Pre-StockNES

too late for hyderabad to post orders ? ? :sad:

Although they're not as powerful as some of my other options, I think I will claim France.

To: The World

We officially lay claim to all territory held by the French State before the collapse of civilization. However, we are not interested in annihilation, we will negotiate.

To: Bavaria

We seek no hostility with you. In fact, we seek friendship. Our knowledge of the past is limited, but we know that before the great collapse the German and French people were friends. However, we wish to inform you that you have gained control of all the land that is German. We merely seek to gain control of the land that is French, including the French speaking regions formerly in Belgium. Beyond that, we will not bother you if you do not bother us.

To: England

Get out!

To: Lombard League

We will overlook your current gains into French territory if you focus your efforts elsewhere.

Iraq - Bair_the_Normal
Government: Military Dictatorship-leaning
Colour: Brown
Size: Secondary Power
Economic Policies: 1 AG, 1 IG
Military Policies: 1 Army, 1 E>M

Spoiler :
Economic Policy:

-Agricultural Growth

Military Policy:

-Emphasize Army:

Strengthen the Glorious Iraqi Army so that it may better protect the great Iraqi peoples from imperialist pig threats from abroad.

-Emphasize Tech Branch

Advancement: Get!

Wars of Aggression:

Invade North Iran to acquire the historically Kurdish and Azeri territories currently under Tehran's control. The march on the Zagros will be difficult, but the great compassion and loyalty of our Grand Army will be sure to prevail in liberating the oppressed Kurdish and Azeri peoples under monarchical tyranny. Two main goals will be outlined, the (former) cities of Sanandaj and Erdabil.

Expansion:

Get to Egypt before Turkey does. We're closer, yo. Besides, what kind of ports and navy could Turkey possibly have this soon? Continue up the Mediterranean coast to Damietta and secure the Nile Delta, and move southwards from there. Occupy the entire Sinai and begin military occupation and clearing of the Suez Canal, probably destroyed and absolutely a wreck right now, but a key location nonetheless.

Expand to take over whatever part of the two rivers aren't taken by the Caucasian Federation yet. Move westwards to check further Turkish expansion.

-We can move down the Persian Gulf perhaps to the Qatar Peninsula. Not a huge priority.

Hyderabad - bonefang
Government: Liberal Monarchy-leaning
Colour: Dark Purple
Size: Secondary Power
Economic Policies: 1 AG
Military Policies: 1 Army, 1 TB

Economic Policies
- 1 points into Agriculture.
With the growing populace, we need to ensure more fertile lands and more sources of food, i.e. the coastal zones to ensure a proper supply of food. A centralized department has been set up, which would look into the distribution of food items, all across the nation.

Military Policies
1 Point - Emphasize tech branch

1 Point - Emphasize Army
More importance is given in training the current regiments, to bring them up to battle readiness.

War of Aggression:
N/A

Settlement and Expansion:
Expand northwards along the coast into Orissa and Bengal Region.
Expand south to the Indian Peninsula.

:cringe:

I've been gone since Christmas around noon. Great timing for me I guess. I can't guarantee any orders until sometime tomorrow though. That won't be a problem I hope? To be entirely honest, I would love another day or two beyond that to get some diplomacy with key individuals taken care of, though I won't insist.

Albeit extremely delayed I will say that

We accept your offer for scientific collaboration.

Diplomacy:

From Russia
To France

We have gone to the trouble to send a messanger to you because ideologically we are natural allies. We fully support your quest to reunify France into the one nation it rightfully should be, even if we disagree with the Catholicism and later secularism of your people.

In the current climate, I fear we will not be able to meaningfully help each other. However, for the sake of symbolic comradeship I propose a free trade agreement (even if it will matter little in practice), and an agreement that if the two Germanies invade either of us we shall work together to defeat them.

Stories:
The first thing I suggested I should do is some in-character work for Dobrynin. The problem is Dobrynin is meant to be master of the emtional invective, whereas I... am not. I've decided to work around this in a manner which reveals more of Dobrynin's character.

Context of Notes on the Future of Our State
Before his death in 2139, Dobrynin's prestige was considerable. He was considered the best hope of the Theocrats, who wished to maintain a large portion of their power whilst fending off both Technocracy and Democracy as ideologies. Dobryninism was the official ideology of the state, and many constitutional amendments had been passed within Dobrynin's lifetime on his recommendation. Because of this, his death was greatly mourned.

As revealed from the Notes, Dobrynin was in the habit of first laying out everything for himself then creating emotional invectives later. Although he had never intended them to be, the Notes were published and had political impact on those around him. The result was that Dobrynin would inject one last burst of power into Russian Nationalism before his death. Unlike his life, this was on his prestige alone. Being made for himself and carefully concealed, the Notes reveal Dobrynin's "true self".

Notes on the Future of Our State
The course of the current Government worries me. The basic principle that we should give up on parts of our country in order to take parts of greater priorities is, of course, sound- how could it not be? However, it is a principle which is easily open to subversion and rationalisation.

Bit by bit, although we still say the right things in principle Russia is turning away from the proper course in practice. This has been going on for years now. First, we recognised the Far Eastern Republic in all but name. Second, we withdraw from Caucasia. Third, we withdraw from the Baltic States. Despite all the government's noise, it's clear we're not going to be doing anything about them.

I fear this is my fault- I should have taken a government Ministry when I had the chance. I would never have been able to get so many amendments passed that way as a party politician, but I might have averted this problem and saved our country. Now, I am close to death and it is too late.

Petros, I know you're going to read through my notes when I die, starting in your usual fashion with this one. I beg of you, please leave the rest of the notes untouched. Burn them, ideally. I will not use my normal incentives on you- you are cunning enough that you would see right through them. But would you not respect the last wishes of your dying father and leave my privacy be?

However, as a final gift I make you a secret prediction. You may be a second-rate politician, but with this you could achieve something. I did not give this to you in person because if you were responsible enough to look through my notes then it proves you are man of honour of integrity and will get over your lust for fame and glory. I very much hope this is the case, but I doubt it.

The Russian government may talk big about reclaiming our lost lands, but really they don't care. What they really want is to expand their land and power as much as possible. Examine their every move closely, and discern their every hypocrisy. Make this appear to be your own doing, and you will make your own name in the world.

Of the agendas of the others, here are my own private thoughts for you.

The Theocrats are cowards and fools. Descended from a Church not used to wielding power, they are terrified they will end up like the Tsar or the Soviets unless they give it all up. They are good for their role, but a poor choice of allies.

The Technocrats are my greatest disappointment. The civil service are not to blame for their lack of ability, but they are to blame for not exercising more independence. Petros, you should make these your power base for the future.

The Democrats are still plagued by the Populists, and will be for generations to come. Though the Populists are evil, you cannot stand against them. Nor can you join them- Aleksandrov distrusts you, and will interpret any attempt of yours to join them as me scheming from beyond the grave. Until Aleksandrov is dead, this branch of government is lost to those of sound mind. After his death, perhaps something can be done.

The rural elites and the Populists are as one, as the Populists have bribed them. The urban elites have been bribed by the enemies of the Populists. These two sides will continue to fight for the future of Russia. Aleksandrov is a skilled operator, and made the right decision in choosing the rural course. I know you will be tempted to ingratiate yourself to him, but if you do that you will be choosing the path of evil and political self-destruction.

I beg you, Petros, please do not read any further. Do as your old man says just this one.

-Dobrynin

To: Russia

Although we sympathize with your cause, your methods disturb us. Your reckless diplomacy with the the world means that by allying ourselves with you we will only drag ourselves into war. Also, we have no desire to threaten the Germans, and such an agreement would pose a clear threat to Germany. Finally, in this day and age your proposals are simply not practical. We have too many issues to deal with right here in the motherland before we can consider agreements with a state so far away in good conscience, even a state with a similar worldview.

We bid you adieu.

Although they're not as powerful as some of my other options, I think I will claim France.

To: The World

We officially lay claim to all territory held by the French State before the collapse of civilization. However, we are not interested in annihilation, we will negotiate.

We seek no hostility with you. In fact, we seek friendship. Our knowledge of the past is limited, but we know that before the great collapse the German and French people were friends. However, we wish to inform you that you have gained control of all the land that is German. We merely seek to gain control of the land that is French, including the French speaking regions formerly in Belgium. Beyond that, we will not bother you if you do not bother us.

To: England

Get out!

To: Lombard League

We will overlook your current gains into French territory if you focus your efforts elsewhere.

France
Government: Military Dictatorship-leaning
Colour: Light Gray
Size: Minor Power

There will be a rule change: Minor Powers are no longer eligible for players to play. If your country is demoted to a Minor Power, you’ll have to pick another one. Minor Powers will not be bolded in the stats. Therefore, the following is the full list of available countries as of right now:

Now, this is entirely not because I'm playing England, I swear.

Well that's no fun. Requesting exemption because reasons that are probably obvious.

Just pointing out the rules. An exemption would certainly make things interesting for me, and I do love me a challenge. :D

EDIT: Also, if Stockholme allows an exemption, I'd like to request some form of extension for orders so I can revise them. A player controlling France alters the situation entirely.

I don't think an exemption should occur here, for the sake of fairness. Apologies I made a mistake, and requesting my Russia dialogue get retconned out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Structure of "Noyvaya Russia"
"Noyvaya Russia" was a word of no legal meaning, but in popular slang was used to refer to the changed Russian state post-2100. In slang terminology, the clash was between "Noyvaya Russia", which meant the Russian structure pre-reform, and "Dobrynin's Russia", which was the Russia post-reforms. "Alexsandrov's Russia" was a third structure which was known to involve a purely democratic and secular Russia and which thus needs no explanation.

The nominal head of Novaya Russia was the Patriarch of the Orthodox Church, chosen for life in a system based broadly off the Papal one. The Patriarch had control of independent Church income and could even levy Church taxes. Church taxes were in practice unnecessary as the Patriarch could also levy a "Military Tax" in theory, and take as much of Parliament's budget as he wanted to fund the army. In practice, the Patriarch did not do this as he was afraid of revolt. Finally, he controlled the Russian military, appointed Russia's generals, and could veto all matters of policies.

The Russian Duma (or Parliament) also had significant power within Russia. The Duma controlled Russia's economic policy, though subject to Patriarchal veto. Political parties existed, but they were loose alliances with defections being frequent. Alexsandrov was an MP at this time, beginning to found the Populist Party on powerful speeches against the system.

The "elites" behind the world could be divided into two groups- urban and rural. Technically there were other power bases as well, but the Church and Civil Service had in common that power within them was (relatively) centralised around their respective heads.

The urban elites consisted mostly of wealthy factory owners, who had borrowed money from the government then sucesfully paid it back later. The other area were the owners of newspapers, who controlled popular opinion. These interests tended to support the restoration of "Old Russia" both in capitalism and urban emphasis, as this fitted their interests. Newspapers were pro-democratic as this would increase their power immensely, whilst factory owners were ambivalent about it.

The rural elites were, naturally, far more decentralised. Nominally speaking, each one had it's own democratically elected Local Govermment. In practice, conditions varied as to who was really in charge- sometimes the local Priest had real authority (though he was still answerable to the Church), sometimes it really was a town democracy, sometimes the Local Government were elected Politicians. In other places, the town buisnessmen took control.

Despite this, the rural interests considered theirs naturally opposed to the city. This was because of support for what they called "New Russia", a Russia with more emphasis on rural areas than the cities. They were considerably more pro-democracy than the cities, as they had most of the people, and argued that rather than chase long-term dreams the country should focus on the prosperity of the rural regions.

This was the state of affairs exactly one year before Dobrynin came onto the scene. After this, things began to change bit by bit.

I won't be making an exception with less than 24 hours to the deadline. But besides, tiny France is not worthy of Gamez' leadership (they are so small I don't have a good system to measure settlement and policies etc) - if you'd like, you can send orders for another country this turn, and I'd make a note to reserve France if it becomes a secondary power next turn.

-

Speaking of which, there are about 20 hours until the deadline - late orders might be accepted, but your in the danger zone for being cut off. Just as players would be aware of potential military invasions by other players, NPCs can plot aggressive wars, and the following (presuming no player snatches them quickly) intend to do so:

South Iran -> Iraq (Bair)
South Iran -> Pakistan (SK)
North Iran -> Iraq (Bair)
Swahililand -> Tanzania
Algeria -> Lombard League (cicero)
North Germany -> Bavaria (Shadow)
Chile -> La Plata (LoE)

These are wars that the NPCs would willingly undertake if the chance came about over the next 20 years, but they aren't guaranteed to happen. If you plan on a war, and one of these catches you from behind, again, worry not, I'll prioritize reasonably for you.

Out of curiousity, why is South Iran invading North Iran or vice-versa not on the cards?

Mali
Economic Policies
1 Point: Infrastructural Renewal

Military Policies
1 Point: Emphasize Army
1 Point: Emphasize Air Force

Using the technology developed in recent years, expand the army and the Air Force.

Wars of Aggression
With heavy land and air forces, attack Guinea. Aim to seize the eastern part of it.
Also heavily fortify the border of Burkina Faso. Build fortifications and station troops to protect against a possible attack.

Settlement and Expansion
None this turn.

Edited my orders a bit.

I didn't edit my orders, but I want to increase my post count and get more attention.

EDIT: I lied, this post actually has a purpose.

We accept your offer for scientific collaboration.

We should also do free trade.

Top Bottom