Orions Mod Collection

I have a working version of Grand Inquisitions, which plays beautifully. But like a Civ4 gamer, who says just one more turn; I keep adding just one more mod. When that mod is done, then again, just one more mod. My real goal is to finish the Naval fleet mod, the Air Armada mod and upgrade the Mine Warfare mod; then release Grand Inquisitions.

Sweet Deal...I'll look forward to the new version when you're done with it.

What mods does the current downloadable version of Great Inquisitions have just so I have an idea of what to expect.

Sweet Deal...I'll look forward to the new version when you're done with it.

What mods does the current downloadable version of Great Inquisitions have just so I have an idea of what to expect.

The list of sub mods is very long. I will try and update the list later today.

The following is a list of sub mods that I have added to my current development called Grand Inquisitions:

1. Abandon City mod
2. Agriculture
3. AI Autoplay
4. Alexander the Great Leaderhead
5. Animals mod
6. Ark of the Covenant World Wonder
7. Army Mod
8. Art of War World Wonder
9. Aviation Mod
10. Bazaar
11. BUG mod
12. Fort Knox World Wonder
13. Great Person Bare Bones mod
14. Health Care mod
15. Hirohito Leaderhead
16. Hitler Leaderhead
17. Immigration mod
18. Inquisition Mod
19. Leonardo's Workshop World Wonder
20. Library of Nineveh World Wonder
21. Limited Religions
22. Longevity World Wonder
23. Magellan's Voyage World Wonder
24. Malleus Maleficarum World Wonder
25. National Archives National Wonder
26. Navy Mod
27. Petra Monastery World Wonder
28. Pirate mod
29. Platinum Resource
30. Ranged Bombardment
31. Reagan Leaderhead
32. Shinto Religion
33. Shrimp Resource
34. Slave Auction National Wonder
35. Slave Cage
36. Sphinx World Wonder
37. Strategic Grain Reserve National Wonder
38. Terraforming
39. Tech By Conquest
40. Universal Health Care National Wonder
41. Walls of Troy
42. Water Well

All of these mods have been tested and are currently working in Grand Inquisitions without any bugs. More mods will be added before I release this huge mod pack (now at 300 mb and growing).

Quick question,

Does each civ only have one or a couple of unique units, or does every civ has unique art for all their units? Only reason I ask is that I still have an older machine and the mods packed with tons of art for units tends to slow me down quite a bit.

The following is a list of sub mods that I have added to my current development called Grand Inquisitions:

All of these mods have been tested and are currently working in Grand Inquisitions without any bugs. More mods will be added before I release this huge mod pack (now at 300 mb and growing).

Now if you get Assimilation, Multiple Research, Multiple Productivity, Mountain, Fixed Borders, Barbarian Generals, Great Commanders, well rather than list the best ones, here is a small list:

Now if you get Assimilation, Multiple Research, Multiple Productivity, Mountain, Fixed Borders, Barbarian Generals, Great Commanders, well rather than list the best ones, here is a small list:

If I add all of theses mods one by one, it will be another year before I get done. No one gets to play the mod pack that way. As, good as some of these mods may be, I think I will have to make a version cut off soon, just so I can release Grand Inquisitions. ...Then add more mods after that.

Quick question,

Does each civ only have one or a couple of unique units, or does every civ has unique art for all their units? Only reason I ask is that I still have an older machine and the mods packed with tons of art for units tends to slow me down quite a bit.

I have avoided adding any unique units for selected civs. Rather, the units I have added can be used by every civ. As for the performance of your PC, it sounds like you are well over due for an upgrade.

I have avoided adding any unique units for selected civs. Rather, the units I have added can be used by every civ. As for the performance of your PC, it sounds like you are well over due for an upgrade.

Yes, I am several years overdue for an upgrade. However, after a year and a half of unemployment, it will be another year before I can even think to upgrade. It will be a painful year to be sure ;)

Orion,

Any Update on when your Grand Inquisitions will be ready?

Its going to be a while. I'm working on phase 2 of the Combined forces mod, which will include Army and Navy units. Phase 3 is when I add the Air Force units. After the Combined forces mod is finished, I'm going to upgrade Mine Warfare, test it, and then release Grand Inquisitions.

