Pre-FC/CrezNES Thread: 1836

1. USA (long shot, I know)
2. Russia
3. Netherlands
4. Prussia
5. The UK

I don't seriously expect to get any of these except maybe the Netherlands but eh, may as well try.

Tentative application. :p

1. Mexico (Get certain neighbours back to the fold, eh, stuff? American hegemon maybe? Okay no but I could try...)
2. Bolivia (Maintain territorial integrity. I mean, seriously. I mean, I'm not gonna lose Atacama or Gran Chaco or anything else if I can help it)
3. Sardinia-Piedmont (Italian unification, of course. I love determinism)
4. Bavaria (Maybe remain independent?)
5. Spain (Hmm... keeping the colonies should suffice, but getting some more land in Africa would be great. :3)

1. Paraguay
2. Serbia
3. Austria
4. France
5. Russia

For all of these countries, I plan to take a more liberal, nation building approach rather than conquest. If I get France, (Which I seriously doubt) I will create colonies sure, but I will do my best to ensure the natives are treated fairly. But with every nation I play as, the government will take a progressive role in insuring the country's future.

Not in order, I want to play them all equally. :p
1. Kingdom of the Two Sicilies(Survival, maybe Italian Unification)
2. Republic of Texas(Survival.)
3. Peru(Possibly unite with Bolivia to stand against the Brazilians, Chileans and Argentinians)
4. Bolivia(Possibly unite with Peru to stand against the Brazilians, Chileans and Argentinians)
5. Kingdom of Tuscany(Survival.)

I'll go with.

1. Egypt (attempt to maintain independence and modernize)
2. Argentina (focus on economic development with the goal on trying to become one of the wealthiest nations on the planet. Also attempt focus on increased immigration)
3. Russia (Tsar of all Slavs)
4. Persia (attempt to maintain independence and modernize)
5. Mexico (push back the gringo and develop Mexico as the primary power in North America)
6. Sweden (attempt to forge a Scandinavian culture/nationalism to develop the region into a significant power to disrupt the European balance of power)

Overall I tend to prefer general isolation and internal development which these countries tend to favour. The order isn't particularly set (and has changed 10 times while writing this post) and I'd be happy with any of those.

The United States of Central America's name translates better as the Federal Republic of Central America.

Съ нами Богъ
Gott mitt uns
E pluribus unum
天下
دولت ابد مدت

1. USA (in character the Jacksonians hamstring me a bit; probably raw territorial aggrandizement and adventurism, hurtle myself towards inevitable clash between north industrialists and southern agriculture even faster than in OTL. If the whigs get power, the sky is the limit on the amount of Hamiltonian wanking and dixie skull crushing I can fit in)

2. Qing Empire (maintenance of Manchu power through suitable male heirs, strong Confucian orthodoxy to please literati...the rest, I dunno, it depends on how things play out, the Qing are complicated in their awful situation)
3. Mexico (Santa Anna chokes on a taco and dies)
4. New Granada (move all the mountains to Venezuela, embalm Simon Bolivar's body, oppress more Indians, find way to be exploited by all relevant imperial powers)
5. Great Britain (copy/paste from wikipedia and Cambridge History of England)

• France: Have the July Monarchy's reforms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charter_of_1830) take deeper root, slowly widening enfranchisement, and very cautiously moving towards more inclusive government. Slowly move towards more stable parliamentarism. Not sure what foreign policy is but for now we'll be internally focused.
  • Russian empire- development of infrastructure- railway and telegraphs. Develop eastern frontier. Internationally, play a more quiet role in European and imperial/world affairs- more isolationist- at least for the time being.
  • United States of America. Focus on the western frontier and pacification/destruction of the indian tribes. Support Texas in its rebellion and win territorial concessions from Mexico.
  • Republic of Gran Colombia- Reunificationist loyal to General Rafael Urdaneta and to the vision of Bolivar look to Venezuela and Ecuador as break-away provinces. The war with Ecuador has won back some territory but a new vision is required for Venezuela
  • Mexico- don't sign the seven laws. Uphold the 1824 constitution. Return Texas. Santa Anna doesn't become a centralist/conservative and upholds his original Liberalist loyalties.
  • Persia- Balance influence from Britain and Russia against each other to Persia's benefit. Potentially find new allies to reopen hostilities with Russia and reverse the treaty of Turkmenchay.

