Build your own religion

I most certainly am not a member of the self-denying religion.

Did you know that the most important practice of the self-denying religion is denying your own membership?
Are you then both a member and not a member? Either, both, neither, both and neither, neither both nor either....are all acceptable. And will both qualify and disqualify you from membership, should you so wish. Or not.

I face life and death on their own terms. I don't believe in blowing sunshine up anyone's ass just to make them feel that life has some transcendent meaning.
I appreciate the challenging spirit.... But to face something on its own terms you have to know what you are facing and I get the feeling you dont realy know what life and death are. Sure you know the human part of the story but just becouse the humans are most developed part of terrestrial creation it doesnt make them right...
I stand by my point that eternal bliss would quickly turn into eternal boredom, even if it takes millions of years to become bored. The more I think about it, the more I realize that heaven/nirvana/whatever is an utterly childish fantasy and a cheap sales pitch.
Again you dont realy know what eternal/infinite bliss is. It is the agent (supposedly) which triggered the creation of universe. So childlish fantasy would be rather coming to conclusions on very limited data and knowledge...

Honestly, I think the best deal would combine reincarnation with a world without poverty. After all, the only problem with being reincarnated is the high chance of being born into some third world hellhole. Also, a lack of interventionist deities would be nice too.
I red somewhere that if humans where the creators of the world then they would created more ideal world but it would have served entirely different purpose...

Yes, I like the idea of reincarnation. What has intrigued me though is why people always think that they will be reincarnated at some future date. Rather than an earlier one(!). I see no reason to suppose it will be either. I have no information about this matter. Do you?

From what I know: Earth is en evolutionary place but its realy an evolution of involved Spirit in Matter; so what scientist describe as evolution of life and species is just small part of that...
the Spirit in the form of individual soul proceeds from Matter to Life(plants, animals) to Mind (humans) and beyond to its original form (future..), humans being somewhat intermediate stage...
Already Celts has believed that after death you go to the other side(souls world) where you take rest and after some time(about 6 years, that however varies greatly) the soul incarnates again.
During the process the soul keeps quintessence of its experiences and slowly acquires mastery over the Nature and is able to assert itself, realise and reveal its true self, God.

Somehow I doubt you know any more about a spiritual dimension than anyone else. The material is all we know, so I live according to that. Life doesn't need to be over-complicated with unnecessary assumptions.

Somehow I doubt you know any more about a spiritual dimension than anyone else. The material is all we know, so I live according to that. Life doesn't need to be over-complicated with unnecessary assumptions.
To be honest I know very little. But there are (have been)others who know and I am trying to learn...
If you find something unnecessary thats fine, everyone is right in following his way.

Spoiler :
What are life and death?

What makes us think we are the most developed part of terrestial creation?

What are eternal/infinite bliss?

The very best fantasies are childish.

What makes you think that the child is not the pinacle of human consciousness?

Please answer briefly from your own first hand experience.

I most certainly am not a member of the self-denying religion.

Did you know that the most important practice of the self-denying religion is denying your own membership?

Are you then both a member and not a member? Either, both, neither, both and neither, neither both nor either....are all acceptable. And will both qualify and disqualify you from membership, should you so wish. Or not.
Quantum membership. I like it.
What makes you think that the child is not the pinnacle of human consciousness?
Nothing. Being a child is the pinnacle of human consciousness. You're not troubled by experience, knowledge or preconceived notions.

Either that or the in-between stage of adolescents. They have the knowledge but haven't had it for long enough to have it warped their world view. They have little responsibility which is good since that also limits options.

What's called esoterics? Hmmm. Anyway:

Spoiler :
Now my co-mates and brothers in exile,
Hath not old custom made this life more sweet
Than that of painted pomp? Are not these woods
More free from peril than the envious court?
Here feel we not the penalty of Adam,
The seasons’ difference, as the icy fang
And churlish chiding of the winter’s wind,
Which when it bites and blows upon my body
Even till I shrink with cold, I smile and say
‘This is no flattery; these are counsellors
That feelingly persuade me what I am’?
Sweet are the uses of adversity,
Which, like the toad, ugly and venomous,
Wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt,
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones, and good in everything.

Religion is the greatest practical joke mankind has ever played on himself. I want no part of it. :p

@holy king Your answer, sir, is cryptic. Do you mean a religion that makes itself?

@ spider1 And what, I query, is wrong with practical jokes?

What are life and death?
Two chambers. In one you play in the other you take rest.

What makes us think we are the most developed part of terrestial creation?
developed mind

What are eternal/infinite bliss?
short answer: I dont know.

The very best fantasies are childish.
Childlike?

What makes you think that the child is not the pinacle of human consciousness?
If you mean simplicity, purity and souls light, then yes.

Religion is the greatest practical joke mankind has ever played on himself. I want no part of it. :p

Religion is not practical joke but human self-styled love of ignorance certainly is an you are in :)

Reasons to be cynical 27-53
Spoiler :
27. People who use pretentious French words
28. bores
29. boors
30. weasels
31. barracudas
32. pedophile priests
33. leeches
34. internal parasites
35. investment bankers
36. old-money snobs
37. new-money snobs
38. fashion snobs
39. food snobs
40. health-and-fitness snobs
41. “I’m hipper than you’ll ever be in your dreams” snobs
42. upwardly-mobile career snobs
43. “team players”
44. negotiators
45. the fine print
46. broken contracts
47. overbooked flights
48. cancelled concerts
49. annulled marriages
50. returned gifts
51. recalled automobiles
52. planned obsolescence
53. knowing that your two-year-old $2000 computer is now a mere toy.

(I must say I feature in this list much more frequently than I would like.)

Like. Might you not play at rest?
Change of work is rest. The question is: do you want to?

Can you name another organism without a developed mind?
There are lot of animals who have developed mind. Most of the higher mamals and others. But in human being the mind is capable of analytic thinking or you could say to search for truth.

Or just children's?
Childs consciousness is not by itself very developed but since its not limited by earthbound mind the souls beauty can be easily seen.
I am sure you know the difference between childlike and childlish.

Top Bottom