RandNES 1: Dawn of a World

Ooohhh. Sounds interesting! Can't wait!

Update 5
Stone Age
Unknown Year
Several decades have passed, and now, different great civilizations are starting to come into contact with each other. Will there be war, or cooperation? Only time will tell…
OOC: After this update, there will be an update “5½” where many new players will join before we advance into the Classical Age. I posted about it earlier.
Also, thanks everyone for getting all orders in A DAY EARLY!!! Unfortunately, last weekend and this weekend were full of commitments and I was too busy to update the story. Thanks for all of your patience.

Maps:
Political:
Spoiler :

Religious Map is unchanged,

International Reports:
-Trade has continued between the Sveans and the Hadun with construction of a new fort (+2 for Hadun, +1 for Svea)
-The Sefa and the Vengra have come into contact, and the Sveans and Elrich have also come into contact. Most recently, the Sefa have met the Tusdar and the Vengra have met the Uran.
Individual Reports:
Vengra/Lord_Herobrine:
Spoiler :
Your rapid military expansions have greatly strengthened your nation against bandits, pirates, and other enemies. Meanwhile, your civilization has met the Uran civilization, who live much farther north. What will you do?
EP: 22 (10 banked EP)
Stability: Stable

Tusdar/Everblack:
Spoiler :
You have successfully finished making a writing system and have made a bazaar/intellectual centre. The construction of this centre was perfectly timed with fact that your explorers have accidentally stumbled upon another empire, the Sefa, who live across the straits. Meanwhile, your development of camels for warfare has mostly been successful, giving an edge against bandits and other enemies of the empire.
EP: 16 (5 banked)
Army: 6 (+1 from camel warfare)
Stability: Solid

Uran/Silverman6083:
Spoiler :
Work on infrastructure and the Statues of Uran have started, and the Statues are roughly ½ done. In the process of raiding Ch’aenimhaer, a storm blew some ships off-course into the lands of the Vengra, causing your two civilizations to come into contact. While your raiding on Ch’āenīmhǎer has succeeded somewhat, you have suffered some casualties. Your soldiers are closing in on a final attack on the city to decisively capture it. Your tactics are yours to decide…
EP: 10
Army: 7 (+2 from expansion and wartime mobilization, -1 from casualties fighting C-city, I’m too lazy to copy-paste the name again)

Hadun/Amesjay:
Spoiler :
Your people’s work on fortifying defenses and improving the defenses of Hadun soldiers has improved the security and defenses of the Hadun. Your church has also helped culturally and religiously unify your people more, and the port for trade with Svealand has improved the finances of both nations (+2 EP for you, +1 EP for the Svea). However, with increased trade comes increased piracy, and the rate of piracy is increasing at an alarming rate and starting to take its toll upon sales. What will you do?
EP: 16 (+2 from the port, also note that I miscounted last update)
Army Size: 8 (+2 from fortifications/soldier defenses)
Stability: Solid (wonders provide a stability boost)

Elrich/Seon:
Spoiler :
The Elrich Confederation has united Elrichean people and given you near-hegemony over your island except for the eastern reaches, where your explorers and merchants are diligently mapping the land. Meanwhile, an increase in arts and the standard of living in your capital along with the increased unity amongst the Elrich people has caused a population increase in the capital. What will you do?
EP: 12 (+1 from growth)
Army Size: 6

Svealand/pole475
Spoiler :
The Hadun have constructed a port for trading with your people, increasing trade for both nations (+1 EP for you, +2 EP for Hadun). However, piracy is running rampant from preying upon the financial success, and a group of exploring Dhimis were sunk by pirates while exploring the Hadun island. Meanwhile, construction of the Great Academy has begun, and you are a little more than ¼ finished. What will you do?
EP: 11 (+1 from population growth)
Army Size: 8 (more investment)

Sefa/talonschild:
Spoiler :
Your enemies and new allies along the coast have been subjugated under the Sefa banner and the Sefa Empire is growing quickly. However, the rapid growth and violence have caused unhappiness in the Sefa core and capital. Meanwhile, your people have accidentally met the Tusdar on the other side of the straits. What will you do?
EP: 11
Army Size: 6
Stability: Solid

Missed orders: None! :)
NPC’ed out: None! :)
If any of you want to jump back in, post it here with your orders.
Update 5½ will probably be sometime in the next two weeks. There will be several rules changes and many new players, so be ready!
ORDERS FOR UPDATE 6 DUE SATURDAY, APRIL 26th, 2014, AT 9:00 PM EST!!!