1. ALL POWERFUL EMPIRE OF GREAT MUEANG THAI/SIAM-In this year of 1836, Great Mueang Thai is in a favorable position. The ascension of His Majesty King Borommarachathirat Ramathibodi in 1824 has led to a massive resurgence in Siamese power. Since then, the King has consolidated his rule over the Siamese territories, crushed and incorporated the Lao territories, and sign multiple treaties with western powers while maintaining a strong balance of power in the region. General Siamese goals for the future would be to acquire British Mergui through whatever means necessary [even cooperate with Burma for a short time; they can get Arakan, Assam, and Manipur back]. After that, Great Siam will reclaim the Shan States from vile Konbaung Burma, maybe sack Ava in retaliation for 1767, fully incorporate the remaining Lao Kingdoms into Mueang Thai, install a proper Thai vassal onto the Cambodian throne then incorporate them sometime later, provoke and poke at Việt Nam, then when Mueang Thai gets stronger than they are, and when colonial Europeans start poking at and shooting the Việts, conquer the Central Highlands, South-Central Coast, Southeast, and Mekong Delta [all modern names, too lazy to look up Việtnamese names, Mueang Thai ftw]. After all this has been accomplished, and Siam/Mueang Thai [I will make it Mueang Thai, just you wait] has expanded to become a decently awesome state, the King incumbent will henceforth be named the ridiculously long and awesome title: Čhakroprǭndi Hæng Thangmot Thai Prachātnok Satrik` Ong Thangmot Thai Yai Khēmra Lāo Læ Prachātna Chāo Malāyūk Satri Hæng Čhampā Phū Banchākān Thahān Sūngsut Khǭng Krǣn Sayām Kǭngthap. During this arduous, difficult, and probably ridiculously impossible military process, the Great King of Mueang Thai will also embark on a modernization program, but NOT westernization. Those stupid Westerners can keep their silly customs, religion, and republics for all Siam cares, but Great Mueang Thai will retain all of its Glorious Eastern Culture. Western technology, though, is favorable for Siam.

2. Königreich Bayern-Make bier and mess around with dat army. Have fun watching Prussia and Austria kill each other.

三。徳川幕府-WILL DO

4. Confederación Argentina-Kill neighbors, acquire Patagonia, grow cows, win. Agroindustrialize? Is that even a thing?

5. Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek Kraljevina Srbija-Free the oppressed brethren. Don't get crushed by Austria or the Ottomans, or both. Not to mention remove Kebab. Lot's of Kebab.

Will get my real application details in after dinner.

Also, sad there's no Transvaal. :( That would be incredibly amusing (and short-lived) :p.

Changed 3. Königreich Preußen to Việt Nam and then จักรวรรดิสยาม and then switched จักรวรรดิสยาม and 徳川幕府 around.

1. Republic of Texas (Because I want a challenge and it would be awesome to take Texas to superpower status.)
2. USA (Support Texas and protect Democracy within North America. Screw the world.)

None. If I don't get any of the above 2 I am fine and will simply lurk. The other countries simply do not hold my attention enough for me to devote much time to them.

Alright, let's try this.

