Badly planned civ concept

dirtstylez79

Chieftain
heck i wonder if the game maker ever played alot of multiplayer games.

it all comes down to 4 civs

Japanese
Greeks
Aztecs
Chinese.

if your lucky to face france egypt england zulu your sure to win.

Well, this is all opinion based. Or course, many people think that those 4 civs are some of the best, but your "lucky to face" comment is ill-informed. Many people place Egypt, England and the Zulus as some of the best civs, while many people hate facing the French because they can get to the wall quickly and can easily culture-flip close cities.

Don't forget the best civ... The Spanish! :D

Its just learning how to use all the civs. Heck even the Mongols are quite strong if using their bonuses in the right way.

I play random on MP now, before I easily made it into the top 5 just by playing as China and Romans. I got bored playing the same strats over and over. I must say, I've played against the Aztecs more than any other civ, and have only lost maybe twice agaisnt them (they got a horseman army extremely fast on both occasions).

There are defiinatlly civs that are overused, and some that are easier to play, but now having played all civs at least 5 times on MP and probably 10 times that amount with each civ on SP, I've gotta say it's way more satisfying to beat someone with a weaker civ or what other's perceive as weak. Today I out teched and totally dominated a Japanese player using the french, and he was teching at a pretty fast clip. I just got a jump on him due to finding some other capitals and some artifacts.

Usually if you're playing someone that is using one of the overplayed civs, they usually have a pretty narrow minded inflexible strat that if foiled, they'll get frustrated and make a lot of mistakes trying to adapt. Another benefit of having a preceived weaker civ is that they'll underestimate you, and when you start smashing on them, they aren't prepared.

The civs I fear the most:
Arabs
Americans
China
English

Everyone else I've played agaisnt way too much to not know how to counter their most likely strats. This civs can pack a huge military punch at any point in the game.

heck i wonder if the game maker ever played alot of multiplayer games.

it all comes down to 4 civs

Japanese
Greeks
Aztecs
Chinese.

if your lucky to face france egypt england zulu your sure to win.

Are you kidding me? Clearly you've never played against someone knew how to play with those Civs, they're all very strong Civs, especially England and the Zulu. Zulu is my favorite, the Zulu rush is almost sure to get a second capital.

i used to play aztec and arab back when i actually played played this game. i usually rocked anyone next to me except greeks if i played arab.

the civs i feared were
greek
chinese
aztec

Top Bottom