Sup Mate,

Hows the progress on merging all your components together?

I've had some challenges, but Phase 2 (Fleet units) is finished and I'm working on phase 3 (Air Force Units). I think I have solved the toughest code issues and time is all that is needed to finish the vastly improved combined forces mod. :)

Phase 3 development of the Combined Forces mod is now complete. I'm now running the mod through Test and Debug. The XML and graphics are successful, leaving only the Python to debug. :scan: Pending no major code issues, I expect it won't be long now until I can release the mod. Perhaps 1 more week. :king:

The Combined Forces Mod for BTS 3.19 is now released!

Warmongers and anyone else who builds military units: Have you ever agonized over getting rid of those older but very experienced land units? The Army is your answer. This unit now allows you to combine those old obsolete units into a force to be reckoned with. Frustrated that you are going to loose those hard earned promotions and experience? The Army is your answer. Pissed off by that new version of the game that limits you to only one unit per tile? The Army is your answer. Are you tired of wasting gold in an endless succession of expensive upgrades to keep your units combat viable? The Army is your answer. What modern armor commander would not wet his pants when he sees a huge army of angry axmen boil over the hill? Construct truly frightening hoards of military might. Introducing the Civ4 Army unit.

And for those of you who fancy yourself as Lord Nelson or Curtis LeMay; you have not been forgotten. For the same capabilities that make the Army a truly horrifing force on the battlefield, the Naval and air units have not been neglegted. Introducing the Fleet and the Air Force. Weld a group of ships into a mighty force to scour the seas of your enemies. Aggrivated by those mothballed ships rusting in your harbors? Gather them into a fleet.

Darken the skies with your Air Forces. Your enemy will not want to fight under this shade. The strategic Air Force will lay waste to your advarsaries cities, while your tactical Air Forces insure your own cities remain safe and protected.

For you advocates of vertical envelopment, the helecopter has not been neglected; making it the one unit that can stand up to an Army in both mobility and fire power. The Air Assault Brigade allows multiple helecopter units to be formed into a tornado of rotary death from above.

All in all, the combined forces mod allows you to dominate on land, in the air and at sea. Welcome to the Combined Forces mod. Oh, by the way, the AI just loves to build these powerful units. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Arms Race; because whether you build them or not, the AI is coming. Neglect your military at your own peril. If you think you can win the game now with spies and diplomacy, you are sadly mistaken. Warmongers unite. :spear:

See first page for your respective download file (Standard or WoC/BUG format). :)

Please Note: The following units and buildings in the Army mod have been removed from the Combined Forces mod. The Combined Forces mod has been trimmed down to provide only what is needed to create combined units.

Removed:

1. The Archery Range
2. The Archery Training Center national wonder
3. The Oil Tower
4. The Minuteman
5. The Police
6. The Slinger
7. The Ballista
8. The Ram
9. The Siege Tower.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Your first post says that there are two different files to download due to the size of the mod.

I clicked on the standard version and I only got a link to one file which wass 8 MB.

Is this right?

Your first post says that there are two different files to download due to the size of the mod.

I clicked on the standard version and I only got a link to one file which wass 8 MB.

Is this right?

All my files have two versions, Standard and WoC/BUG. Because of the size of each version, I had to create a separate file for each version, instead of including both versions in one zip file. I will change the language on the first post to make this point more clear. The answer to your question is yes. You only require one file.

Hate to be a pest with what are probably noobish questions, but...

When I loaded your Mod, it has the standard BTS loading screen with the "Combined Forces" tag up in the corner. However, when I checked your units, wonders, and such, I didn't see anything different from the base game.

I also checked concept since I was curious how armies worked before I got deep into the game, but I did not see anything in the Civilopedia.

I am curious if this installed correctly. It is currently loaded as:

...Beyond the Sword/Mod/Combined Forces for WOC BUG/WOC/Assets

By the way, looking at the mod components you have listed in your first post, is this mod a compilation of all of those or do I need to add those myself? If so, any quick instructions on how to include some of them? Please assume that I am a blithering idiot if you have some process you use since I have no idea how to merge/make a mod. :)

Top Bottom