[BtS]40 civs-allows colonies AND 34 civs

Sorry, but please allow me to be certain, I have to paste this into the BTS XML or into The Comosite mod XML? You said "your" XML, which I assume means my original BTS XML, but I would just like to be sure.

<Define>
<DefineName>GOVERNED_COLONY_MULTIPLYER</DefineName>
<fDefineFloatVal>0.667</fDefineFloatVal>
</Define>

Thanks again!

Whichever one matches where you put my dll. If you put my dll into the composite mod's folder then you need to paste it into the composite mod's xml.

Also, remember not to paste it at the very bottom. It has to be inside that final closing </Civ4Defines> line.

I just took a quick look at the Composite XL thread and I think that all he uses the dll for is for Solver's changes so you should have no problems using my dll instead. A quick note though: my mod requires a modification to the globaldefines.xml file which I have noted in the readme. You'll have to add
Code:
<Define>
<DefineName>GOVERNED_COLONY_MULTIPLYER</DefineName>
<fDefineFloatVal>0.667</fDefineFloatVal>
</Define>
to your globaldefines.xml if you want to combine it with the composite xl mod. If you don't the game will still work but a governed colony won't have any colony costs.

On the viking question I'm not really sure. I made sure that the game launched with the wbsave I posted here but I didn't look to see if the vikings were in the game.

Thanks bob, I'll fix that in the next release...

Lt. Bob, I'm completely new to mods and game properties (folders, files, etc). I've downloaded your mod to my BtS folder, but I haven't a clue what to do next. Can you please give step-by-step instructions for someone who has no experience at all in altering game files? The only thing that I've managed to do correctly is apply the 3.02 patch; which is as simple as downloading it. Thanks in advance

Lt. Bob, I'm completely new to mods and game properties (folders, files, etc). I've downloaded your mod to my BtS folder, but I haven't a clue what to do next. Can you please give step-by-step instructions for someone who has no experience at all in altering game files? The only thing that I've managed to do correctly is apply the 3.02 patch; which is as simple as downloading it. Thanks in advance

Sure, it's not too complicated.
1. If you don't already have it you'll need winrar in order to extract the files from the rar file I have them in. (winrar can be found at www.rarlab.com)
2. When you double click on my rar file it'll open up winrar and you'll see a single folder in the rar called 40civs. You'll want to drag that folder into your mods folder of beyond the sword. I don't have Civ in its default folder but it should be something like "C:\Program Files\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods"
Even if you haven't downloaded any other mods there should be a bunch of folders already here like "Broken Star", "Next War", etc.
3. Once you've dragged the folder over there you'll want to launch beyond the sword.
4. Once in the game hit advanced then "load a mod"
5. 40civs should be in your list of mods. Select it and hit ok at the far lower right.
The game will exit and reload with the mod's resources. Once it's back in the game it should say 40civs in the upper right corner and that means you're good to go. :)

If you need anymore help just let me know, I'll be more than happy to help.

Note: Once you've extracted the mod to the mods folder you can bypass the whole game loading twice step by specifying to launch the mod from the command line. Hit start->run then paste the following into the line to launch the mod directly (assuming the game is installed in the default location)

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="Mods\40civs"

I just applied the new patch, but I'm not going to start a new campaign until the new patch is compatable with this mod. Playing with less than 18 civs (or 18 civs and no colonies) just isn't the same. Does anyone have a guess as to when this mod might be 3.13 compatable? Thanks in advance

Patch 3.13 is out now (on Firaxis' website). Are there plans to update this excellent mod to the new version?

I mised the whole patch craze today as I was out of town on business, but I'm back now and have the new version roarin' to go. Grab it from the link here, or from the first post in this thread. Changes from the readme are listed below as well. Have fun with the new version!

V4.0 10-04-2007
A couple significant changes have been made to this version first and foremost being that this version is updated for v3.13. Because 3.13 fixed everything in Solver's patch those changes have now been removed.
The patch also changed the way that colony maintenance is handled so I have removed my governed colony changes. I did this to eliminate the need for my changes to the globaldefines.xml file and to try out the new system they have implemented. They have put a limit on colony chanrges based on distance from the capital and may have patched out the need for my method altogether. If that is not the case, rest assured I will put governedcolonies back in.
On a final note, they completely buggered up the way that colony leaders are chosen. To get this release out ASAP for 3.13 I only did a precursory check and change on the colony leader choosing methods. Based on my limited testing it seems to work but if you run into any trouble creating a colony with >= 32 civs let me know.
Source code is also missing for this round, I've been out of town all day and really need to go to sleep. Look for it in the next revision.

A recap:
Up to 40civs: IN
Colonies when >32 civs: IN
Fallout Changes: IN
Governed Colonies: OUT
Sourcecode: OUT

http://rapidshare.com/files/60370950/40CivsV40.rar.html

Thanks very much, Lt. Bob. I'm so glad that I can start a new campaign tonight with both the new patch and your mod. Thanks again

my 28civ world map doesn't work with this mod but it did with a different mod for 34civs (which of course is outdated now) ... any idea why? :confused:
it should work with every 18+civ mod shouldn't it?

excellent, great work. Downloading now!

Mef: The worldbuilder save will have to be modified to include slots for the additional players that are provide in my mod even if you don't use them. If you open the wbsave file with a text editor you'll notice that there is a section of BeginTeams which would end most likely with:
Code:
BeginTeam
	ContactWithTeam=27
	RevealMap=0
EndTeam
You would have to add these through 39 and you would have to also in the beginplayer section have to add sections that look like below through 39
Code:
BeginPlayer
	Team=17
	LeaderType=NONE
	CivType=NONE
	Color=NONE
	ArtStyle=NONE
	Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

Matte979/MrPopov: I put together a alternative version that includes Bhruic's changes. I'm reluctant to include his changes in my main compile line because: A. I don't think he has an official connection to Firaxis like Solver does and B. I haven't even playtested the original v3.13 patch in detail yet to know what if anything needs fixing. :) Anyway for you guys here's v4.0a which includes Bhruic's unofficial patch v1.012
http://rapidshare.com/files/60600773/40CivsV40a.rar.html

Bhruic might not have an official connection to Firaxis, but his bug-tracking and fixing skills can certainly make up for that. :)

His patch mainly fixes two annoying (and rather obvous) bugs in 3.13, I don't see a reason not to use it. Thanks for the quick update! :)

Mef: The worldbuilder save will have to be modified to include slots for the additional players that are provide in my mod even if you don't use them. If you open the wbsave file with a text editor you'll notice that there is a section of BeginTeams which would end most likely with:

no they end with 33 because the map was made for a 34civ mod ;)

thanks for your help :)

now there's a problem with two of my maps (a different one works..) : at the start of the game it's an instant defeat and you can see that no city is built even though citys are prebuilt in the editor...
and the only thing I changed are the additional empty slots...
any idea? :cry:
(sorry for asking for help in this thread :blush: :goodjob: )

Top Bottom