SKNES III: Bullets with Butterfly Wings

What's the status of slavery in the world?

It's been officially abolished pretty much everywhere at this point.
Although, the former slaves are still far from reaching any form of equality anywhere with their former masters, with the exception of those that were able to emigrate to Costa Lina.

Gah! I'm really sorry about that, and it's been fixed.

That's a fair assumption. Tu Duc may or may not even be the same person as the historical figure (in fact, the vast majority of leaders at present aren't historical) because there's been 90 years of historical change.

Hey, no worries. Typographical errors happen all the time, and it's only worse when you're typing something that won't be caught by a spellcheck program!

Where be da map

Saxony-Bavaria here.

To: America

We have no wish for war. We offer a Non-Agression Pact to you.

From Rafael del Rio Ocampo Epistola, American Minister in New Orleans

The government and people of the American Republic are wishers of peace and prosperity on the entire world, particularly towards our neighboring nations. Non-aggression is to be assumed in all of our policies and dealings with other children of God: treaties for it do not need to be negotiated.

The Confederacy of American States is here to inform its neighbors that the Americans have a pretty good idea of it and will shamelessly copy them.

Question: What exactly does regionalism entail in the issues? That the different regions of the country are more interested in themselves than in the rest of the country?

Ethiopia here. A minor change- do you mind changing "Empire of Ethiopia" to "Ethiopian Empire"? It just sounds better.

Also, I assume that Ethiopia in TTL is basically the same as that of OTL (given that nothing as really happened there except for Mysoran colonization), with the Zemene Mesafint still ongoing but slowly drawing to a close?

To: Korea
Through the telegraph, steam power, and all the other technological miracles of our age, the world seems to be shrinking. Although our two nations have traditionally had little to do with each other, our esteemed emperor Tu Duc feels that we now share enough mutual interests to warrant bringing Korea and Vietnam closer together diplomatically. Therefore, we ask that your government considers accepting our henceforth offered Military Alliance.

Question: What exactly does regionalism entail in the issues? That the different regions of the country are more interested in themselves than in the rest of the country?

Basically; also that power and loyalty are tilting in the favor of regional (or, in your case, state) authorities than in the central government. In your case, as Bair pointed out, North Carolina is the biggest offender.

Ethiopia here. A minor change- do you mind changing "Empire of Ethiopia" to "Ethiopian Empire"? It just sounds better.

Also, I assume that Ethiopia in TTL is basically the same as that of OTL (given that nothing as really happened there except for Mysoran colonization), with the Zemene Mesafint still ongoing but slowly drawing to a close?

Sure.

Pretty much, although there have been enough minor changes that the current Emperor is a fictional character.

Austria is here. ZeletDude, response to earlier PM please?

From Austria-Hungary
To All German States Except French Puppets

We would want to ally with any German state that would want to ally with us. We would prefer a full alliance, but a defensive alliance is fine. Barring that, requesting a non-aggression pact.

The Glorious Empire of the Great Qing is present. Commence envy of my massive economy :smug:

Delhi here.

Though I wanted to point out that in the stats it says my upkeep is 43 but the 2 numbers below it add up to 50.

Top Bottom