PREVIEW THREAD: DraNES I - Civil War!

Setting:

The year? 1861. The event? The firing on Fort Sumter. The war? The Civil war! Prepare yourself..America shall be thrust into a war that may last a year, or maybe ten. All the world can sit and gape, or perhaps lend a hand to either the Union or the Confederacy. Shall the Confederates session stay true, or will the Union take them back? Will America be united under the Union or Confederate flag?

In Europe, nationalism is begining to take shape. Italy has successfully united except for Venetia and Rome, and Prussia is slowly preparing to unite Germany under it's flag as well. Other European countries continue their quest for for colonies across the globe.

In Asia, China is embroiled in a civil war of it's own. But it is slowly coming to an end. Can the Taipings usurp the Qing empire, or will they be defeated? Japan is also stagnant, the ancient ways of the Samurai becoming more out-dated as the years pass. Will Asia modernize or will it become a beacon for European colonialism.

It's time for NES - Civil War style!

For your usage, each nation has a national background.

Introduction:

This is my first NES I hope to get out of preview stage.. I plan to use Das NES2 IV rules, with some changes and simplifications to fit the period and make this more easy to mod for me. Read the rules please..

TEMPLATE
Nation Name
Capital:
Ruler:
Government:
Political State:
Tech. Level (Age):
Army:
Navy:
Colonies: (Political State)
Industry:
Economy:
Education:
Culture:
Confidence:
Projects:
Nation Background:

NO POSTING YET OR YOU FACE MY WRATH.

Reserved Nations(must be claimed before the actual thread is set up, or they will be free to take):

Kalthazar - France *CONFIRMED*
Andis-1 - Austria *CONFIRMED*
Concona - Russia *CONFIRMED*
Sette7 - Italy *CONFIRMED*
Dachspmg - Prussia *CONFIRMED*
Dreadnought - Britain *CONFIRMED*
Fatasmo - Confederate States *CONFIRMED*
Cleric - United States *CONFIRMED*
Silver - Sweden *CONFIRMED*
Das - Spain *CONFIRMED*
TerrisH - Qing China *CONFIRMED*
Bacon King - Brazil *CONFIRMED*

Players, stories, orders, countries, NPCs, updates, map.

Players - no limit. Anybody can join unless he can't.

Stories - not necessary, but very encouraged. Good story-writers would get bonuses based on their stories. In the immortal words of stalin006, “storywriters get random events!”. Or something like that.

Orders - orders in a list. Please, not only stat-based and military orders - I encourage innovative solutions of various problems, like attaching AT mines to dogs, removing swamps and rainforests in massive programs, making government reforms and many other such. There will also be projects - the local analogs of wonders, but more about that later. Please note that what I need is PRECISE orders. VERY IMPORTANT: I need to know, in military orders, the location and missions of ALL of your forces. Those forces you do not mention will be considered undeployed and will not do anything no matter what. Also, you should be sure to remember to say the numbers, because if you don’t, I will determine it randomly. MUWHAHA!

Countries - pick a NPC, create your own (tell me where and tell me some details - ruler, brief history, culture - and I will give you the stats) or start a rebellion or demand for independence. Note that these are not bound to succeed. If your country is in dire straits, you can switch country or flee and establish a “government in exile” and lead the resistance movement. Also, please read your nation background, and don’t act uncharacteristically for it.

If two or more players claim one nation and all of them really want it, they are encouraged to start a civil war and try to outrule the other player’s ruler.

NPCs - lol, considering they’re NPC, I will play them, kinda. Same as the NPCs in all other NESes of late - but don’t expect them to roll over just because they’re NPC. As I’m the one playing them - fear them (almost) as much as PCs!

Updates - Every friday or saturday.
Turns - instead of a year a turn, it will two turns a year. Basically it will be (Year) I, and Year II, spliting the turns into six-month intervals.

Overall, as this is a historical based NES(although things may change!) certain "events" will happen from time to time, as they happened in actual history. It may be the appointment of an important offical(Otto anyone?) or anything else! However, if something interferes with the event(aka Otto von Bismark dying before he gets appointed), then the event will not happen.

Map - I will use Plexus's map with rivers. Black circles are cities, black squares fortifications, and white squares represent naval blockades. Areas of rebellion are white.

Government

Government - is your form of government. Now note that I DON’T want the “Sheep2’s Oceania” syndrome in this NES. Or Sheep2's Russia, for that matter. You are free to change your government, and explain it how ever do you want, but that can piss off followers of the previous governments, and might lead to nation-wide riots. Or a civil war, depending on what mood I am in. In other words - change governments at your own risk. Oh yes, all democratic governments will have their orders reviewed by me(the senate, parliament, whatever) they can choose to not follow through with some orders. You can ignore them, although it may cause rioting or even civil war.

Political State

How..stable your nation is. The higher, the less likely your nation will be plunging into civil war in times when it cannot be tolerated. The Politcal state of your nation(not to mention colonies) the political state can be raised by investing capital(eco points) into the region. FOUR eco points equals one level.

Political States:

Open Rebellion - Civil Unrest - Unstable - Stable - VERY Stable
---

Technology Level

Will use the age system. It is the same as in other NESes of other people, ofcourse the ages are not identical. This begins in the Early Industrial Age. Once someone reaches Enlightenment education, he becomes able to randomly to get the next age at any following turn. When he does, he loses two education levels. However, note that there has to be a decade - AT LEAST - of distance between age growth.

Middle Industrial Age: Breech loading rifles, breech loading artillery, early steam trains, early ironclads, etc etc.
Late Industrial Age:trenches, cavalry, ironclads, early machine guns, early automatic rifles, arctic explorers, ect.
Early Modern Age: Machine Guns, Mustard Gas, Dreadnaughts, Early Airplanes, ect ect.

---

Military

That will, as of now, consist of army and navy. These will be number-based as it gives more versatility. These will be represented in divisions, ships and air wings respectively. What will you have in it? Anything that is allowed by your tech. level! Infantry, cavalry, artillery, engineers - you name it. Each “stat-growth” will increase any part of military by 5.

Using advanced tactics and strategy is advised. If you just order “attack enemy on the border with 10 divisions”, I will think that you order me to launch a mere charge at the enemy. That might work, but rarely. Also note, that you should always say HOW MANY TROOPS are WHERE and doing WHAT. I can accept orders about "the army doing the same as before" or "the rest of the military - same as last turn", but better to just explain in detail the slightly above.

Note that you should ALWAYS remember about logistics. They may not be in the stats, but fighting in territory with poor infrastructure (you can ask me about those, but mostly common wisdom is enough) will be hazardous to your troops, as will fighting without an adequate supply line. Also, a larger force is harder to supply properly then a smaller one, and it is also harder to deploy in time and to coordinate, so in most cases, a smaller, but better-trianed force can be much more efficient then a larger one.

Mercenaries - if you pay an economy level, you will get 10 divisions of well-trained fighting men. They will be separated from your own battalions in the stats, and will leave after two turns, unless you pay them another economy level. Yes, they are expensive, but they are quite worth the price. Btw, you can also hire “mercenary” ships that can also act as privateers. However, though the Black Armies are still allowed, they are much harder to keep secret.

Conscripts - you can conscript your population, 30 conscript divisions per turn. Note that they will fight poorly, though, and after you have over 30 conscripts, new ones are likely to damage your industry somewhat.

UUs - one per nation, but can be changed at any point (though the newly-“demoted” UU units will not be happy). I will keep a list of them, somewhere. Could be land, sea, or air. They will be separated from other divisions/ships in the stats. They are grown as normal units. Remember to keep them REALISTIC.

Training - it is done in levels. There are separate training stats for army, navy and fleet, and it is grown with eco. points. UU is assumed to be one level higher then the average training level for its branch, conscripts - one level lower. If your army grows too quickly, there will be a chance of training level lowering.

