Pointless and silly over the top rant #5687

It's a bloody outrage I tells ya. A bloody outrage!

Edinburgh is a city state in Civ 5 (how cool is that?) with irrational as a characteristic! How in the name of all that is Holy can Edinburgh be classed as Irattional? The city was at the forefront of the of the Industrial revolution and was so enlightened it's nickname was the Athens of The North.

I demand an explanantion, retraction, apology and or free copy of the game to help placate my righteous rage.

I think everyone who rants about Civ 5 on CFC should give a dollar to every active user on site.

Ya' know some day some blokes gonna show up at our respective doors in a kilt, holding a claymore, and do us in for this thread.:trouble:

Ya' know some day some blokes gonna show up at our respective doors in a kilt, holding a claymore, and do us in for this thread.:trouble:

Well then i'll fight him off with my lightsaber and force lightning.

Maybe some guy back on page 1, but who the heck reads the whole thread?

Anyway, I like what we'll provisionally call your idea, Dale. I don't know if we have any evidence for it, but evidence is strictly optional here, so I'll just decide that it's true. Besides, it frees Firaxis from the dangerous situation of having to explain to the Scottish why their city has been deemed Irrational, because, oh man, you do not want to tick those guys off. That's a good way to get whacked upside the head with a deep-fried shopping trolley.

Actually, it was Ahriman's if you want to be pedantic. But who's keeping tabs eh?

Actually, it was Ahriman's if you want to be pedantic. But who's keeping tabs eh?
Unless I'm misreading Ahriman, he's suggesting a slightly different answer, but I think the important thing is that all of us agree on one thing: Don't eat the haggis. For the love of God, don't eat the haggis.

Unless I'm misreading Ahriman, he's suggesting a slightly different answer, but I think the important thing is that all of us agree on one thing: Don't eat the haggis. For the love of God, don't eat the haggis.

Haggis on its own then fair enough, but stick it with some Neeps and Tatties and you have a gastromonic delight...:king: (if, sadly, not deep-fried ;) )

A deep fried Haggis supper is what I often eat when drunk and on my way home when in Scotland.

Just realised that 5 makes it possible for cities to be on the next hex to an other so Edinburgh on one coast and Glasgow on the other of a narrow peninsusla like Scotland is at that point.

Would that mean I could sail a ship from The Atlantic to the North Sea?

What about deep fried pizza with chips and brown sause. Saved my life at University.

Strangely, I've never had deep fried pizza in my life and I sometimes wonder at the curative effects of Irn Bru re. hangovers. I wonder if I'm really Scottish at all.

I can testify that Irn Bru cures hangovers.

And although I do quite like haggis, I'd rather have a black pudding supper. Battered and fried of course.

I wonder if I'm really Scottish at all.

All Scottishness remaining in you went into the naming of your punk brats, Al :p

Nowadays you're way more Bavarian than Scottish, even if you insist on visiting that land north of Adrian's wall during Easter and Christmas.

What are you doing in the equivalent GQ forum in CIV? Turned the wrong corner somewhere along the way to your destination? :D

Best regards,
The Catalan Poof ;)

Bloody hell, they let in anyone here \o/

How you doing, Jordi? Is Barca a city state or is it gonna be part of Spain again ;)

:cringe:

What I meant was that if Sid Meier's mother hadn't encouraged/supported his interest in world history, we wouldn't have Civ in the first place!

Now you're leaving his father out. You're still sexist, even if you switched sides. :lol:

Well, at least it isn't Maritime like Helsinki. Maritime is the "we couldn't think of anything else" trait. Being a breadbasket of an empire is not Finland. Helsinki should provide hakkapeliitta cavalry units, like in Thirty Years' War.

This has been my pointless contribution to the silly rant thread.

I can pick up the phone now and order a deepfried 'meat Madras' pizza. Beat that, with or without extra kebab meat topping.

The Scots are perfectly balanced, they have a chip on both shoulders.

I think the fact that IRN-BRU tastes like bubblegum, yet is colored bright orange, is reason enough to be Irrational. That tasted nothing like I expected.

Wow! This has been educational. I was always too frightened to try it previously.

Top Bottom