Are Spies and Subs Visible?

Tadaas

Chieftain
Are your spies visible to the other players? when you enter their territory can they see you and then would naturally send a unit to stop you or you are invisible and if captured but someone it was just their luck that they sent troops to that square.

Are subs visible to everyone or just if you have a sub or cruiser close do you see the other guys' sub?

Not sure about the spies, but some of the moves I've seen my enemies make would lead me to believe they're visible to them even in your own terr. Subs are definitely visible outside your fog of war, regardless of territory.

Feel free to correct me if Im wrong...

They're both visible, as far as I know. I'm not sure what the purpose of submarines is yet.

The AI can see your spies so don't leave them undefended in enemy territory, but when the AI uses spies against you, its usually stacked with other units so I can't say if they are visible to us.

As for Sub's usefulness, they are cheaper than cruisers with 12 attack. Their low defense makes then vulnerable. This is why I'd stack them with battleships of a cruiser fleet.

Yeah, but subs still suck because they only have 2 moves... they should either make them invisible or give them extra moves, then they would be worth building IMHO.

I hardly ever think of submarines. The only time I ever have one is if I get the free one for being the first to research electricity.

Top Bottom