering and razing it.

Where in Italy is this?

I suspect fervent obnoxiousness of Polish campaigns for the inclusion of their country is THE main reason they haven't gotten into any civ game. The late medieval / early modern state is certainly worthy of inclusion. Look at all those beautiful cathedral cities, those German-speaking Jewish communties destroyed by the Nazis, Copernicus et al ... all Poland in that era, though Poland then was a multi-ethnic German-speaking state with a Slavic Catholic heartland rather than the monolingual place of today.

i'd probably treat an in-game poland the same way i'd treat an in-game canada: conquer and raze it every single game, just for the sake of conquering and razing it.

I rarely mention being Half German as well (I am also half Kaqchikel), but I have to say I wouldn't mind Poland in game... but I probably would raze/conquer their cities too to be honest :lol:

Yeah, that's why they're not in. They were conquered by that point.

Pangur Bán;11400419 said:
Austria...
Seriously, the world is much bigger. Even in central/eastern Europe early modern Poland, medieval Hungary, 14th century Lithuania, the Bulgars, and some others, are far more important and interesting.

Agreed
If we stick to the same region, Hungary and/or Poland would have been a much better choice

Actually Hungary is an ever better fit for a medieval scenario
Mongols, Ottomans, clash of religions, etc...
I still cannot beleive Firaxis didn't choose to add them as a full civ

Top Bottom