Attachments

• RandNES Political Map.png
    RandNES Political Map.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 327
Where is Aimoni (NWAG), I don't see it on the map.

He got NPC'ed out.

Oh, his name is still there in the key.

To Svealand
From Hadun

Greetings friends,
The new port that we have constructed has brought prosperity to both our peoples, though now we find that there are others who wish to steal from us. We wish to ask perhaps if there is anyway that we may acquire the knowledge of your larger seafaring vessels to combat these pirates? or perhaps there is some way for us to come to an agreement to ensure that we can protect our trade?

One idea we had was perhaps if you provide us with the knowledge of how to construct those seafaring vessels of yours, we could have some constructed for you (by our great builders) as well as for ourselves, which we could use to guard ourselves against piracy?

Update 5.33333...

Because of a slow increase of globalization, technology as a whole is starting to increase, leading to two main changes.

1: New Players, more Aggressive NPCs, and Increased Size
Civilizations are getting bigger and more aggressive, and there will be more of them.
To represent that, new player applications will greatly change. More NPCs will appear, and they will be much more aggressive (I've been a little easy on you guys for a while). This will be represented by a drop in stability for all existing players and (possibly) territory reductions where new civilizations are beginning to coalesce.
For existing players: You get to found an additional city in or near your capital. You may also suffer stability and/or territory loss.
For new players: You get cool stuff. You'll see that in your application.

2: Rules Changes
As civilizations get more advanced so do the rules. Here are the main rules changes:
-Now you have 2 separate military stats: Army and Navy. Existing players: You must divide up your army into Army and Navy (if you're not landlocked). You can't have less than 2 Army.
-A new stat is being added in: Espionage. Each player gets 2 SPs (Spy or Espionage Points) per city per turn, plus 3 extra from the palace. Unlike all other orders and stats, SPs are only known to you, and Espionage orders are done by Private Message.
-Existing players only: For City Size, list the actual numerical city size instead of "Small".
-In general, everyone's technology is more advanced.

In summary, existing players get to found a new city and divide up their army into army and navy, and new players get to do more cool stuff. Here is the civilization application for Bronze Age:
-Name/Player: Pretty obvious
-Starting Location and Color (show on map): Pretty obvious as well, except you won't be able to claim much territory.
-Government: Despotism (you will have more options later)
-Unique Power: You are allowed to make up one unique power for your civ. It does not have to be statistical and probably shouldn't be, but I will always take it into account where it matters. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO VETO ANY OVERPOWERED UPs and require you to think of a new one.
-Cities: Name your capital and other city and put them on the map in the format here:
-Name:
-Size: 1 (no extra EPs)
-EP produced per turn: 10 (5 + 5 from Palace)
-Maintenance: 0
-Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn)
-Name:
-EP produced per turn: 4 (5 - 1 for maintenance)
-Maintenance: 1
-Unique Features: None
-EP per turn: 14
-Stored EP: 0
-EP Spending: This is where you'll list your EP spending. You don't need to put anything here right now.
-Army Size: Split 7 between army and navy. Army can't be less than 2.
-Navy Size: See above. N/A if you're landlocked.
-Description: Describe your civilization. It doesn't need to be more than a few brief sentences.

Begin!

Hey, sorry I've been inactive for a while, I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do but I'll try to fill in that template.

