Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afforess axed it because he could never get it to work right. You have to do a clean install. Hopefuly you still have the 2.9 rar on your HDD right?;)

Which parts of AND can I remove, without causing problems, by moving their directories to the unloaded modules directory. Or maybe I should ask, if I do a full install which modmods (folders) can't I move without breaking AND?

I just want to save doing new clean re-installs while I test balance and that my mods work or not with other mods in AND.

Which parts of AND can I remove, without causing problems, by moving their directories to the unloaded modules directory. Or maybe I should ask, if I do a full install which modmods (folders) can't I move without breaking AND?

I just want to save doing new clean re-installs while I test balance and that my mods work or not with other mods in AND.

Everything not inside the required folder.

Alternatively, use a LITE install, and see what happens.;)

I have a question.
Does Encyclopedia project provide +n% :science: to all cities in the world or only to cities of the player that built the project?

I have a question.
Does Encyclopedia project provide +n% :science: to all cities in the world or only to cities of the player that built the project?

Projects only give extra commerce, science, etc to their builder.

If I use Ruthless AI, should I also check aggressive AI?

It doesn't matter. When you turn on Ruthless AI, the game also turns on Aggressive AI, regardless of whether you selected it or not. Yes, I can turn options on or off from inside the game. :mischief:

I've one problem when playing. When I try to engage someone in diplomacy, there is no option to select. No text is displayed on the screen. What should I do ? :confused:

Well the rest of the game is good. I just want to suggest few things about Mayans & Sioux. Why not adding few more unique units to them. Most nations have more than one except these 2. Possible unique units could be Plumed Archer for Mayans & something like Rifle Rider for Sioux (Native American Empire).

I've one problem when playing. When I try to engage someone in diplomacy, there is no option to select. No text is displayed on the screen. What should I do ? :confused:

Well the rest of the game is good. I just want to suggest few things about Mayans & Sioux. Why not adding few more unique units to them. Most nations have more than one except these 2. Possible unique units could be Plumed Archer for Mayans & something like Rifle Rider for Sioux (Native American Empire).

You need to do a clean install of the game; you can't install RoM 2.9 over an older version. Delete the folder first, then add the newest version.

All of them have one UU, the rest are renamed and different graphics of units and the stats are the same

All of them have one UU, the rest are renamed and different graphics of units and the stats are the same
Still I think Native Americans should have a cavalry UU. Also Conquistadors should replace adventurers not cuirassiers.

EDIT : I've checked few UUs other than the ones which are in BTS. They are not identically same to the standard units. For example Elite Jaguar can be trained with Obsidian but in case of swordman you need iron.

You need to do a clean install of the game; you can't install RoM 2.9 over an older version. Delete the folder first, then add the newest version.
I reinstalled the whole game & the bug has vanished. :D
But my game still quits frequently after about 100 turns. :(

I've installed 2.9 amd patched to 2.91 and am trying to install AND. I keep getting the error saying that it is the wrong directory, but I've got everything installed under program files. When I go ahead anyway, it says that it can't find WOC_installer.jar. I've tried reinstalling ROM a couple times and no luck. Any ideas? Thanks. I really want to try AND out!

I've installed 2.9 amd patched to 2.91 and am trying to install AND. I keep getting the error saying that it is the wrong directory, but I've got everything installed under program files. When I go ahead anyway, it says that it can't find WOC_installer.jar. I've tried reinstalling ROM a couple times and no luck. Any ideas? Thanks. I really want to try AND out!

Quick question, did you read the directions?

• Step-by-Step Instructions:

1. If you are using Vista or Windows 7, Either turn off your UAC or Right Click on your Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword shortcut and select "Run As Administrator".
  2. Download Rise of Mankind 2.90 and un-archive it.
  3. Copy or Move the Rise of Mankind folder to your C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods folder. The path is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods if you own the steam edition, and for the Complete and Gold Editions, it is C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods
    Note: It is very important that Rise of Mankind be in the "Program Files" directory and NOT the "Documents" directory!
  4. Now, run the A New Dawn Installer.exe that you downloaded, it should ask for a destination, and the default one is wrong if you own Civilization Complete or the Steam Edition, make sure you set the destination as the the Rise of Mankind folder you just moved.
  5. You will recieve a "Wrong Folder" warning screen if the installer thinks you did not select the correct folder. Go back, and double check, and select the correct folder, and the error will go away.
  6. Install AND with the components you want, launch BTS, load Rise of Mankind, and play!

Strange. I turned UAC back ON and it installed fine. Thanks. I'm really looking forward to trying this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom