Ruff02 - Concurrent Succession Game

Mutineer said:
Or, about presentation of results. Some of as (point on himself) are not Native English speakers, we might have some problem be competitive in that area.
Or don't have the time due to work and kids to put together a better or fuller report.

The report doesn't have to be pretty or elegant. Just explain what you are doing, why and the present situation so people can get an idea without the save.

Post Wed or when all other players are ready

Hi everybody,

I'm been lurking :mischief: the SG forum for a while now, and if you're OK, I would like to join you in this SG...

It will be my first SG and my first Monarch, but whith this variant I don't think it makes a difference...

So let me know...

PS: I have to apologize for all the mistakes I have done and I will done, as I am not a native english speaker...

RadioPill - you are in. Are you up to playing in the current round or do you want to wait until next week?

I would probabbly not have time to do posting reports from my home computer on weekdays, so I post today, but in spoilers tag.
or, and do not look at pictures. :)

Spoiler :

I did not keep detail turn by turn log, but I did take notes of most inportant decisions.

After some deliberation I decided to go with agressive second town placement and early war strategy.
After some additional thinking I decided not to whipe any population and finish setles natyrally with a help of a chop.
My resoning was, Mongols just places there second town and a few turns would not make any difference.

Tech wize for war we needed:
Well (finishing in 1 turn), Pottery (for granary), fishing (for fis boat), Animal husbetry, Priesthood (For temple)+1 more happiness
So, I let barak finish naturally and setler to continue to build naturally and finish execly chop.
Setler run and settle bombey near copper on sugested spot.

From moment of settling Bombey our income become negative to -2GP.
From this moment I used follow trick:
Set sci rate to 0 for a few turns. This way I am getting max income and avoiding rounding errors.
At the same time even if you sci rate 0 you resieve 1 beaker/turn. Then tax rate switched back to 100%.
In save you will notice we have positive ballance of 22 gp, that where they come from.
I believe it is good idea to do early on when this 1-2 gp/turn rounding erros can have big inpact.
Late in game I do not bother with that, as one need to run all 3 slider and rounding errors become negligible.

Bombey set prodction to obelisk with idea to get some culture befor mongols to figth for mine.

Our worker start to farm Corn and after that did run to start to mine cooper.
When running worker I use follow trick to start to prepare the road between deli and bombey to build faster.
Worker run untill he use 2 movement point (Indian worker has 3 movement points) and then I give him command to build road and cancel this command stright away.
This way worker not only run to it destination, but still use this turns to build road.

At some point Bombey grow to size 2( he was working Floodplains) and or upkeep increased to -4gp/turn.
It seems because of rounding one more population in second town have this effect on upkeep.
There are no point to defelop Bombey, so I whiped it to finish Obelisk. Upkeep back to -2 gp.
And there I Stuff thinks a bit. I got distructed and switched it to barrack befor turn pass, putting whiped obelisk into stack. :(
I hope that would not effect as mach. I did not notice untill after barrack finished I got message Obelisk finished next turn.
When Mine finished I put population to work mine. Karokorum border expand and Bombey can not work floodplan any longer.

After that I produced 3 warriors and grow Deli to size 4 in mean time.
2 of this warrior went to defend Bombey in case of Mongols decided to send stack of doom of 4 archers of so, one settle in capital.
Production were switched to worker. I need second worker to speedup road and connect deli with Bombey.
In addition we had some other tiles to improve.
Worker finished and start to road to bombey and after first worker finish mining he start to connect this mine and road to Deli.
Production were switched to granary and next tunr is was whiped.
At that time I had not thing to build untill fishing finish so I think I put couple turns into stonehage (we will get money refund).
When fishing finished I produced a fish boat.

At the same time road were finished and cooped begin to be avalible in capital.
So, I start whipping axes. Secret to that is to do 2 population whipes, which let one to produce 2 axes every 3 turns.
Axe cost 35 hammers. Whiping 1 pop give 30 hammers. Whipping thinks the same turn as starting carry penalty, so you should not do that.
So turn one, produce 4 hammers to Axe (manipulate working ties not to produce any more).
Turn 2, do double whipe, giving you additional 60 hammers + 2 hummers from city) 4+60+2 = 66.
Deli drop to size 2, with population work only food ties.
When turn 2 finsihed, 35 of this went to produce Axe, 31 left in overflow.
Turn 3, Use 31 overflow + 4 natural hammers, turn finished - 1 more Axe.
Depends, this or next turn Deli will grow to size 4.
That let as to produce 2 axes every 3 turns untill deli would not have 4 productive person (suplus happiness fall below 4)
That where temple come in. Temple cost 80 hammers, but we have cheap temple, only 40 hummers.
By producing more hammers on all stages we can get Axe after temple out.
At end of my turns Our military consist of:
3 Axes, 4 warriors, 2 workers.

2 Axes will be finished next turn.
If my calculations right and 1 unit of unhappiness will dissaper at that time in 8 tunrs after my turn set we can have
11-12 Axes, probably enogth to take his capital.

I advice to start the war when you have 4-5 axes in Bombei and go raise his second city, probably getting some
needed promotions for Axes and getting time to heal axes back befor we finish producing enoght axes to take his capital.

I advice to use warriors as defender bite, but in condition when warrior 2 ties form capital on road and covered by axe, or next to capital after road pillaged.

As future research after Prieshood we have 1 compalsory tech on this map, Sailing.
After it I would advice not to go by standart writing/Alphavit direction, but beeline to Monarchy.
Reasoning. We will have excess trops after war finished. We probably should have disband some warriors, but even so.
And we will have borrower lot of happiness form our capital. By using monarchy we can use our army to grow our capital and
we have whines.