None - Rabble - Semi-Rabble - Tolerable - Normal - Better - Good - Very Good - Professional - Elite

CAUTION: The mod still is obsessed with the concept of crack teams of polar bears raiding other people’s supply lines and unprotected flanks in tiny Faster-Then-Light helicopters. So if your troops failed to advance despite not encountering sufficient resistance, ignored a cease-fire, didn’t arrive to where they were supposed to be at all or suffered unreasonable casualties, know that you fell a victim of these fellows.

---

Colonies

This is just a basic stat-item to show you the colonies you own, not to mention what sort of political state they are(stable, open rebellion) in. The colony stat differs - in this games term, a "colony" is anything not located in the region you own. So Ireland, while being seperated from England by sea would not be considered a colony, but Canada would be as it is in America.

Colonies in Civil Unrest and Open Rebellion will be prone to a varity of things. Colonies in areas known for a militaristic people may attempt to over-throw your loyal garrisons, butcher your people, and declare independance of your state, but colonies in more pacificed regions may just boycott your goods and refuse to trade with you.

Your best bet to keep the political state high is to invest lots of capital into the region(building roads, rail-roads, telegraph lines, ect) or ship lots of people from the "home country" to create a large presence of loyal settlers who will overshadow rebellious subjects.

Economy and Industry

I'm going for a major re-vision here. Economy is your overall economy, basically the money that your nation makes. But money isn't everything - the industry is your industrial powerbase. Economy is done in world-levels, industry in numbers. There are eco. (economy) and ind. (industry) points. Eco. points are determined by the eco. level and can be used to grow miscelannous stats (i.e. culture, education, confidence) or industry (two eco. points = one ind. point). Ind. points can be used to grow military stats and economy (six ind. points = one eco. level). Please not that you don't SPEND eco. or ind. points, they are replenished at the beginning of each turn. You can't trade ind. points, but it is easy to lose them as you lose industrial regions (ask me what your industrial regions are, or rely on common wisdom) - you can, however, trade eco. points and eco. levels all you want, BUT major eco. growth in little time might often be too much for your economic system to handle. Note that there is no limit for industrial growth, while after Monopoly eco. growth can go on as well - in that case, it will go to Monopoly+# (+5+#). But, the higher your economy is, the more there is corruption... You can sacrifice eco. levels (two per turn maximum) to get 6 eco. points for each, or you could sacrifice eco. to speed up a project. You can't grow one stat more then twice per turn, not counting the military where for each branch the limit is four times, not counting conscription and volunteers.

ALWAYS specify whether you mean eco. points or levels in your orders. "Eco" I assume to be eco. levels unless there is specification.

Eco. levels can also be grown by using some very innovative ideas or by gaining a lot of new USEFUL territory.

Eco. levels:

Depression (-2)-Bankrupt (-1)-Recession (-1)-Very Poor (0)-Poor (0)-Normal (+1)-Good Enough (+2)-Rich (+2)-Very Rich (+3)-Richest (+3)-Economic Powerhouse (+4)-Monopoly (+5)

---
All items that require eco to be raised require FOUR eco points.

Education

This is just how your people are... educated, I guess. Obvious enough. With a good education, you have better chances of receiving a “miraculous invention”. It also affects just how advanced are your weapons, and thus the success of your army in a battlefield.

Once someone reaches Enlightenment education, he becomes able to randomly to get the next age at any following turn. When he does, he loses two education levels. However, note that there has to be a decade - AT LEAST - of distance between age growth.

None-Dumb-Illiterate-Tolerable-Literate-Educated-Well Educated-Academic-Enlightenment

Culture

This is how culturally strong, patriotic and unified your nation is. A nation with a strong culture is less likely to fall into a civil war, and it’s people would resist most invaders and otherwise help their government. This also influences army morale. A weak culture is unlikely to be as resistant to outside threats, there are often rebellions and defections. The higher your culture is, the higher are the chances of assimilating less militant minorities.

