Mayan Mayhem: A Huge Deity Histographic

I didn't mention this before, but in 880 AD I accidently moved about 114 workers (both slaves and natives included) off the railroad track, so they didn't get any work done that turn. I've had over 600 native workers for a few turns now. I've had about 111 galleons, and 12 frigates or so since the start of the Byzantine war. I basically have cash-rushed all of these near the landing spot near the Greek/Babylonian island, near the Hittites, and near the Byzantinian island. Half or so my galleon stack near the Greek/Babylonian island started swinging around to the Russian island a few turns back and arrived just about on time... actually I sent a bunch and then a bit smaller of a bunch, as I realized I could send more and still have plenty to ship workers/settlers back and forth to the Greek/Babylonian island as desired. I've done some of this after the wards, mainly shipping units to the newly acquired territories, though mostly the workers that have developed the newly acquired territories got offloaded into the port cities during the wars and helped to build rails during the wars, and then went on to develop the territory otherwise.

The screenshots in from 850 AD in post 276 makes for a good example to indicate how I've done this. First I've had my workers move and build rails in spots where I can do so. Then I attacked a little, and perhaps built some more rails along the way. Now, I didn't want to lose those workers. So, in spots that could get attacked on the AI's turn, I've made sure to cover those workers with at least a 7/13 army, if not an 8/13 army or something even more powerful.

Now, I did NOT try to cover them with armies that have 4 movement points left. Those armies if fully healthy, or near fully healthy I generally used to attack cities. If not strong enough to attack a city, I'll try to have such an army heal in a city with barracks. The armies which I use to cover the workers consisted of armies which either attacked 4 times during that turn and ended their last attack on the spot covering the workers (see the armies with the red balls?). Or they consisted of some army that attacked at least once, hopefully 3 times, and then went and covered the workers along the rail network (see the armies with the yellow balls)? Of course, there has existed some situations where I've used armies with 4 movement left to cover workers, but I've tried to minimize that.

I've started getting less and less gpt coming in each turn with more and more structures going up. I haven't turned the luxury slider back on, as I've either had happy citizens or civil engineers for almost all my citizens for a while without it... so far. I haven't put temples in anywhere for a while. Some cities have managed to get to size 12 one way or another and still not get to starvation. So, those keeper cities the build order looks like it'll go aqueduct (where applicable)-harbor-hospital-marketplace-temple-courthouse-police station. Other keeper cities look like they'll go aqueduct-harbor-marketplace-hospital-temple-courthouse-police station. I'd slow down my growth if I built the temples earlier.

Citizens in keeper cities either help the city grow when happy, or become civil engineers (with an exception here and there). Temp cities (which have steady decreased in number) have either have had happy citizens or scientists. Keeper cities at size 12 with a marketplace already in place have used civil engineers, even though those citizens could have worked happily in the fields, so that I get those hospitals in. I've irrigated in keeper city sites, and mined in temporary city sites (so workers/settlers come out of those areas faster or to cheapen cash-rushing).

The plan for the prison cities goes to put up units outside the borders of the AI cities (so I won't lose war happiness), with no roads immediately adjacent to those spots (pillaging as necessary), so that I don't get attacked. The Byzantines and Russia have not learned Gunpowder (not that either of them had saltpeter in the first place).

I have forested and chopped here and there with mixed results as usual. In 880 AD (the turn my first hospital finished) I started planting some forests in the plains area of old Sumerian territory, so that global warming will not decrease my food. Some cities with wonders like the Colossus, Newton's University, Shakespeare's Theater etc. aren't in good spots and have gotten disbanded or will get disbanded. Thermopylae, home of Smith's Trading Company lies in a low food spot, although I've kept that city, because it's saving me a fair amount of good. I don't know if I'll keep it for the rest of the game, or not.

Although I've added in some workers into cities over the past few turns to kill off having to pay unit support, soon enough I don't think unit support will post a problem. Should I add native workers into my cities more, or non-Byzantinian/non-Hittite/non-Russian/non-Babylonian slaves?

900 AD-score up to 17,068. I raze Yekaterinburg, as well as Yakutsk. I manage to lose a frigate and a galleon to a caravel. I make peace with Russia. This cancels the war happiness I had coming from them, which I expected would happen. I needed to make peace with them so I could put their prison in a tundra area. I raise the luxury slider to 40%. I decided to upgrade 20 cannons to artillery proper, and disband the rest.

910 AD-score up to 17,404. I'm not sure I'll have all much more to update on this game. Basically all the AIs will get their prisons (I don't want to have them in nearby locations, even though it looks like this worked out well for Drazek... it didn't work for Moonsinger, as one AI eliminated the other), and I'll build infrastructure.

900 AD-score up to 17,068. I raze Yekaterinburg, as well as Yakutsk. I manage to lose a frigate and a galleon to a caravel. I make peace with Russia. This cancels the war happiness I had coming from them, which I expected would happen. I needed to make peace with them so I could put their prison in a tundra area. I raise the luxury slider to 40%. I decided to upgrade 20 cannons to artillery proper, and disband the rest.

910 AD-score up to 17,404. I'm not sure I'll have all much more to update on this game. Basically all the AIs will get their prisons (I don't want to have them in nearby locations, even though it looks like this worked out well for Drazek... it didn't work for Moonsinger, as one AI eliminated the other), and I'll build infrastructure.

Good luck, man.

No promises Naok. I do want to go at this game and finish it to a certain extent, and though I might play some other maps here sometime, I prefer to focus on this game first.

970 AD-Score up to 19,491. The trade embargo between the Byzantines and Babylon ends, and I can get Babylon to declare on me, so I do so.

1030 AD-21,712.

1040 AD-22,082. The Hittites and Russia signed a Mutual Protection Pact a few turns ago. I can now get the Hittites to declare war on me, and they do so. Upon capturing the Fur city of Sidon:

I get rid of their cities, except for their tundra cities.

Thanks Pacioli!

1050 AD-22,455. I learn Industrialization. The luxury slider dropped from 70% to 20% last turn.

1060 AD-22,827. I started a 6 turn run on The Corporation last turn with just scientists doing research.

1070 AD-23,199.

1080 AD-23,570. I can finally re-negotiate the peace treaty with the Byzantines. But, they have a trade embargo going on with Babylon. Happily, I stand at war with Babylon. So, I sign an alliance with the Byzantines for gpt against Babylon. And of course:

Top Bottom