Additional pictures.
I edited this message because I change my mind about something and realised my mistakes. Insted of editing original that no one might not noticed I decided to edit this one. Still in spouler tags:

Spoiler :

First, i realised that I count Axes that would be build next turn twice. That mean that in 8 turns only 9-10 axes avalible, not 11-12 as in my original text.

On other hand. next turn we would have 5 axes.
At that moment we could go with 2 planes.
Plan
1) limited war. Purpouse: raise mongols second city, pillage them into stone age.
Resource needed 5 axes minimum, 7 Axes confortable.

(there was one time I was so unlucky that 5 fresh barracked axes did not take 20% defence city with 2 archers, one with city defence 1 and one unpromoted. But that is very unlickly posibility and mongol second city does not have 20% defence or promoted archers yet.)

2) All out war. Purpouse, Raise second city, take capital.
Resources needed 2.5* Number Archers in capital + number looses taking second city.

Not really posible if mongols have more then 3 Archers. Need to deeply borrow into future happiness.

If we feel lucky and capital stop producing after we have 5 axes (next turn), we have healphy capital working 3 special 1 improved tie and can be whiped for 2 time from time. Perfect to fast produce 3 setlers we need to fill out the island. If we produce 2 more axes we do not loose mach, only 2 shield/turn. Capital will still work 3 special ties and will get happiness back soon.
If we go with all out war, capital will be deep in happinesss hell, but we hopefully will get exelent production city - mongol capital.
Next people will have to decide, if we go with my save.

Im prob gonna do my turnset tmrw morning, so ill have it ready by monday night... if everyones finished by then, we can start voting tmrw.

chriseay said:
Ok, two are done and posted,
two??

i only see mutineers

So here is my turnlog... as you will see, it's not so good...

Spoiler :

Turn 30 (2800 BC)
Tech learned: The Wheel
Delhi finishes: Barracks :whipped:

Normally I don't whip, when there is only one turn left... I probably should have done like normally, as you will see later.

Turn 31 (2760 BC)
Research begun: Potery

Turn 32 (2720 BC)
Delhi finishes: Settler

Worker start the road to the copper

Turn 33 (2680 BC)
Delhi begins: Fast Worker

This fast worker was a complete :smoke: ... I should have wait for a growth of the city :sad: the city was blocked at 2 pop too long...

Turn 34 (2640 BC)

Turn 35 (2600 BC)

Turn 36 (2560 BC)
Bombay founded
Bombay begins: Warrior

That's another :smoke: of myself... rax or an obelix would have been a better idea, I think now...

Turn 37 (2520 BC)

Turn 38 (2480 BC)

Turn 39 (2440 BC)
Tech learned: Potery

Turn 40 (2400 BC)
Research begun: Fishing

Bronze is online... for Bombay

Turn 41 (2360 BC)

Turn 42 (2320 BC)
Delhi finishes: Fast Worker

Turn 43 (2280 BC)
Delhi begins: Granary
Bombay grows: 2

Turn 44 (2240 BC)
Tech learned: Fishing

Turn 45 (2200 BC)
Delhi grows: 3
Tech begun: Sailing

Turn 46 (2160 BC)

Turn 47 (2120 BC)

Turn 48 (2080 BC)

Turn 49 (2040 BC)

Turn 50 (2000 BC)
Bombay finishes: Warrior

Warrior finished... nontheless there are dead last in power... Bismark 1st and Genghis 2nd... :sad:

Turn 51 (1960 BC)

Turn 52 (1920 BC)
Delhi finishes: Granary :whipped:
Bouddhisme has spread: Munich (Empire germanique)
Good news Bismark converted himself to our faith... :worship:

Turn 53 (1880 BC)
Delhi begins: Axeman

I start the prod of axeman very late, because of my mistake of the beginning with the fast worker... :spank:

Delhi grows: 3

Turn 54 (1840 BC)

Turn 55 (1800 BC)
Tech learned: Sailing

Turn 56 (1760 BC)
Research begun: Iron Working

Turn 57 (1720 BC)

Turn 58 (1680 BC)
Delhi finishes: Axeman

Turn 59 (1640 BC)
Delhi begins: Axeman
Delhi grows: 4

Turn 60 (1600 BC)
One worker is ready to begin the chop of the silk forest (I didn't make any chop during my turn, it's probably the only good point of my save... :hammer2:), and the axemen aren't promoted for the moment...
Iron Working is due in 15 turn.

For a first time it's not so bad, but too much :smoke: to have a chance against our neigbours...

Attachments

• overview.JPG
    overview.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 128
I edit my second message, because I realised some of my mistakes about future. I still want to keep all information I provided near, so, please, read my second message if you entitle to. :)

Ok, let's see here. I guess I'm playing 30 turns here. Nothing really to change, so here we go.

Turn 1 - I start on a chop for the plantation resources north of Delhi. Need to get that settler out. Start on fishing when the wheel comes in.

Turn 3 - The settler finishes and I send him to the copper city spot. The worker goes to farm the corn. Delhi is going to pump 4 or so workers.

Turn 7 - Fishing in, AH next.

Turn 8 - Bombay is founded at the copper city site. It starts on an obelisk.

Turn 19 - AH in, onto Sailing to more quickly connect our cities, plus we need lighthouses.

Turn 30 - Sailing comes in, and I choose pottery, though that can be changed with absolutely no penalty since this is my last turn.

Here's a picture of the empire.

Points to remember about my turns:
- road network is connected
- second city founded
- corn and fish hooked up
- cows hooked up in a 4 turns
- new tech to be chosen, though I started on pottery
- obelisk has already been whipped in Bombay, so we should get the tiles back it lost in 10 turns

I think that's it, but if anyone has any questions, feel free.

Top Bottom