None-Divided-Untrusting-Average-Strongly Cultured-Patriotic-Hyperpatriotic-Jingoist-Uberpatriotic

Confidence

People can be fiercely unified and patriotic, but they will not necessarily like their ruler - in fact, a strongly cultured nation with little confidence in its leaders can, in its cultural unity, lynch the rulers and fire their remains from cannons. Into the huge pot filled with boiled sharks. Not that the rulers will care by then... You can grow confidence by economy (propaganda), but wouldn’t it be easier to write a speech or persuade the people that you are the leader they need?

Lynching-Hateful-Resentful-Barely Tolerating-Tolerating-Respecting-Admiring-Loving-Nation Personified

Projects

Local equivalent of wonders (that name is inappropriate in most NESes, as these are often modernization programs, national revival and other PROJECTS, not just huge and magnificent buildings). You tell me what it does, I tell you how long do you build it and how many ind. points have to be invested for full speed (project time will increase if you decide to give only a part of the required sum). You don’t have to mention it is being worked on every turn. You can sacrifice an econ. level once for a project to speed it up by two turns (but now you can do that as often as you want, but not more then once per turn).

A project takes # of stat growths+2 turns and ind. points, BUT in Economic Powerhouse you only get #+1 and in Monopoly and beyond mere #. You can have only one project at the same time.

Fortified Lines

It usually takes several ind. points to build fortified lines, depending on terrain and lenght, and the intended strenght level. Again, just ask me for the info.

New! - Blockades
An enemy of yours getting rich off outside trade? Then impose a blockade! You can place your ships in vital areas where sea trade comes in, and cripple your foes economy. However, blockades do take your ships up, ships which could be used for sinking enemy vessals. If a port is blockaded for too long, then the nation owning the port riskes the chance of losing eco LEVELS. This makes it important to have an adequate navy as well as an army.

Complaining to the Mod

If you have complaints to the mod, jump out of the window of a nine-floor building, and die.

Other then that, of course, you can complain to the mod about his mistakes. The mod will listen. Whether or not he will do something about it is unknown even to me.

Nation Background

Some may think I stole this from EQ, (And i stole this from das) but I got that an idea once, long, long ago. I know noone is likely to believe that, lol...

To better fit in as the ruler of your country, you will have a brief history of each country. It will change as the NES goes, TIME TO TIME - after the end of a major era, such as the beginning/end of a world war, rise/fall of an empire, and other such.

You can always ask questions about your nation’s past and present. Please, do role-play and remain IC.

The United States of America
Capital: Washington D.C.
Ruler: President Abraham Lincoln/
Government: Republic
Political State: Stable
Tech. Level (Age): Mid Industrial Age
Army: 12 Infantry Divisions (Better)
7 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
7 Artillary Divisions (Better)
Navy: 15 Ships (Good)
Industry: 8
Economy: Rich (+2)
Colonies: None
Education: Well Educated
Culture: Patriotic
Confidence: Loving
Projects:
Nation Background: The United States - the bastion of Democracy has entered a civil war against it's rebellious states of the south. Can the south be tamed and forced back under the Union flag, or will the United States fall prey to much larger foes?

The Confederate States of America
Capital: Richmond
Ruler: President Jefferson Davis/
Government: Democratic Confederation
Army: 6 Infantry Divisions (Very Good)
3 Cavalry Divisions (Good)
1 Artillary Division (Better)
Navy: 6 Ships (Tolerable)
Industry: 2
Culture: Hyper-Patriotic
Confidence: Jingoist
Projects:
Nation Background: The "states in rebellion", the Confederacy is a patch-work of southern states hoping to keep slavery in place, and keep the states rights in tact. Can the Confederacy secure this, or will they be whiped from the slate by the Union?

Republic of Mexico
Capital: Mexico City
Ruler: ?/
Army: 5 Infantry Divisions (Tolerable)
1 Cavalry Division (Normal)
2 Artillary Divisions (Tolerable)
Navy: 5 Ships (Normal)
Industry: 4
Economy: Normal (+1)
Education: Educated
Culture: Strongly Cultured
Confidence: Respecting
Projects:
Nation Background: Independant from Spain for nearly 40 years, Mexico is advancing in a great nation. Still, it's military is not it's greatest, and a colonial power - if wanted could sieze Mexico, although it would not be easy.

