Dwarf Fortress

It's a learning experience.

I hate how my dwarves just sit on their ass and eat what little food and drink we dropped with and only the fisherman seems to care about doing any work. I manage to get a few cutting wood though.

The z axis is a great improvement, but steepens the already steep learning curve for new players.

Woot theres a new version ?

You can dig in the Z axis wows

It's the Visualize option. Not very useful yet.

Now that there's three dimensions, one could sculpt a real fortress into a cliffside. Catapults and ballistas on fortifications, moats, drawbridges, etc.

None of my people want to build a mason's workshop! I have a carpenter but he just stands around doing nothing!

Ah, that makes sense. So, can a carpenter build a carpenter's workshop if there is such a thing? (Too lazy to check. :p)

Ah, that makes sense. So, can a carpenter build a carpenter's workshop if there is such a thing? (Too lazy to check. :p)

Yes. And you will need one. You have to buld barrels, buckets and beds out of wood.

You can build barrels and buckets out of metal. Beds are the only product that requires wood.

But there's no reason not to make barrels and bins out of wood. Especially in heavily forested or woodland areas wood is plentiful.

Also it takes a long time to get metal up and going... and unless you brought some steel along to build a magma forge AND have a magma river then you'll have to make a lot of charcoal.

This is wierd, I've tunneled down like 3 levels and mined a lot, but have NO METAL WHATSOEVER! Is this a bug?

Anyone know a good tutorial on how to play? The Wiki helps a bit but not enough.

Not really. You just have to jump into it and start playing around. The game has a massive learning curve, but once your over that it's pretty fun.

Top Bottom