Kazakhstan Diplomacy

I don't like this at all. At minimum Polytheism and Masonry should be added to the trade and it still wouldn't be that good for us. After we've made the deal Kazs can start to trade Metal Casting to others and that would help tech leaders to get even further away.

To catch up others we'll had to start taking risks. I think our research path shouldn't be based on what we actually need but what has best trade value and take max advantage of that trade value. Metal Casting seems good candidate in this respect since it is highly likely that none that Kaz knows is teching it, because they are asking from us.

I suggest we say that only trade we're willing to do now is between Archery and Sailing. I would also tell that we're probably going for Metal Casting next and I would inform also Mads about this. This way we could hopefully prevent anyone else trying to get it and we could get best possible trade bait. While researching MC we'll had to find other teams so that when it is ready we could get best possible trades.

If Archery to Sailing trade is not possible, we should tech first Sailing and then Metal Casting.

Yeah, we obviously aren't going to give them much more expensive techs in return for cheap ones. We could do Archery and Metal Casting (good trading tech) if they'll give us something like Maths in addition to Iron Working and Sailing. That makes the deal much more even.

Proposed message:

Greetings Kazakhstan,

Regrettably we cannot accept a deal which is verging on 400 beakers in your favour. However, we could consider the proposed deal if another tech of reasonable value was added on your side. How does this proposal sound?

Saturn sends: Archery and Metal Casting
Kazakhstan sends: Sailing and Iron Working PLUS Mathematics

We could research the former in 2-3 turns and the latter in perhaps 12-15 turns (I'll need to check in-game). This deal is much fairer in terms of beakers than your original proposal. We would not require that Iron Working and Mathematics be sent in advance of Metal Casting, although we would certainly appreciate if you were kind enough to offer Iron Working early.

Please let us know what you think. :)

Regards,
Lord Parkin of Saturn
I'll send this in ~15 hours, unless anyone has any other suggestions. :)

Make sure they know that they do not have to send us Iron Working and Mathematics immediately, they can wait until we actually have Metal Casting to offer. Part of the imballanced deal was probably due to us getting the techs in advance, but I think patience would be better in this situation.

And yes, we should definitely alert the Mad Scientists of our research path if this works.

Updated message and sent. :)

New message from Kazs. They really don't follow that closely what we've. Now they're offering Monarchy to us. sigh. Again we'll had to make new suggestion and wait days for an answer. If we're going to handle this properly we would had to pause the game until we find acceptable deal or decide no deal is better.

Hi Lord Parkin and Team Saturn,

Sorry for the delay in communication. How about a two part trade:

Part 1: Archery 60 :science:
Part 1: Horseback riding 250 :science:
Part 2: Compass 400 :science:

for

Part 1: Iron working 200 :science:
Part 1: Sailing 100 :science:
Part 2: Monarchy 300 :science:
Part 2: Polytheism 100 :science:

It's still 10 :science: in our favor but we can give our techs up front in each part of the trade to compensate you for that. There is iron near your capital so getting iron working now will benefit you. We'd send iron working and sailing now. Polytheism and monarchy would be sent when we receive archery and horseback riding.

If you would like to do these trades please let us know. We'd also like an estimate of when you'd complete the techs.

Thanks,
donsig of Kazakhstan

New message from Kazs. They really don't follow that closely what we've. Now they're offering Monarchy to us. sigh. Again we'll had to make new suggestion and wait days for an answer. If we're going to handle this properly we would had to pause the game until we find acceptable deal or decide no deal is better.

We haven't put any solid beakers into metal casting yet, right? Looks like a pause is in order for us to figure out our next research choice.

Sailing and Iron Working are both good. Polytheism is useless and Monarchy is just silly. We need Mathematics more so...

