Weekend Specials Online

On a separate note, what the heck is going on with gog.com? They keep running the weirdest promos, I feel they are all quite shady. A lot they do seems to target whales. They already have those seasonal promos where they get you to stay on their page 24/7 just for a shot at a free game. In the past they had promos where you click one of three mystery deals but you still get to see what it is before purchase.

Their latest promo is buy three on sale games and you get the option to purchase 1-3 more for $2 each but you do not know what they are. Why? That just makes no sense and is simply taking advantage of online shopping junkies imo. There are posts all over about how to get some clues from your browser code on what games they might be plus a list (there's nothing exceptional on the list either, not like you're going to land beyond divinity or witcher 3). It just seems like they are all into gimmicks now to drive traffic and make sales instead of just offering the best.

I will still shop there for titles I can't get elsewhere but I almost prefer steam now cus their sales are less annoying.

On a separate note, what the heck is going on with gog.com? They keep running the weirdest promos, I feel they are all quite shady. A lot they do seems to target whales. They already have those seasonal promos where they get you to stay on their page 24/7 just for a shot at a free game. In the past they had promos where you click one of three mystery deals but you still get to see what it is before purchase.

Their latest promo is buy three on sale games and you get the option to purchase 1-3 more for $2 each but you do not know what they are. Why? That just makes no sense and is simply taking advantage of online shopping junkies imo. There are posts all over about how to get some clues from your browser code on what games they might be plus a list (there's nothing exceptional on the list either, not like you're going to land beyond divinity or witcher 3). It just seems like they are all into gimmicks now to drive traffic and make sales instead of just offering the best.

I will still shop there for titles I can't get elsewhere but I almost prefer steam now cus their sales are less annoying.

I think some of the online distributors try too hard sometimes to beat steam. They have weird sale gimmicks or an interface that's supposed to be cool and hip but just ends up being clumsy and annoying.

I don't think gog needs to beat steam though because they already have two major advantages:

1. Content. A lot of titles on gog.com aren't available on steam, or at least this used to be the case. It seems it is slowly changing. Like I believe gog had the old age of wonders, the old divinity games, and even old fallout series (which gog no longer carries) before steam did. Now steam has added all of those. Gog still has some stuff you can't get on steam though like lords of the realm, still plenty of unique content. It's a good site for niche and classic stuff.

2. Drm free. This doesn't matter to me but it still matters to a lot of people.

They used to have same pricing across all regions. They no longer have that across the board, but I believe some of their regional pricing still beats steam. So that might be a third advantage.

Sales are awesome I just don't like gimmicky ones where you don't even know what you're buying. The insomnia ones are fine I guess, I won't refresh every second for free giveaways, so it's annoying that I'll never get one, but still some good deals in them.

You're right on gog's advantages. It'd be nice if they didn't do the gimmicks, their advantages would hopefully suffice. (Maybe not, I know nothing about how best to make a profit in this industry, but eh.)

Hug Effect 3

Best 3rd person shooter RPG hugging simulator ever. Well, the whole series together anyway, I love all three games. Mostly.

Hug Effect 4 had better have more hugging though.

If you are interested in life is feudal it's in a bundle at indie gala right now. Still $30 for the bundle, pricey for early access games, but on steam it's $40 for the one.

X-COM + dlc/expansion are all on sale for between 67-83% off.

You can get the game with all DLC/expansion for $12.49 (75% off). It's on Steam until 10/20/14.

EDIT: Actually quite a fewfree weekend/sale on Steam right now.

I would recommend Trine 2 to anyone looking to use that set of 3d glasses they haven't in a year. (I would also recommend it if you don't have 3d).

^ Xcom is free from GMG for voting in the GoldenJoystick awards this year.
Might give Dont Starve a go, given that its Terraria style game, hopefully can backup the save files dont like perma-death mechanic.
Recommend COH2 for the free weekend, enjoyable single player campaign, huge download though.

Payday 1 is free to own on steam for the next 24hrs
Free game giveaway, just goto Payday page.

Apparently if you buy a ticket to John Wick this weekend it comes with a free copy of PD2.

GMG has sent me a 3rd 80% off XCom Enemy Within expansion code which I don't need, so whoever really wants that xpack and didn't get one too can PM me and I'll send it to you. Only works on Green Man Gaming.

You could pick up xcom for free if you voted in the golden joystick awards.

got a mail with Vip-offers from GMG, but apparently the 20% coupon doesnt work on them?

Halloween sale on steam. Too many on sale to list everything. Some cool ones though: walking dead season 1 and 2, darksiders series, deadspace series, bioshock series.

Transistor is also the weekend deal half off for $10. I'm not sure whether to go for it. It's the same company that made Bastion, it's their second game. It has great reviews, I'm just not sure I want to spend that much, it'll be $5 next summer I bet and Bastion was awesome but not really that long.

Transistor is also the weekend deal half off for $10. I'm not sure whether to go for it. It's the same company that made Bastion, it's their second game. It has great reviews, I'm just not sure I want to spend that much, it'll be $5 next summer I bet and Bastion was awesome but not really that long.
I was just contemplating this. It's worth 9.50€, but I'll not play it either way for a few months... I wouldn't mind waiting for a 66-75% sale, but it makes me a bit of a cheap ass :think: I wonder how this game has sold..?

Top Bottom