Central American Republic
Capital: San Salvador
Political State: Unstable
Army: 3 Infantry Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
1 Artillary Division (Rabble)
Navy: 2 Ships (Poor)
Economy: Poor (0)
Education: Literate
Culture: Cultured
Confidence: Tolerating
Projects:
Nation Background: A mix-match of Central American states, the CAR is the poor man of America. It's army is weak, it's people rebellious, and it's economy in shambles. Will the gem of central America ever heal?

Republic of Gran Columbia
Capital: Bagota
Army: 3 Infantry Divisions (Normal)
2 Cavalry Divisions (Rabble)
3 Artillary Divisions (Normal)
Navy: 4 Ships (Semi-Rabble)
Culture: Divided
Confidence: Barely Tolerating
Projects:
Nation Background: Gran Columbia is much like the CAR. Facations fight to tear it apart, but only slightly does it hang on. Can Gran Columbia fix it's self and stop the destruction of such a grand south American republic?

Empire of Brazil
Capital: Rio De Janeiro
Ruler: Emperor Pedro II/
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Army: 8 Infantry Divisions (Good)
5 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
6 Artillary Divisions (Normal)
Navy: 7 Ships (Normal)
Industry: 6
Projects:
Nation Background: Brazil is a mighty South American empire, ready to flex it's muscles. It is the last nation in America besides the Confederacy and the Union to allow slavery. Perhaps Brazil will play a role in the war ahead?

Peru-Bolivian Confederation
Capital: Lima
Government: Democratic Confederation
Army: 5 Infantry Divisions (Normal)
2 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
3 Artillary Divisions (Rabble)
Navy: 4 Ships (Rabble)
Industry: 3
Culture: Average
Projects:
Nation Background: A poorly united Confederation of Peru and Bolivia is not well liked in South America. Can the two states stay united, or will they be forced apart by the vultures of Brazil and Argentina?

Republic of Chile
Capital: Santiago
Political State:
Army: 4 Infantry Divisions (Normal)
4 Cavalry Divisions (Rabble)
Navy: 3 Ships (Semi-Rabble)
Projects:
Nation Background: A south American republic going down to the far south of South America is a well off and completely able to reach for what they want to do.

Republic of Argentina
Capital: Buenos Aires
2 Artillary Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
Economy: Good Enough (+2)
Projects:
Nation Background: Argentina is a rapidly expanding nation. To the south it has bountiful land perfect for settlers, and in the north it's cities are booming and rapidly industrialising. Can Argentina find glory?

Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Capital: London
Ruler: Queen Victoria/
Army: 5 Infantry Divisions (Good)
15 Colonial Divisions (3 in Canada, 1 in Jamaica, 1 in British Guyana, 5 in India, 3 in Signapore, 1 in Hongkong, 1 in Cape Town; Very Good)
6 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
8 Artillary Divisons (Normal)
Navy: 25 Ships (Very Good)
Colonies: Canada(Stable), Jamaica(Unstable), British Guyana(Unstable), India(Stable), Signapore(Stable), Hong Kong(Unstable),
Cape Town(Stable)
Industry: 10
Economy: Very Rich (+3)
Projects:
Nation Background: The British empire spans from sea to sea, from the meager carribean in America, to India in Asia. It is experiancing a golden age under the rule of Queen Victoria, and has nothing but good times ahead. Will Britain continue to rule the waves?

Empire of France
Capital: Paris
Ruler: Emperor Napoleon III/
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Army: 7 Infantry Division (Very Good)
9 Colonial Divisons (1 in Haiti, 2 in French Guyana, 3 in French North Africa, 3 in Vietnam; Normal)
5 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
6 Artillary Divisions (Good)
Colonies: Haiti(Unstable), French Guyana(Unstable), French North Africa(Stable), Vietnam(Unstable)
Navy: 10 Ships (Normal)
Industry: 8
Projects:
Nation Background: The second emperor has arrived! In pomp and refinery, the monarchy is once more restored to France. France's colonial empire is not as great as Britain, but nothing can stop it from being so. Will France rise to victory under L'Empereur?