Archery 60 :science:
Metal Casting 450 :science:
for
Sailing 100 :science:
Mathematics 250 :science:

Bit lop-sided, so maybe:

Horseback Riding 250 :science:
for
...Alphabet? (300)
...Currency? (400)
...Construction? (350)

Why the heck are they offering us something we already have? :confused:

We haven't put any solid beakers into metal casting yet, right? Looks like a pause is in order for us to figure out our next research choice.

Sailing and Iron Working are both good. Polytheism is useless and Monarchy is just silly. We need Mathematics more so...

for
Don't forget Iron Working on their side. We'd have a 40 beaker debt to them that could be repaid later (in techs or gold) - no big deal.

Bit lop-sided, so maybe:

Horseback Riding 250 :science:
for
...Alphabet? (300)
...Currency? (400)
...Construction? (350)
Again, don't forget Iron Working. Or do we know that MS have that?

Archery, Metal Casting, and 40 gold for Sailing, Iron Working and Mathematics is something I could agree with, but it depends on whether they want Metal Casting or not...

We really are not intrested in HBR unless we get other deals with it. Dead end tech is very bad idea at the moment.

joshua's last suggestion is alright to me, but do they've currency already? First part should be saiiling to archery and 2nd IW+maths to Metal Casting. However we really need answer from Mads before proceeding to MC. I suggest that we pause the game now and inform Mads that we're waiting for them to answer and possibly make Joshua's suggestion to Kazs and tell that we need also their answer before we can continue.

We need an answer from both of them, but if Kaz confirms (or denies) MC we should be able to continue regardless of what the silly mad scientists will do.

Here's a possible reply to give them, any problems?

Thank you for your offer, however we have no need for Polytheism, and in fact already have Monarchy! ;-) However we are interested in Mathematics, so perhaps we can work out the trade to include that instead. Earlier you said you were interested in Metal Casting, is this still the case? We would prefer to research that as it would be more helpful to us than Horseback Riding or Compass. Perhaps the two part trade could be the following:

Part 1: Archery (60 beakers)
Part 2: Metal Casting (450 beakers)

for

Part 1: Sailing (100 beakers)
Part 2: Iron Working (200 beakers)
Part 2: Mathematics (250 beakers)

Obviously this is 40 beakers in our favor, and we are willing to gift you 40 gold right away to make up for this, (if you have currency; if not, then once you do) or perhaps we could give you a slightly lopsided trade later. Whatever you feel is more appropiate.

We already have Archery and can make the Archery/Sailing trade immediately. Metal Casting would take approximately 12 turns. As we need to confirm if Metal Casting is a worthwhile tech or not, we need a reply soon, as we will not be able to finish our next turn until we receive one. Thank you for your cooperation!

--
Sincerely,
Team Saturn

Okay, since time is of the essence here, sent.

Once something is settled on we need to remember to send an alert to Mad Scientists.

Great message, thanks for arranging that. :)

I am just posting to be updated on diplomacy.

It seems like a protracted series of negotiations at the moment.

Well, we can't finish our turn until we get a reply from these guys. If our time starts to run out we'll have to request a pause. Hopefully we won't be stuck for 5 freakin' days.

Private message!

Joshua said:
Kaleb said:
Hi there, we did get your message, thanks.

Sorry for not replying, we've just had a lot of our team away on Easter holidays and the likes.

We can most likely do Archery for Sailing right now, is that the main thing you are waiting for or is it knowing what tech to go for next?

If the later, would running a turn at 0% allow you to defer the decision for another turn?

No, it's the latter. We finished Archery and we need to know if we can or can't begin work on Metal Casting this turn.

Also we just did a 0% research turn, so no we don't really need to do that again soon. ;) Plus we'd still solidify overflow beakers if we did that.

Hopefully you guys can reach a consensus and give a reply soon then. :)

Okay, good to know they're discussing things, at least. :)

tencharsdangit

Kaleb said:
We're also waiting on replies, so sorry for not getting back already. We should get you a reply by this evening (UK time I mean)

Top Bottom