Never-Before-Seen Civilizations

Which of the following Civs belongs in the game? (Please Select All That Apply)

• Total voters
You think the Congolese are more likely than the Moors? :confused:

There's a big gaping hole in north Africa where the Moorish empire belongs, and let's not forget that in their heyday the Moors dominated both Spain and Mali/Songhai at the same time.

If the problem is blank spaces on the map, What do you think about south america?

The inca empire is very close to the pacific and the maias and aztecs are on central America.

So, theres nothing on 90% of South America? Ops, there is, Brazil! One more point to us!

Civ is needing a litle bit of samba btw.

Not Brazil but Argentina. With leader Lionel Messi. Unique trait: foot soldiers with 2 movement points ignore zones of control.

This is an easy question with an obvious answer.

The Huns. They were instrumental in helping to bring down the greatest civilization of all time, the Romans.

You could also make the same argument with the Goths.

You could also throw in Parthians and Seleucids. You could even go so far as lumping all the aboriginals of north america into one civilization and call them "Native Americans".

Where to begin?

The Huns and the Goths are absolutely not possible--I challenge you to come up with a city list or unique building for them. I'd love to see them as barbarian groups, but they jut can't fit in as civs.

The Parthians and Seleucids would just be reusing the Persian civ's city list, and are too similar to the Persians and the Greeks, respectively.

As for lumping together a "Native American" civ? Just no. Heavens no. :( Never again.

Where to begin?

The Huns and the Goths are absolutely not possible--I challenge you to come up with a city list or unique building for them. I'd love to see them as barbarian groups, but they jut can't fit in as civs.

The Parthians and Seleucids would just be reusing the Persian civ's city list, and are too similar to the Persians and the Greeks, respectively.

As for lumping together a "Native American" civ? Just no. Heavens no. :( Never again.

You should probably educate yourself a bit more about the Huns. The Hunnic Empire controlled more land, more people, and more settlements than all of the nations listed in this Poll combined!

To say the Huns don't belong in Civilization would be like saying the Mongols do not belong. They are actualy remarkably similar. The Huns were the "mongols" of their era.

You should probably educate yourself a bit more about the Huns. The Hunnic Empire controlled more land, more people, and more settlements than all of the nations listed in this Poll combined!

I know plenty about the Huns. I'm currently studying them in graduate school actually. While fascinating, their empire was ephemeral--here today, gone tomorrow.

They entered a region, extorted money from the locals, burned their cities... and then moved on to the next region. They weren't true conquerors, they didn't stay to administer the regions they devastated. And while they ravaged lands stretching from China to the Roman Empire, they certainly did not do so all at the same time. (And unlike the Huns, the Mongols at least had the decency to stick around and govern for a while.) ;) So your assertion about them "controlling more land, more people, and more settlements than all of the nations listed in this Poll combined" doesn't exactly hold water.

I reaffirm my previous challenge: give me a proper Hunnic city list. A Hun unique building.

Educate yourself, buddy. :crazyeye:

While fascinating, their empire was ephemeral--here today, gone tomorrow.

You're referring to the closed minded EUROPEAN's point of view. The origins of the people come from north-central asia, perhaps as far as China. Just because their first 1,000+ years of existence is missing from European history books doesn't mean they don't deserve their due recognition.

You're referring to the closed minded EUROPEAN's point of view. The origins of the people come from north-central asia, perhaps as far as China. Just because their first 1,000 years of existence is missing from European history books doesn't mean they don't deserve their due recognition.

I've also studied their existence in the east fairly extensively. They didn't exactly have a constructive impact on civilization as the Xiongnu either, assuming they and the later "Huns" were related peoples.

Just so you know, Chinese historians are even less kind in their treatment of the Huns than Roman historians are.

Call that "close-minded," or "European" or whatever you want. I notice you're still dancing around my challenge... where's that city list? That's a prerequisite to being in a Civ game.

So... no city list. Yes, I see.

You're obviously trolling now, and I'm done rising to your bait.

So... no city list. Yes, I see.

You're obviously trolling now, and I'm done rising to your bait.

Are you claiming that there were no settlements within the Hunnic Empire? That's what it sounds like to me.

An empire this large http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Huns_empire.png

Hungary is named after the Huns, btw.

For all we know, the Huns could be the fathers of the Russians, Ukrainians, and more.

Some have even suggested that the Huns founded the Han dynasty. The Huns are much MUCH bigger than what you give them credit for. Just because the majority of their history is absent from European history books means nothing. The majority of Iroquois and Aztec history is also missing from European history books.

Sumerians

were in both Civ3 and Civ4

the moors aren't very well known for having a civilization, either. i'm pretty sure the first time i ever even heard of them was in a martin lawrence movie.

Have you heard of the Amoravids? The Almohads? Al-Andalus (and Muslim Spain)?

actually they have an entire chapter on the history of the aztecs in history books and without it they wouldn't be in the game. the huns really weren't as amazingly important as you would like us to believe also. they destroyed an extremely overstretched, aging, and dying empire with the help of the visigoths. the fact that hungary is named after them doesn't mean much either. they went pillaging as barbarians do when Attila took power then broke apart when he died. the mongols stayed around and even expanded further after Genghis Khan died and they founded the Yuan dynasty in China which was in power from the 1300's to the 1600's when they were overthrown by the Ming dynasty.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the Huns are the true founders of Moscow.

on the link you gave shows that moscow would be on the very edges of attila's territory so no they did not found moscow. in fact the first mention of moscow by anyone is more than 500 years after attila's death

actually they have an entire chapter on the history of the aztecs in history books. the huns really weren't as amazingly important as you would like us to believe also. they destroyed an extremely overstretched, aging, and dying empire with the help of the visigoths. the fact that hungary is named after them doesn't mean much either. they went pillaging as barbarians do when Attila took power then broke apart when he died. the mongols stayed around and even expanded further after Genghis Khan died and they founded the Yuan dynasty in China which was in power from the 1300's to the 1600's when they were overthrown by the Ming dynasty.

Yeah, the Huns have all the flaws of the Mongols without the benefits. Atilla was a dynamic leader, but the Empire rose and fell with his life and left little but stories in its wake.

The EU is made up of several countries, many of which have disagreements with eachother.

witch is why i said "un realistic" jokes on you now haha :lol:

j/k

I voted for Assyrians. For me interesting too AKKADIANs, Sargon the Great (23rd century BC). Greatest ruler.

I voted for Assyrians. For me interesting too AKKADIANs, Sargon the Great (23rd century BC). Greatest ruler.

greatest ruler of the assyrians or everyone?

Top Bottom