1. Bolivia (Take a tiny backwards country, attempt to modernise, leverage mineral resources into money for industrialisation, industrialise somewhat, maintain territorial integrity in Atacama and the Gran Chaco, attempt to maintain territorial integrity in Acre though if thats not feasible sell it to Brazil, attract European immigration, and hopefully by ~1936 be regarded as a modern industrial nation a la Argentina OTL)
2. Bavaria (Industrialise and militarise, attempt to unite Southern Germany under me in order to resist both Prussian and Austrian influence in South Germany, possibly unite Germany but thats a long project.
3. Federal Republic of Central America (maintain national unity, crush separatists, attract immigration from Europe, industrialise properly)
4. Serbia (Escape grip of the Worst Turk smell, Remove Kebab from premises)
5. Korea (modernise, escape Japanese and Chinese influence, leverage natural resources for industrialisation and modernisation)

Quick question about supply costs in the stats:

Army Upkeep

The square root of the army supply percentage indicates how much of the following base upkeep costs you pay per year per unit:

Infantry: 1 Supply/year
Cavalry: 4.5 Supply/year
Artillery: 100 Supply/year
Irregular: 0.75 Supply/year

Let me check if I parsed this correctly. If I have 100% supply percentage, and a Supply cost of P, then for every Infantry unit I pay sqrt(100)/100 *1*P pounds a year?

Every artillery unit sqrt(100)/100 * 100*P a year?

Is that the correct interpretation?

Let me check if I parsed this correctly. If I have 100% supply percentage, and a Supply cost of P, then for every Infantry unit I pay sqrt(100)/100 *1*P pounds a year?

Every artillery unit sqrt(100)/100 * 100*P a year?

Is that the correct interpretation?

I wasn't very clear, I'll be sure to fix that.

The formula is SQRT(SUPPLY/100)*P*Maintenance, where maintenance is the upkeep cost. Considering the Supply/100 value will always be equal to or less than 1, this amounts to an exponential grade.

1. Belgium
2. Portugal
3. Two Sicilies
4. Sweden
5. Brazil

Frankly, I'll gladly play wherever works/needs someone to play.

In order:

1. Sardinia-Piedmont (being an Italian citizen, I want to unite Italy and mold it into a world power)
2. Netherlands (trying to hold together a colonial empire)
3. Korea (trying to modernize and throw out foreign influence)
4. Persia (trying to pit Britain and Russia against each other while modernizing)
5. Egypt (similar to above, trying to throw out England, France, and Turkey as well as modernize).

1. France (Begin instituting reform at a local level, liberalize relations with the general public; support industry and private business to the fullest degree possible while whittling away at the power of the Legitimistes and other monarchist/proto-reactionary political factions. Intervene in the Carlist Wars and the ongoing Belgian Revolution at the earliest possible opportunity. Use past reforms as a base to push further reform and liberalization and reconcile the new House of Orleans July Monarchy with republican elements within the military and the general public, eschew Bonapartists, and adjust as necessary should the situation become destabilized)
2. Brazil (Modernize and industrialize, import professionals from Europe and establish proper relations with European monarchies vis a vis rehabilitation of Brazil's imperial house after the split with Portugal, push Brazil as a power on the continent, develop a respectable army and navy, etc)
3. Spain (Recruit aid from the European powers to defeat the Carlist rebels and go about the business of fully modernizing Spain as a liberal, parliamentary state, expand influence in Morocco and Algeria as well as reform colonial governance in Cuba/the Caribbean and the Philippines as necessary, purge undesirable proto-reactionary elements within the government and establish a modern state)
4. Argentina
5. Portugal

wow this has been signed up fast, like dang, ive been gone for what 9 hours due to marching band, and this already has how many sign ups.

Anyways on to mine :D

1. Prussia (unite the German peoples into one united Industrial Superpower, the likes the world has never seen)
2. Mexico (Reclaim the Mexcian Empire, make it a force similar to the USA in the West)
3. Brazil (Keep the Empire strong, Be the USA of South America)
4. Austria (Keep the Habsburg Dynasty strong, attempt to restore the HRE or Unite the People of the Danube into the United States of Greater Austria/Danube Federation)
5. Colombia Republic of the New Granada (Gran-Colombia, nuff said)

Crezth, it appears from Wikipedia that the main party of reactionaries in Bavaria - who OTL came to power in 1837 - were known as "Ultramontanes", which you might like to take account of in the stats.

Top Bottom