Kingdom of Italy
Capital: Turin
Ruler: King Victor/
Army: 4 Infantry Divisions (Good)
4 Cavalry Divisions (Good)
2 Artillary Divisions (Normal)
Navy: 5 Ships (Rabble)
Culture: Untrusting
Projects:
Nation Background: Recently united, Italy faces two problems. It lacks Rome as is it's center, and Venetia is still in Austrian hands. Perhaps a few wars will be needed to complete unfication...

Kingdom of Spain
Capital: Madrid
Political State: Civil Unrest
6 Colonial Divisions (1 in Cuba, 1 in Philippines, 1 in Spanish Morroco, 1 in Dominica, 1 in Puerto Rico, 1 in Spanish Africa; Rabble)
3 Cavalry Divisons (Normal)
2 Artillary Divisions (Rabble)
Navy: 7 Ships (Rabble)
Colonies: Cuba(Civil Unrest), Philippines(Civil Unrest), Spanish Morroco(Unstable), Dominica(Civil Unrest), Puerto Rico(Stable),
Spanish Africa(Unstable)
Confidence: Lynching
Projects:
Nation Background: Spain, once king of the world is no more. Spain is a sick sick man, with open rebellion just a trek away. Can Spain rise to glory once more?

Kingdom of Portugal
Capital: Lisbon
7 Colonial Divisions (2 in Angola, 3 in Mozambique, 1 in Macao, 1 in Timor; Semi-Rabble)
1 Artillary Division (Semi-Rabble)
Navy: 5 Ships (Good)
Colonies: Angola(Stable), Mozambique(Unstable), Macao(Unstable), Timor(Civil Unrest)
Culture: Cultured
Projects:
Nation Background: Portugal is a rapidly industrializing country. Although it lacks it's Brazillian colony it lost nearly 40 years ago, it still has two large colonies in Africa, and a few in Asia. Will Portugal enter a new golden age?

Swiss Federation
Capital: Bern
Government: Democratic Federation
Political State: VERY Stable
Army: 2 Infantry Divisions (Elite)
1 Artillary Division (Normal)
Navy: N/A
Projects:
Nation Background: Switzerland, a country whose neutriality has been confirmed since the Congress of Vienna is a bustling land, with a great economy and banking system. Perhaps Switzerland will become the banker of Europe?

The Papal States
Capital: Rome
Government: Theocracy
Army: 2 Infantry Divisions (Good)
Industry: 1
Projects:
Nation Background: The Papal states is one of the few states standing in the way of Italian unification. Will it be swept away like the rest of Italy has?

Kingdom of Belgium
Capital: Brussels
1 Artillary Division (Good)
Navy: 4 Ships (Normal)
Projects:
Nation Background: Belgium, independant from the Netherlands since the 1830s has rapidly modernized. It's large coal desposits has also made it rich, for huge need of such material for trains which bustle through Europe constantly. With such funds, perhaps Belgium will seek a colonial empire?

Kingdom of Netherlands
Capital: Amsterdam
Ruler: King William/
Army: 3 Infantry Divisions (1 in Luxemborg, Better)
4 Colonial Divisions (2 in Indonesia, 1 in Surinam, 1 in Aruba; Normal)
1 Artillary Division (Normal)
Navy: 6 Ships (Better)
Colonies: Indonesia(Stable), Surinam(Unstable), Aruba(Stable)
Projects:
Nation Background: The Netherlands like it's southern neighbor has fared well in the past years, modernizing and becoming a bustling power in Europe. With such money, perhaps the Dutch should make their few colonies more prosperous, or expand into Africa..

Kingdom of Sweden
Capital: Stockholm
Army: 4 Infantry Divisions (Better)
3 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
2 Artillary Divisions (Better)
Projects:
Nation Background: Sweden is a powerful neighbor in Northern Europe, with Norway as it's vessal. Can Sweden continue it's prosperity, and perhaps even regain old lands lost?

