Is pirating the only answer for those of us who don't have a console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolvlo

Chieftain
I'm an obsessive fan of civ, but I'm also broke. There is no way I'll be able to afford a console just to play civ revolutions, but I can't live without it. Is pirating and emulating the only option for us?

Console gaming is so terrible, and it is mind boggling how they aren't releasing a PC version of the game.

As far as I'm aware CivRev is jsut a cut down version of Civ BtS, with the odd different feature, its not Civ5.

So relax you don't have to cross to the dark side

I'm an obsessive fan of civ, but I'm also broke. There is no way I'll be able to afford a console just to play civ revolutions, but I can't live without it. Is pirating and emulating the only option for us?

Console gaming is so terrible, and it is mind boggling how they aren't releasing a PC version of the game.

consoles are designed to give a different gaming experiance.
civrev is designed for consoles, so thats why there wont be a pc version.
if it's your opinion that console gaming is "terrible" then you probably wouldnt enjoy the game as much as other versions of civ anyway...
me personally, love console gaming, and im counting down the days for the ps3 release of civrev!

As far as I'm aware CivRev is jsut a cut down version of Civ BtS, with the odd different feature, its not Civ5.

perhaps you should do some more research then. I think one of the first things i read when looking up civ rev for the first time is that its not a copy of civ 4.

And just like everything else in life, if you can;t afford , no you don't need to steal to get it, you need to get a job.

I wouldn't call it a cut down Civ BtS. there are many different features and gameplay options. i actually can't play Civilization Revolution and BtS with the same strategy, i wouldn't be able to win!

this game has been designed specifically for the console. it wouldn't really pair well on a PC. we'll make PC Civilization games for that -- but this one is console-specific!

Hey, gaming is a privilege, not a right. And if console gaming is "so terrible", what makes you so desperate to see a console game on the PC, that you freely admit you couldn't afford to buy, anyway?

Oh, let me guess.......you think it's your god given right to get it for free! :mischief:

Another option is growing up and getting a life. Or at the very least, learn to go without things you don't need if you can't afford them. You're not entitled to play these games.

So you cannot afford a XBox360/PS3, but apparently you can afford a computer that is superior to the HD-consoles (you will probably need a quad-core processor, since Revolution is optimized for those) AND find a decent emulator?

:lol: DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

[:nuke:]
Consoles are crap.
They are pale imitations of computers.
They are made for people that can't fathom a computer technical manual.
The only reason they seem better is marketing ploys to keep better games away from the PC market. This is done to gouge the consumer.
There's no reason why a console game couldn't be made on a PC.
PC's can easily run console-style game controllers, and easily have better graphics engines. [/:nuke:]

If the OP wants to role-play a warez 1ee7 pirate,
he should buy a copy of Sid Meier's Pirates!

It's under $20 these days.

:run: "Oh no there's a new console game / MMORPG out!!" :run:

Another option is growing up and getting a life. Or at the very least, learn to go without things you don't need if you can't afford them. You're not entitled to play these games.

So you cannot afford a XBox360/PS3, but apparently you can afford a computer that is SUPERIOR to the HD-consoles

the ps3 can match many of the top pc's for processing power. and with the rite tv, the ps3's graphics can be almost as good.
i wouldnt say that pc's are superior.
if it's pure hardcore gaming, then you cant beat the ps3 (in my opinion)

No one is gonna ask how you pirate a console game when you don't own a console?

Quick, to the moral highhorse!

Just get a DS and a DS version of the game, you get to play Civ When ever and Where ever, as long as the DS has batteries lol.

If you like consoles enough to want to play a game on one but not enough to buy one then you should steal one from Walmart, if you get caught then by the time you get out of jail emulators would of advanced to the point that they can actually (kind of) play it.

It looks like a win-win to me.

pirating is never an option, not least of which is the point that there isn't a PC available that would be able to emulate any of the current generation of consoles to any decent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom