Pre-FC/CrezNES Thread: 1836

1. Korea (Korea is fated to become great! China, and Japan. Give Korea some love man! Anywho, I'll participate in China's court much more than Korea did in real life, and use what little influence I have there to gain legitimacy. Meanwhile, I'll try to get aid by posing as a friendly port of call for influencing China.)
2. Haiti (The United States have betrayed the Revolution. We are the true heirs of Liberalism. And we mean that entirely unironically while we crush revolt and rebellion. We will try to attract black immigration from the South and revitalize our Sugar Plantations. "Plantation Labor" will be an oft-used punishment in our new criminal system. And the Spanish and the French. Esperanto is the way to go. Debts? What Debts? They don't exist. Not anymore.)
3. Paraguay (Paraguay is just cool. Anyhow, I'm gonna go full Spartan-Republican society here. It is clearly in our manifest destiny to conquer all of South America! Eventually. Somehow. It's sorta a long term goal, yaknow?)
4.Bavaria (Pfff, Unify Germany? Are you high? Drink some wine and listen to some music. What, the French are invading? Are you high? They'll get kicked out soon enough, by the Austrians and the Prussians and the Russians and what have you. Now stand, for it's time to dance!)
5. Sikh Empire (Turbans are cool, I guess. Now they are mandatory for all Indians. And we'll have to conquer them to enforce this. Oh sure, they don't have to be Sikhs. But they have to wear the turban, damnit.)

All apps written in character.

1. United Kingdom - Balance of Power!
2. Haiti - Black Power!
3. Switzerland - Bank Power!?
4. The Dual Monarchy - Great Power!?
5. Denmark - Pork Power!

1. United Kingdom - Balance of Power!
2. Haiti - Black Power!
3. Switzerland - Bank Power!?
4. The Dual Monarchy - Great Power!?
5. Denmark - Pork Power!

Yes :3

1. Austrian Empire: Foreign Policy hedging for a balance of power favourable to Austrian interests. Domestically the intention is to run the course for Catholic monarchy yet hedge for a more federal system (rather than committing to a dual monarchy) as a historical deviance from OTL and see how a federalised Austria would endure and work on the world stage.
  2. Kingdom of France: To bring France down the alternate route of an enduring monarchy by balancing orleanist and conservative interests, and aiming for the marginalisation of Republicanism through appeal to these interests, the unifying power of the Church, and through various fiscal means. Ultimately the desire is to see how France could of been in an alternate scenario where the monarchy stayed the course.
  3. Sardinia Piedmont: Gloriously unify Italy and see if the Papal upstarts are any good at their job :p
  4. Papal States: Proven Papal Record and to survive, enough said.
  5. Qing Empire: Push back the foreign devils, stabilise the regime and renew the imperial system through judicious reform of the bureaucracy and promotion of Chinese industrial technological potential

-

Not top five, but would be interested in playing if top five are taken

Spoiler :
:Russia, to run an expansionist tsarist Empire
:United Kingdom, to go down an alternate oligarchical, potentially plutocratic, path where the industrialist/aristocratic classes establish a monopoly on political power and liberalisation does not proceed, entrenching the gentry system that existed in Britain during this period.

Here are the reservations I've been able to place so far. I made these decisions based on how critical it was that certain powers be filled, on the quality of the applications, on the reputations of the players, and, in some cases, in the interest of getting everybody into a slot that was in their top 5.

Naturally, those who did not have 5 different nation choices gave me less flexibility. So, I'm sorry, germanicus, but I could not find a slot for you.

Anyway, here we go:

Nation Name | Best Applicant
United Kingdom|Masada
France|Thlayli
Russia|Kraznaya
Prussia|Frozen_In_ice
Netherlands|Arrow
USA|Azale
Austria|Shadowbound
Belgium|theDright
Sweden|merciary
Denmark|DC123456789
Ottomans|mt cicero
Spain|The_Machine
Two Sicilies|Gem Hound
Sardinia-Piedmont|mrrandomplayer
Portugal|Ophorian
Mexico|JoanK
Brazil|Lord of Elves
Bavaria|spryllino
Qing Empire|Nuke
Japan|Symphony D.
Korea|terrance
Sikh Empire|SouthernKing
Egypt|Justo
Papal States|Jehoshua
Argentina|Tsoate
Chile|das
New Granada|Terran Emperor
Peru|ork75
Ecuador| free
Venezuela|Nivyi
Uruguay| free
Paraguay|ChineseWarlord
Bolivia|Grandkhan
US of Central America|madviking
Texas|Chiefdesigner
Switzerland| free
Serbia|talonschild
Haiti| free
Persia|Immaculate
Burma| free
Viet Nam|BILLSIF
Siam|Bair_the_normal
Greece|christos200
East India Company|Luckymoose

As you can see, countries that are absolutely free are: Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Uruguay, Switzerland, Haiti, and Burma. That means if you're out there and want to play one of these countries, you have a good chance of getting them. You may still apply for any of the other countries, of course, but that's mostly all sorted out.

Now this isn't set in stone, you guys can swap reservations or whatever, this is just how we look right now.

Alright. I'm confirming Persia for now but I'm also looking to hop to one of my top five choices if they become available due to drop-outs or whatever.

Alright. I'm confirming Persia for now but I'm also looking to hop to one of my top five choices if they become available due to drop-outs or whatever.

Yeah, sorry about that. I just wanted to fit as many people in as possible. Rest assured if a higher priority decision becomes available (and that goes for everyone), you'll be moved up.

Thanks for being understanding.

Choices 1-3 are basically equal. Goals for all possible choices are in PM.
1. Peru
2. Paraguay
3. Argentina

Ork75 put Argentina at choice 3.
I put it at choice 1.
Is there any chance you could give him his first choice any myself my first choice? I promise I will not let this NES down in my deployment.

I put it at choice 1.
Is there any chance you could give him his first choice any myself my first choice? I promise I will not let this NES down in my deployment.

well if peru is free, that I would assume you would be able to take it.

Confirming New Granada for Now, I may hop onto Argentina if Ork takes Peru

oops sorry I didnt realize that ^ was not Ork :p Im sticking with New Granada.

I put it at choice 1.

Ah! To be honest I completely forgot about you. Okay. Since Ork75 prioritized those three first choices all the same, I'll move him to Peru and give you Argentina.

I confirm Greece. Long live King Otto!!!

Confirming Sweden.

Top Bottom