Wont let me build World Bank at 20,000 gp

JuanJulio

Chieftain
Ok gang, this is really frustrating, my 6th try at an economic victory on Diety with the egyptians. Its an awesome back and forth game with the romans coming so close to a cultural victory i had to send an army of spies to steal all their great people and slow them down, all while holding back the Relentless chinese and their legions of DOOM. Finally i have everything under control, 20,000 gp and a decent production city waiting to build world bank, and it WONT LET ME!! I got the message from my advisors i can build it, but it doesn't show up in the list of wonders.

Has anybody else seen this? Is this a bug for which a patch can be expected or WHAT!

Hm... You have 20,000 Gold, your advisers are saying you can build it, and it won't let you?
You sure they might not just be saying that you need less than *insert number* gold pieces to build the world bank?
I do know that sometimes when I go for a cultural victory they'll tell me that I can build the united nations, but I can't select it and I notice that one of my wonders is still in the production phase (the image of it when I choose view buildings shows it with the construction wood around and stuff) and so I have to build another wonder or get another great person before I can build it.
But I don't know about your prob... It's probably just a glitch. An annoying one, but it probably is. Maybe in deity you have to do something else? I'm not sure. In deity I'm one to go for a Cultural or Domination victory, Space race is too long and hard and economic victory is the same.

So yea, most likely a glitch, or maybe there's something else you do. Maybe you read too fast and your advisers only said "Good news sire! We need less than 100 gold pieces to build the world bank and win an economic victory!" But you only read the "We" and "build the world bank and win an economic victory!" which would make you think that you could already build it. Iunno, just a guess.
I've made that mistake before on king, where I read too fast. Didn't hinder me much, but I did get confused.

Then I'm not sure what it could be. Quick question, does "gp" equal Gold Production or how much actual gold you have?

I'm assuming it's a scratch or a glitch. Try looking on the net to see if someone else has gotten this problem, try google or yahoo.

This has happened to me before. The glitch is: if you have already researched both Currency and Banking at the time when you Economic milestone would normally give you one of those, it will inform you that the milestone was reached, but you will not get credit for it.

If you look at the "Who's Winning?" page, you will see yourself 1 milestone short of 20,000, even after the game has informed you that you can build the World Bank.

There is no way to achieve an economic victory once you have triggered this.

Yeah, happened to me too. It's a bug. However, I didn't know what the cause was... thanks StraDawg for solving that mystery for me.

I surely hope 2K read this and fix that bug/glitch in the next patch!!

Top Bottom