Kingdom of Denmark
Capital: Copenhagen
Poilitical State: Unstable
Army: 2 Infantry Divisions (Normal)
2 Colonial Divisions (1 in Iceland, 1 in Greenland; Normal)
1 Artillary Division (Better)
Navy: 2 Ships (Normal)
Colonies: Iceland(Stable), Greenland(Stable)
Culture: Admiring
Projects:
Nation Background: Denmark has had better times. It's economy is shruken, the military battered from putting down rebellion in Schleswig and Holstein. Will Denmark recover, or continue down a path of ruin?

Kingdom of Prussia
Capital: Berlin
Ruler: King Wilhelm/
Army: 8 Infantry Division (Professional)
2 Cavalry Division (Good)
3 Artillary Division (Good)
Navy: 4 Ships (Normal)
Projects:
Nation Background: Prussia is a militaristic power, with a military iching to expand. There are many regions ripe for the picking. Bavaria who sides with Austria, Schleswig and Holstein, revolting under the Danish yoke, the German states of Wuttemburg, Oldenburg, and Saxony, and Aslace-Lorraine, which once belonged to the father-land.

Bavaria
Capital: Munich
Government: Principality
Army: 3 Infantry Divisions (Tolerable)
1 Artillary Division (Tolerable)
Projects:
Nation Background: A small, German state.

Kingdom of Wuttemburg
Capital: Stuggart
Army: 2 Infantry Divisions (Tolerable)
Projects:

Oldenburg
Capital: Bremen
Projects:

Kingdom of Saxony
Capital: Dresden
Army: 2 Infantry Divisions (Normal)
2 Artillary Divisions (Tolerable)
Projects:

Empire of Austria
Capital: Vienna
Ruler: Emperor Franz Josef/
Army: 10 Infantry Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
4 Cavalry Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
4 Artillary Divisions (Rabble)
Confidence: Resentful
Projects:
Nation Background: Austria, a multi-national empire is the beast of central Europe. Clamorings of nationalities, Slavic, Magyar, Czech, Italian and more threaten to break Austria down. Can Austria retain power over it's domains, and expand at the costs of the Ottoman Turks?

Ottoman Turkey
Capital: Constantiople (Istanbul)
Army: 7 Infantry Divisions (Tolerable)
3 Cavalry Divisions (Tolerable)
3 Artillary Divisions (Rabble)
Navy: 6 Ships (Rabble)
Education: Illiterate
Projects:
Nation Background: The Sublime Porte, heir to the Byzantine empire is a sick man. It's Balkan regions flare up constantly, and the Hejaz of Arabia, as well as Egypt and Tunsia have proven that they are not loyal to the Sultan. Will Turkey reform it's ways, or be crushed by nationalism?

Kingdom of Greece
Capital: Athens
3 Cavalry Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
4 Artillary Divisions (Tolerable)
Projects:
Nation Background: Greece, a former province of Turkey is free from the Ottoman yoke. It is rapidly becoming a modern European nation, although the Greeks do want more land from the Ottomans, namely Crete and Macedonia.

Empire of Russia
Capital: St. Petersburg
Ruler: Tsar Alexander II
Army: 10 Infantry Divisions (Tolerable)
3 Colonial Infantry (3 in Alaska; Semi-Rabble)
6 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
4 Artillary Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
Navy: 6 Ships (Semi-Rabble)
Colonies: Alaska(Stable)
Projects:
Nation Background: Great mother Russia, heir to the Golden Horde is currently healing from her wounds of the Crimean war, and may soon to be ready to take another stab at the Turks for more land.

Shahdom of Persia
Capital: Tehran
Government: Shahdom
Tech. Level (Age): Early Industrial Age
Army: 3 Infantry Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
4 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
Projects:
Nation Background: Back-water and weak, Persia is in desperate need of modernization, unless she is taken off the map by Britain or even Russia.

