Bugs/Error reports

Attached is the print screen of the problem.

Attachments

• application error.JPG
    application error.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 107
Here is what happened to patch 4k, almost identical.

Attachments

• application error 4K.JPG
    application error 4K.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 98
okay i did everthing by the book now, i completely installed everything new on my computer, windows (xp-home) the updates/patches everything, i downloaded the patch from civfanatics and i did everything right, i made an new folder, installed it and it still crashes while starting the game and "init Graphics" !!!! I am maybe not a genius wth computers but i think something is wrong with the patch.

@dunzhi YES this is the thing that happend to me on and on, but somehow i didn't get the message

The instruction at "0x500f800" referenced memory at "0x000001a0" The memory could not be read.

I have installed the Dune War 1.7 and it runs just fine, no problem at all.

Have you upgraded the Civ 4 (the original game) to its latest patch?

0x000001a0: This is maybe a problem with the harddisks, that maybe a sector on the HDD is damaged, and not a problem with MoO2.

You could try this:
Go to the command line (windows key + R, type in "cmd"), and then type there in "chkdsk c:/f" (c: is the letter of the harddisk. If you have installed civ on another one, d: for example, then change it), hit enter, type in Y. Then restart the computer, let the programm run, and try to start MoO2 again. Maybe re-install MoO2 after that.

Thank you for your help! But it didnt work, same problem. I will install the game on another computer and see if it works.

Well, some good news at least. ;) Guess this means the next patch will have to be built on patch 4i, not 4k or 4l...

Sorry to hear... Have you ever tried earlier versions of MOO2Civ or having similar problems with running other mods?

---

Meanwhile I've been able to reinstall Civ4/Warlords/BtS following guidance by Repair Guy ori (many many thanks). After reacquainting myself with all things BtS I hope to get back in business.

More news later!

Meanwhile to all you Civfans out there:

:newyear:

Okay, I mentioned this in the other thread but thought it would fit better here.
I played a wormhole map as Mrrshon (sp) for about 250 turns and had three starbases for over 200 of those turns. I only got two missiles out of one of them that was built in space only after I researched pulson missiles. The other two starbases were built on asteroids and they never produced a missile the entire time.

This was the third time I've seen starbases have issued with missile production. I'm using version 4k of the mod and .19 of civ4. Would you like to know anything else to help resolve the issue?

Thanks; as I'm currently working on a stable version, I'll be keeping an eye on Starbase missile production.

Did this issue occur on Wormhole maps only? Do you know if only the Starbases not built on Asteroids produced missiles?

Also, if anybody else has noticed this issue please give a detailed report.

Did this issue occur on Wormhole maps only? Do you know if only the Starbases not built on Asteroids produced missiles?

I tried a game on the FinalFrontier map and again, no missiles on my starbase or battlestation that was built on asteroids. Unfortunatly I didn't get a chance to build more starbases in space because the map was swarming with Barbarian Battlecruiser IIIs from the beginning of the game and they were keeping me and the AI's from doing more than surviving. I'm not sure why they were so much woose than my first games. It did seem more like the antarians in MoO2 since they were stronger but after about 100 turns the AIs starting loosing a star every ten turns and I had at least three battleship IIIs attacking me each turn.

Regarding the powerful barbarians. I thought of giving the Antarians a free promotion called 'stranded' or something that had -100% healing. That way even if they are too strong any damage done is permanent as long as you have good numbers you'll beat them regardless of their strength. Which is more or less how it is in the original game.

If you could make that work, that'd be perfect! I say: go right ahead.:thumbsup:

As concerns the Starbase disfunction: I'm looking into that; thanks for the update, fulano.

Bug with 5.0 beta:

When looking at a unit's civilopedia article, the game CTD's when trying to look at another unit's article.

This screen is where it crashes when I try to go to another article, but only for units, not anything else I've tried so far.

:confused: A bug with Churchill's pedia screenpage... Hm. Perhaps it's about time to simply remove all non-MOO2Civ references altogether...

Thanks for reporting this.

In the beta 5.0
I played a game about 30 turns then saved and quit, later I came back to play again and in the reloaded game. When I looked in the city screen all of my stars had 12 little brown planets orbiting them with 0 max population each. I could also repeat buildings more than once and it seemed my workers were finding industry somewhere though it wouldn't let me assign anybody to the planets.

I think it was in an enclosed space map too.

Ah yes: the Enclosed and Wormholes mapscripts currently do not work (the maps may be there, but the files to make them work aren't included in 5.0 Beta). I'd better add a note on that on the DL page. Thanks.

Top Bottom