Bjørn's Props and 3d bits

Bjornlo

Deity
I was asked several times to open my own thread for my misc. props and such, so here it is.

These items are all my creations. I give them away freely, to be used in nearly any non-commercial endevour. But, I reserve ownership and copyright. They are intended to be used in the creation of free content for Civ3. If you have any questions or concerns email before you use them.

--------

Medival helm

Click here to download
Includes a slightly updated version of the one previewed, plus an all new fixed one. Includes textures for the helmet and cloth. Horn textures I left out since I don't think the texture there can be seen at civ scale.

Meso-American weapons

Click here to download

Sword collection #1

Click here to download

Axe Collection #1

Click here to download

Troll Clubs

Click here to download

Click here to download

The Boy's Anti-Tank rifle: A .55caliber, high velocity English rifle from ww2. Was used by infantry and vehicle mounted. It saw use Europe, Africa and the Japanese/pacific campaign.
This is a very detailed model. It is not for use on low-end systems. I am very pleased with this model. It is not the finest modeling ever. But, it is my best work to date. Accuracy, scale, operability, etc were all considered; I measured the actual parts from a repair diagram. Every bit that should move can move. For example, the bolt, the bipod, the upper receiver and the trigger. Every piece which should be removable is removable. Such as both muzzle breaks. Remove the first Canada break for mid-war. Remove both for the early onset of the hostilities. The clip and bipod are also removable (for reloading or alternative mounts). The sights are actually aligned and sighted. I figured this "might" be useful in some still image.

This weapon will be featured on my forth coming Morris CS9. If you are quick, you can put a unit out with it before I do. :p
included formats are: OBJ, 3ds and Bryce (tested in 5 and 6).

Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to download

Morphing SMG based on the model in Fallout.
Morphs include:
  • no clip
  • long barrel
  • silencer
  • vented barrel
  • forward handle
  • rear stock
  • scope
  • and so on.
includes base models and their morph targets in 3ds format. Both guns in the attached image are the same prop with different morph dials set.

Click here to download

Two crowns.

The rounded one is both lower poly and more configurable within poser. But, it will slow your system down more. Since in order to have the easy texturing and the configurability of being able to change the colors of the bits (including making them invisible) I had to keep it in a lot of seperate bits. The seperate bits include the bows (round part), the gems, the gem holders (red, blue and clear/white, black and green can be removed but only in groups all the green, all the blue etc), the leaves the velvet.

The flatter crown is modeled after the crown used in Norwegian heraldry and so on. But, It is fairly typical for a great many european kingdoms. This one is more accurate, though some compromises where made to keep the poly count manageable. In order to keep the accuracy as high as reasonably possible and the poly count as low as possible, it was not modeled in as many pieces as the simpler rounded one. And, is there for less configurable. You can easily remove the gems, the velvet and the top piece (cross and its base).

-------------------------------------------

A SciFi helmet, I modeled it loosely after the Police helmet in the SciFi classic "Heavy Metal".

Click here to download

Star Wars props:
Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet and blaster

Click here to download

WW2 Hats - Set #1

Click here to download
Includes 3 allied helmets. USA &UK both have 2 versions, 1 with chin strap on the other loose. Russian is a type 39 (no chin strap)

-----

WW2 Hats - Set #2

Click here to download
Includes 3 allied soft hats. Green Beret, Aussie slouch hat (includes cigar) and a USMC softcover.

-----

WW1/WW2 Hats - Set #3

Click here to download

Dacian Collection:

Click here to download
Includes Helm, Sword (akinakai) and a set of bracers. The bracers can be added individually and can be scaled to from thin bracelets to full forearm armor.

UK Collection:

Click here to download
Includes a Pith helmet, with removable logo and spike. The logo is from the famed 24th Regiment.
The shirt is a short sleeved shirt of the type worn in both the desert and jungle during ww2.
The belt & strap will require minor tweaking to get to fir right. Instructions included.

Bryce files: To be used to help you make other units for Civ3 using bryce 5 or higher.

Centauro run and death effects. Does not include the unit. Only the dust & dirt for the movement and the fire and smoke from the death.
Preview it in use here
Download the files here

Thanks for posting these, Bjornlo.

Has anyone else had trouble importing these into Poser? First of all, Poser can't handle mtl files - it uese mt5. Secondly, I'm asked to find [name]_diffcolor.bmp, which isn't present.

Additionally, I turned these into poser-ready smart props and I can post them if people want. I had to make new textures for them (since Poser couldn't load those mtl files), but they're properly sized. Is that a goer?

Thanks for posting these, Bjornlo.

Has anyone else had trouble importing these into Poser? First of all, Poser can't handle mtl files - it uese mt5. Secondly, I'm asked to find [name]_diffcolor.bmp, which isn't present.

Additionally, I turned these into poser-ready smart props and I can post them if people want. I had to make new textures for them (since Poser couldn't load those mtl files), but they're properly sized. Is that a goer?

I'd rather not have dual threads with the same props. I didn't have problems importing them into poser. But, then I didn't try and import the images files as those were just my Bryce creations.

I didn't notice that the diffusecolor.bmp was missing. I'll see if I can clean these up some.

The MTL files should not be giving you problems with the object import. They are typically empty generated along with the OBJ (when the object was converted from COB, C4D or LW (my modelers) into a format Poser supports.

If you have any tips or tricks for me when I do this, or for others who might be waiting for me to get time in my schedule (still working on the CS9 in all my free time), that would be appreciated.

--short version--
Thanks for bringing this up. I will be updating the original ZIP/RAR files as soon as I can.

Well, several of the models reference the mtl file in the material room. And all I mean by posting the poser-ready smart props was posting them in this thread.

Thanks for the Korean hats. :goodjob: I'll apply them to my figures when I have the free time to use Poser. :D

Top Bottom