Caveman 2 Cosmos

I think I have found another bug. I all of the sudden got a crash to desktop, which could not be attributed to barbarians. I figured it might be because of a building, so I systematically removed the cities that were about to produce and after an hour of loading the mod after each crash I found something. when I deleted a German city about to build a dance hall the crashes stopped, however, I wanted to be sure about this so I tried to recreate the incident. this time I placed a spy near by, deleted the city, and got a crash. long story short I finally found the what might be the problem

the Polynesian empire under salamasina had 4 units nearby, an axeman, a trained dog, a hunter and a hunter with a general attached. I'm pretty sure it's the hunter with general attached that's causing the problem. The general attached is Dancing Hoskuld

Are you sure it was a General or a Warlord? If its a Warlord, then we need to contact Vincent.

Blue or Red?

well it's a tiny red icon? but here's a picture of the guy I believe to be responsible. it seems to happen when he moves

well it's a tiny red icon? but here's a picture of the guy I believe to be responsible. it seems to happen when he moves

OK that looks like a Warlord that is attached to a Hunter as a Leader? But i dont see the Warlord in the pic of units you have:crazyeye:

You also mentioned that its the Polynesian civ but i dont see them listed either?

Plus it looks like your in Windows mode?

I saw the warlord move with the hunter so it's there, but it is under the axeman, dog and my spy.

I haven't discovered them yet, but as you can see from the names it is the polynesians, they have a city not far from there. And yes, I play in windowed mode, makes for easy tabing away during the long turn times ;)

Can someone pls have a look at religion. Ive just played my 10.th game and still theres a lack of religion. I've only had Solomon convert to a religion by himself in one game. The rest of the time I've had to force civs to change to prophets civic, then they would get a religion.

Maybe its because they dont see any benefit because you only get bonuses based on stonehenge and oracle?

Maybe if its possible to give a bonus of something else then they would value the civic more?

Enur's screenshot ( previous post) also has only him with a religion and thats turn 700 something...

Enur's Screenie also shows that only a few of the Very early Religions are possible as it's only 2992BC. He hasn't even reached the bulk of the Main Religions. Also we don't know if the other civs have any prophets available to them.

And he's almost 200+ points ahead of the nearest AI India. Looks like he's play on Snail.

When he gets to 1000BC I bet there will be more Religions founded. But I also know from playing this version that not Every AI will found a Religion. In my current game I have enough Prophets sleeping to found 4 more religions and get their Holy Temple too. I already have 3 founded each with their own Holy City and Main Temple Bldg (Judaism, Buddhism, and Christianity). I passed up all of the early, early religions to get those 3 1st, in that order.

Of course I lead in my game too. And I'm playing on Marathon, Noble level. Turn 450+ of 1600.

JosEPh. :)

Enur's Screenie also shows that only a few of the Very early Religions are possible as it's only 2992BC. He hasn't even reached the bulk of the Main Religions. Also we don't know if the other civs have any prophets available to them.

And he's almost 200+ points ahead of the nearest AI India. Looks like he's play on Snail.

When he gets to 1000BC I bet there will be more Religions founded. But I also know from playing this version that not Every AI will found a Religion. In my current game I have enough Prophets sleeping to found 4 more religions and get their Holy Temple too. I already have 3 founded each with their own Holy City and Main Temple Bldg (Judaism, Buddhism, and Christianity). I passed up all of the early, early religions to get those 3 1st, in that order.

Of course I lead in my game too. And I'm playing on Marathon, Noble level. Turn 450+ of 1600.

JosEPh. :)

Yeah i dont like the religion stuff the way it is right now, one civ getting 4-8 holy cities just isn't right. Need to get Limited Religions back ingame that works correctly. I HATE Choose Religions also.

Your not on Epic, :rolleyes:, taking a leap huh?

@Enur: Can you delete that image, its to big and width wise, thx.

Is it easy to change limited religions to only 2 or 3 holy shrines max?

No, LR doesnt work at all , but they say it is fixed in the new RevDCM, but that takes a sdk/dll person to do that stuff.