Nations Continued:

Qing China
Capital: Beijing
Government: Divine Monarchy
Army: 12 Infantry Divisions (Normal)
8 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
10 Artillary Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
Navy: 8 Ships (Semi-Rabble)
Industry: 5
Economy: Good Enough (+2)
Projects:
Nation Background: The Middle Kingdom has been unprepared. It faced defeat by the hands of the British, and the southern provinces have risen up in revolt. The revolt has been calmed and much land regained, but the Taipings still have enough land to muster resistance. Can the Qings modernize and defeat the Taiping, or will the rebellion spread?

Kingdom of Heavenly Peace (Taiping China)
Capital: Nanjing
Government: Divine Monarchy
Army: 7 Infantry Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
6 Cavalry Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
Projects:
Nation Background: The rebellious southern provinces of China are growing weary. As years pass, more land is lost to the Qings. Can the Taipings muster another blow to negoitiate peace, or will they be reintroduced into the Chinese Empire?

Siam
Capital: Bangkok
Army: 2 Infantry Divisions (Semi-Rabble)
Projects:
Nation Background: Siam, a nation blocking British India from French Indochina is nothing but a mere buffer. If it industrialized however, it could prove to be a formidable foe..

Nippon (Japan)
Capital: Tokyo
Government: Shogunate
Army: 4 Infantry Divisions (Tolerable)
3 Cavalry Divisions (Tolerable)
Navy: N/A *
Industry: Normal (+1)
Economy: Illiterate
Education: Average
Culture: Tolerating
Confidence:
Projects:
Nation Background: The Grand Tokugawa Shogunate is crumbling. Can Nippon modernize and shake off it's ill-state, or will it become a play thing for European colonialism?
*Japan, atleast while in a Shogunate Government CANNOT built a navy. Bans on large ships have been the norm in Japan for centuries, and the Shogun does not see why he should change that.

Okay, you can like post now. :3

Here's the map..and both of those sadly taken, unless their respective people don't want them.

I like the abnormally large Confederacy...

Confirming the Confederate States of America!

Lol, I've got the Confederacy fixed. They no longer stick up into Navada and Utah. The new map will be up with the actual NES topic.

Russia comfirmed

Kingdom of Spain
Capital: Madrid
Ruler: Queen Isbella II/das
6 Colonial Divisions (1 in Cuba, 1 in Philippines, 1 in Spanish Morroco, 1 in Dominica, 1 in Puerto Rico, 1 in Spanish Africa; Rabble)
3 Cavalry Divisons (Normal)
2 Artillary Divisions (Rabble)
Navy: 7 Ships (Rabble)
Colonies: Cuba(Civil Unrest), Philippines(Civil Unrest), Spanish Morroco(Unstable), Dominica(Civil Unrest), Puerto Rico(Stable),
Spanish Africa(Unstable)
Confidence: Lynching
Projects:
Nation Background: Spain, once king of the world is no more. Spain is a sick sick man, with open rebellion just a trek away. Can Spain rise to glory once more?

Hispanska ne sgniela (feel free to correct me, Kamilian. Not sure why the hell did I post that in Polish...)!

IMHO the name should be different. Civil War only happened in two major countries at the time, IMHO the "Age of Steam" or something like that would be better.

As for the map... West Africa needs some fixing - there were coastal French and British outposts that became the bases for future colonization. Also, France sholdn't have lands east of the Rhine.

Kingdom of Sweden
Capital: Stockholm
Army: 4 Infantry Divisions (Better)
3 Cavalry Divisions (Normal)
2 Artillary Divisions (Better)
Projects:
Nation Background: Sweden is a powerful neighbor in Northern Europe, with Norway as it's vessal. Can Sweden continue it's prosperity, and perhaps even regain old lands lost?

Unjited states confirming!

Official announcement to all Russian citizens

Hereby I declare that all Russians have the right to posses a piece of land and I will implent notably the abolition of serfdom. The current landholders will be compensated and all Russians will have a free landpiece.

The second important refomation will be the decleration of nationality, from this day on every minority has got the option to be stated in the registers as a Russian citizen and so have all the rights as all of the other Russians.

I as Tsar of all Russia will improve the situation of all the Russians in our great nation.

Emperor of all Russia
Alexander Nikolaevich Romanov

Top Bottom