Shortest game ever?

Ok, I just started a new game. Random leader, small fractal map, 8 civs. Rolled Alex of Greece. 2 goodie huts outside bfc. Sent my scout to explore one hut, thought I'd swing around in a circular pattern to scout area around my capitol. I expected to pop other goodie hut with culture or scout after completing the circle. However, Sitting Bull appeared and entered hut popping 3 barbarians. Of course I was building a worker with undefended city. Barbs captured my capitol. In total my game lasted a whole 3 minutes. Game year 3640bc. I demonstrated the skill of Dan Quayle. The Hall of Fame was more of shame. 3 freaking minutes. Thought I place a post to provide all of you with a good laugh. Anyone else have an unexpectedly short game?

yes, i choose to be the celts and decided to build stonehenge first, and then i got the vedic aryan event...

Yes, I had one expectedly short game with a win. T10 on marathon. One can't win later, it's coded like that.

Awawa.

At Emperor every AI starts with 2 scouts, so when I'm playing a leader who starts without Hunting I gamble with far away goodie huts.
And yes, sometimes it's game over when too many barbs are spawned and I can't build enough new defenders.

Back in 2007, me and my friend were trying the MP for the first time. I picked Toku and my friend chose Zara. Map is duel/Pangaea/with huts/normal

--------------

Turn 5
(I saw a goodie hut nearby so I moved my warrior to reach the hut 3 tiles away)

Turn 6
(I saw my friend's scout also two tiles away from the hut. But given the 2 :move: of scout. You can't reach there first)
Toku: c'mon buddy please be kind
Zara: NO! :devil:

Turn 7
(My friend got the goodie hut)
Zara: Ah d'wheel sweet!

(I move instead at the opposite direction where the scout was facing initially, I saw a hill 2 tiles away)

Turn 9
(Moving the warrior to the hill. I saw the cultural border of the enemy capital)

Turn 11
Zara: Sh*t Sh*t! We are friends right?
Toku: No! :devil:
(declares war)

Turn 13
Toku: I wonder what happens when I move my warrior to your capital?
Zara: (left the game)

--------------

He took my goodie hut, so I have taken his capital instead! :cool:

I had game when there was no AI placed on map (some kind of error?).. and that was T11 conquest victory :D
Worst part was that start was awesome and I had no chance to play it "like normal" :(

... and entered hut popping 3 barbarians. ... Barbs captured my capitol. In total my game lasted a whole 3 minutes.

I remember quite a lot of Civ I games turning out exactly like that. So I would consider this franchise-gene-pool and - as silly as it may sound - kind of a nice nostalgic touch to see things like that still beeing possible in IV. ;)

I remember quite a lot of Civ I games turning out exactly like that. So I would consider this franchise-gene-pool and - as silly as it may sound - kind of a nice nostalgic touch to see things like that still beeing possible in IV. ;)

:lol:

A nostalgic touch like this is so much nicer when it's someone else getting touched!

I had 3835 BC Conquest win on Monarch. My fastest non-conquest victory was Chieftain 730 BC Normal Domination (faster than my Settler one, which was 670 BC). Oh, the joys of settler-spamming...

Back in 2007, me and my friend were trying the MP for the first time. I picked Toku and my friend chose Zara. Map is duel/Pangaea/with huts/normal

Spoiler :
--------------

Turn 5
(I saw a goodie hut nearby so I moved my warrior to reach the hut 3 tiles away)

Turn 6
(I saw my friend's scout also two tiles away from the hut. But given the 2 :move: of scout. You can't reach there first)
Toku: c'mon buddy please be kind
Zara: NO! :devil:

Turn 7
(My friend got the goodie hut)
Zara: Ah d'wheel sweet!

(I move instead at the opposite direction where the scout was facing initially, I saw a hill 2 tiles away)

Turn 9
(Moving the warrior to the hill. I saw the cultural border of the enemy capital)

Turn 11
Zara: Sh*t Sh*t! We are friends right?
Toku: No! :devil:
(declares war)

Turn 13
Toku: I wonder what happens when I move my warrior to your capital?
Zara: (left the game)

--------------

He took my goodie hut, so I have taken his capital instead! :cool:

LOL. Good fight. My shortest game happened because of a barbarian event.

I died at turn 12 once when I sent out my scout and warrior, and a barbarian killed my capitol.

My fastest victory to the date was cultural victory in 3725 BC. I bought myself a cultural victory with advanced start. It took only ten turns to win.

Wow. Sounds like advanced start has a flaw, doesn't it?

Twenty two turns. Willem of the Dutch + undefended capital + barb event = bye bye game. :(

I once went settler wandering after a tundra start. Forgot to found a city in the first ten turns! Eleven turn "conquest" loss.

I went worker first, met Churchill quickly. I DoW'd him, hoping that he didn't have three hammers at the start. He did. His warrior walked into my capital. Turn 9, 3640 BC loss.

I once went settler wandering after a tundra start. Forgot to found a city in the first ten turns! Eleven turn "conquest" loss.
Was this a Duel map, I did this recently but was surprised that a loss din't occur even as I wandered on to T30!! My theory is that it's only on a map with 1 opponent - i.e. if only 1 Civ has any cities then a Conquest win is triggered.

Top Bottom