-Name/Player: Hadun/Amesjay
-Starting Location and Color (show on map): Purple
-Government: Despotism
-Unique Power: Monument Builders (just renamed my power, same ability)
Able to construct larger buildings or wonders faster (or builds more sturdy/larger constructions faster than normal)
-Cities: Halturias, Liyaun

-Name: Halturias
-Size: 3 (+2EP)
-EP produced per turn: 16 (7 + 5 from Palace +2 from Tower +2 from Port)
-Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn), Tower of Ardun (+2EP), Port (+2EP from trade with Svealand)

-Name: Liyaun
-Size: 1 (+0EP)
I'd like the city to be constructed to the south-west of Halturias at the center of the peninsula.
Otherwise, I'd like the city to be constructed north of Halturias, in the mountainside, near the mine and adjacent to the river if possible.

-EP per turn: 20
-EP Spending:

-Army Size: 6
-Navy Size: 2
-Description:

Did I do that right? I split my 8 army into 6 army, 2 navy

Svealand/Pole475
The Hadun have constructed a port for trading with your people, increasing trade for both nations (+1 EP for you, +2 EP for Hadun). However, piracy is running rampant from preying upon the financial success, and a group of exploring Dhimis were sunk by pirates while exploring the Hadun island. Meanwhile, construction of the Great Academy has begun, and you are a little more than ¼ finished. What will you do?
EP: 11 (+1 from population growth)
Army Size: 8 (more investment)

Shouldn't I have 12 EP, 1 from pop growth, 1 with trade with Hadun?

Shouldn't I have 12 EP, 1 from pop growth, 1 with trade with Hadun?

Yeah, you're right. My mistake.

Also, why isn't anyone posting here?

Sorry, having a pretty busy week. Will try to get orders in soon.

-Name/Player: Svealand/Pole475

-Cities: Estralska, Verjobonn

-Name: Estralska
-Size: 2 (+1 EPs)
-EP produced per turn: 12 (6 + 5 from Palace + 1 from trade with Hadun)

-Name: Verjobonn
-Location: Can you put the city on the island of Aalvord (island east of Estralska.

-EP per turn: 16
-EP Spending:

-8 EP: Continue construction of the academy in Estralska.

-8 EP: Invest in buildings, and ports in the new city of Verjobonn.

-Army Size: 3
-Navy Size: 5

-Description: ??

-Name/Player: Kaudi/Bon3fang
-Starting Location and Color (show on map): Claims in the map. The Green cities on the north
Spoiler :

-Government: Despotism
-Unique Power: Sacrifices to the supreme father. Pleasing the gods often boosts the Kaud warriors with animistic virtues, draining all aspects of fear from their hearts, charging into battles like a pack of frenzied boars.
-Cities: Name your capital and other city and put them on the map in the format here:
Quote:
-Name:Qid Kaudi (Palace)
-EP produced per turn: 10 (5 + 5 from Palace)

-Name:pikkytrs
-God: Ikkyt
-Unique Features: Grove of Ikkyt

-EP per turn: 16 (?)

-EP Spending:

-Army Size: 4.

-Navy Size: 3

-Description: The Kaudi are the sons of the Gods themselves; When the world was new, and the world not yet corrupted by the presence of men, the Kaudis were the servants of the Old Gods. Yet after the great sundering when the Gods decided to leave the realm to the hands of the mortals, the Kaudi's were given the task to maintain peace and tranquillity on the planet. To cleanse the world of the false gods, and their servants, from their suffering, was the main duty of the Kaudi's. But as with human nature, there erupted several parties, as to which one of the Ancient Ones to be prayed to. After several centuries of skirmishes, temporary cease fires, and after the loss of several thousand men, women and the little ones, the Kaudis came up with an unique solution. The King, also the Great Priest, would be in charge of the capital city of Qid Kaudi. The three factions settled in nearby locations, each with their own beliefs but sworn vassals of the King.

Name/Player: Tusdar/Everblack
Starting Location and Color (show on map): At the bottom
Government: Despotism
Unique Power: Oasis finders -The Tusdar people are able to find Oasis in the deserts areas making it easier for them to settle desert lands.
Cities: Miscaro, Umua

City Name: Miscaro
-Size: 2
-EP produced per turn: 10 (for the capital)

Name: Umua

Army:4
Naval:2

Are we support to spend the EP we have?

Attachments

• New map.png
    New map.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom