Some ideas on missiles and stuff

Sirnik

Chieftain
Well, Jeelen has written something about giving up missiles altogether... or it was someone else...) Nevermind. The point is, if missiles are removed the next-to useless missile base would lose the "next". Well, it'll still give +20% Def...
So why not make the building of such things spawn a corresonding unit in the system? For example, give the missile base a behaviour similar to fighters&bombers - strikes long, doesn't fight straight - and the Ground battery the behaviour similar to Ground forces... or maybe give them a really good ability to range attack, but only at close quarters (1 square - as the catapult in vanilla CIV did). Maybe even ground-based Stellar convertors could be introduced this way. :scan:
Next: promotions like "nuclear missiles" may not give :strength: but instead a ranged attack ability (don't know if this is possible; pity if it isn't) with a certain negative modification to attack strength, of course (else we'll end up with overpowered range attackers...) or else give each missile type a fixed damage (again, don't know if it's possible).
Then: the game DEFINITELY needs some :) buildings. The Sports Arena, Religion Temple (i just don't remember the exact name), two resourses (granted, HUGE ones) and+1 from religion... that adds up to (with on average 5 planets) to 17 satisfied pop. Even on the simpliest difficulties it is 25 pop content and that's all.... And I've seen systems with ~30 pop! (BTW, WTF?! There can't be enough room for all them, can it? We-re talking Meklar here). There is that influence-to-happiness stuff, but i've never seen any effect, even for Legendary influence...

Welcome, Sirnik!

It was someone else, BTW, who mentioned it. As regards ranged attack: that is possible (deanej included it in his Star Trek mod, for instance).

As concerns happiness: that does become a concern in mid-game, so you need to secure resources and/or Religion later. Buildings are under revision currently, so your suggestion might well be picked up. (You might also check the recently started thread on proposed government changes, as that will probably also affect happiness.) ;)

Whoops, me bad... didn't see the discussion in tech thread in time) Sorry to have brought up the topic again.

Top Bottom