Introductions and MP Skill Level

Joshua368

Warmongering builder
When giving advice with how to win this game, it's probably a good idea to know where everyone stands in experience. So here everyone can post their single player level and (much more importantly) their level of multiplayer experience. AFAIK, Team 3 got most of the veterans from last game (and must be taken out ;) ) but hopefully we got some people who know what they're doing as well.

For me, I've been playing Civilization IV for about four months now and easily win the Emperor level in single player but have virtually zero multiplayer experience. This will be a very educating game! :lol:

Edit: Also might as well go through a roll call here as well. Here's the list for Team 2, people who have posted in this subforum. Bolded names are present.

1. Joshua368
2. pauluslupus
3. NeverSurrender
4. cIV_khanh93
5. Dux_
6. johnle43
7. EmperorSnefix
8. Toch
9. el toro loco
10. ForeverNow
11. kkwisper
12. madrigal
13. johnle43
14. Lord Parkin
15. plako
16. Hercules90
17. LordAdmiral

Ok i plays civilization for loong time, guess since first day it is out, but i mostly played for fun (i dont like to loss :) ), so my SP dificulty is "prince", i have played MP few times, but it is some time from now.

i've played civ since civ2 on my PS (the turns took FOREVER in the late game) anyhow, right now i play at noble mostly. this will be my first MP game in civ at any level and yeah, i too say team3 need to go bye bye early ;]

I played Civ IV a couple of years ago, tried multiplayer a couple of times, but it kept going oos with simultaneous turns. I play at the monarch level, & win with relative ease, & I'm more of a builder than a fighter, but I'll war when needed:p

I've been playing Civ since the original. Just started playing some multiplayer pitboss games with friends about 3 months ago. I usually play solo games, noble level. I could probably go a level up, but I don't like to lose :). I typically go for a culture win, which I know is not an option here. I'm sure this will be a great learning experience.

I'm also civ veteran. Started from the 1st version years ago. I have never played multi player and thought this would be fun way to find out how things work. I'm comfortable on Monarch and can sometimes win on Emperor level especially, if I can avoid wonder mania and concentrate on micro-management.

1. Joshua368
2. pauluslupus
3. NeverSurrender
4. cIV_khanh93
5. Dux_
6. johnle43
7. EmperorSnefix
8. Toch
9. el toro loco
10. ForeverNow
11. kkwisper
12. madrigal
13. plako

are the bolded above the only players to post since requesting a team?
maybe someone should we PM them? or is it the less players the better?

I'm a fairly experienced player. I can quite happily win on Immortal in single player (haven't had the time to play Deity yet but will get around to it soon). As for multiplayer, I have about 3 years and probably over 100 games of experience. About half the games have been duels with other highly competent players (of which I've won at least 80%), and about half have been larger games with up to 18 players (where I've almost always ended up on the winning alliance).

So I guess that probably makes me the most experienced player to post (so far, at least). :) I deliberately chose a smaller team to join since I could see that most of the veterans were joining team 3, which I thought was a bit unfair to the rest of you guys. ;)

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of the team here, and hopefully I'll have some helpful contributions to make as the game progresses. To victory! :king: :goodjob:

hello everyone, i finally made it. ready to go.

i have been playing since civ II. i owned civ IV vanilla for a long time before recently switching to bts. i could win vanilla on monarch w/ some ease at the end. still learning the new concepts w/ bts but for the most part there is not to much difference.

this will be my 1st multiplayer experience.

down w/ team 3 :)

i played civ 3 as a kid, and got civ 4 very recently (BtS 3.13). I play on noble level and spend about half my time in MP, but im not very good. My main problem is my lack of long term planning on any level (even in war!) so I could learn a bit from playing with moer experienced players.

I wonder if I might be the old man of this group. I was all grown up when Civ 1 came out. :lol:
Cool. You may well be. (I don't suppose you want to reveal your age to check?) :D

I think I was about 4 years old when Civ 1 came out. ;)

Signing in and reporting for duty.

Played Civ 1 and 2 and then a long period in Smacx. Started playing CIV BTS when it came out. I am still learning. I think I am around Noble level. I also seem to play more MP than SP games.

Greetings! :goodjob:

I hope my name will prove to be an inspiration for all. :D

I have been playing pretty solid for almost a year. Play on Monarch mostly, but have beat Emperor. Have some multi experience, maybe 20 games. I guess at being somewhere in tier 2 of civ experience in this team.

Hi, just joined the team, I can play on Monarch singleplayer and win pretty easily, Emperor is a bit more difficult. On multiplayer team games, however, 3v3, I can do very well and I am usually on the winning side. Either that, or I will play FFA Pangaea and do pretty well. Lets just say I ain't the player who goes out first right away.

No multiplayer. Emperor-Deity depending on leader.

hi!

i usually play civ with my friends/peope i know. so there might be some surprises for me.
we usually agree to play on noble, bc there are no boni/mali, but i'm looking forward to monarch difficulty ;)

i've got a 30 min train ride to my university each day...plenty of time to check into the forums ;)

Top Bottom