Everyone needs to start bugging Afforess to get his 1.76 modcomp out, then maybe things will run better, so start BUGGING him.:trouble:

No, LR doesnt work at all , but they say it is fixed in the new RevDCM, but that takes a sdk/dll person to do that stuff.

Everyone needs to start bugging Afforess to get his 1.76 modcomp out, then maybe things will run better, so start BUGGING him.:trouble:

Orion Veteran has a current python Limited Religions. I thought it was the basis for the one in RevDCM but maybe not.

It is but he did his in python and they converted it to dll which he doesn't work with. I asked for some assistance but he honestly can't offer much given that its hardcoded as it is. Alright then, I'll get working on fixing up limited religions... I'm not a fan of it so I haven't felt pressed there but I do care about y'all so I'll work on getting it sorted out. I'd think something in between might be good too but I'll have to give some thought to that. I may have a bit more time for programming emerging here so that's a good thing :)

By the way, has anyone tried a Limited Religions without Divine Prophets or Choose Religions game? It may well be working right now.

I was very pleased to read that:

There should NOT be any crashes (besides MAFs)

You have done a great job combining all the sweet cream Civ4 modding has to offer, and i really enjoyed all the new features. But the unavoidable crashing in the ancient-medieval era, in 3 games on slowest speed - was highly dis-encouraging...

I cant wait to test the new version! Hope to get to the nukes this time, and re-send everyone back to the stone-age, hehe.

EDIT: 94% at 200 kb/s, around 5 min left :)

New UPDATE: 23 Feb 7:30 am

Guys, I'm impressed by how fast you can release new versions. This surely is the most active mod hereby.

I must say, I haven't even tried V.8 yet (lack of time for gaming), and obviously I won't anymore, better get the V.9 already.

I haven't seen any Changelog for the mod, though. Is there any?

3 hours and 29 minutes to go!

Just hope that end of turn times after 2500BC are faster.

I usually never use Limited religions or Choose religions. Let the religions fall were they may is my battle cry. And I Try very hard to get the Most every game.

One little subject I woeld like to bring up. Great Artists, you get 12,000 culture points for a great work of art. Seems tremendous at 1st glance. The old GA used to only get 6000 points. But here's the kicker, those 6000 point for the Old GA was WAY better than the 12,000 for the New GA. I used a GA on a border setting and got 1 that's right 1 Tile to flip. And the tile was 6 tiles from the opposing AI's city no less! I literally *issed that GA away! Culture still is extremely weak with RoM/AND as the basis. I miss the early RoM days when you could culture bomb an enemy AI's border and sometimes get a city to culture flip. But that was killed off many RoM versions ago by REVDCM and has Never been recovered.

Maybe someone should consider "fixing" culture so it works more like Vanilla BtS? Cultural Victories are non existent any more.

JosEPh

Edit: My Sat. DSL just dropped to 40kb/sec so now I have to wait 3 hours and 43 minutes to get the new version. :p May have to leave the computer on all night now.

Ha, look at that update timing, I just dowloaded and started playing around with the previous version two or three days ago. Rather interesting mod, I must say!

Is this new version savegame compatible with the previous version?

Sorry no.

JosEPh

It's still a problem! As I experienced in v. 7 and v. 8, in v. 9 I still don't have any dialog on the diplomacy screen. This makes diplomacy and trade impossible. I tried a similar mod (Quot Capita) that incorporates many of the things C2C does and the diplomacy screen works just fine. So what's the problem?? I would very much like to play this mod, but can't with this serious problem.

jimmygeo

It's still a problem! As I experienced in v. 7 and v. 8, in v. 9 I still don't have any dialog on the diplomacy screen. This makes diplomacy and trade impossible. I tried a similar mod (Quot Capita) that incorporates many of the things C2C does and the diplomacy screen works just fine. So what's the problem?? I would very much like to play this mod, but can't with this serious problem.

jimmygeo

Have you checked the FAQ? If I remember correctly it is usually caused when something went wrong with the install. Did you remove the older version of Cavemen2Cosmos before installing then new?

Top Bottom