CFC Steam Group

I know this has nothing to do with Steam games, but I've really been itching to try Minecraft out. However, the Minecraft site is a little cryptic on how to buy the game, at least to me. Does anyone know the best place to get it?

I thought so, but it's still a little confusing. What I'd really like to know is if the Beta the latest version that I want to purchase.

Cool, thanks for the assistance.

With any luck, I'll see you there. :)

I joined the group, same name.

I was looking for a thread like this :)

Warheadisgod

So apparently Valve just added a new (OPTIONAL) security measure called "Steam Guard", which requires users to input a special 4-digit code when trying to access their account on computers which Steam doesn't recognize (aka, computers that you haven't accessed before).

While I applaud the effort, I feel rather uncomfortable with Steam deciding what computers are "unrecognized" and the fact they track that usage in the first place. I wonder what you guys think about it.

There is a high rate of theft of Steam accounts, primarily from people who get tricked into phishing scams so something like this is needed. Look at the code thing Blizzard made for wow, it gives you a new code to log in everytime or something.

I don't see Steam Guard introducing any privacy concerns that didn't exist before. It's pretty likely they'd already be logging IP addresses, to help investigate cases of fraud and what not else.

I also am glad to see they have made it by default turned on. Generally speaking I'd guess that those most in need of Steam Guard are those who are least likely to go fiddling in settings to enable a feature like this. For everyone else, there's the option to disable it (for whatever reasons they may have).

I've only used it once, because it didn't ask me on my main computer and I only just logged into it on my laptop last night, but I didn't see an option for it to be a 1 time log in code. It just up and added my laptop to its list of "my" computers (which it is but still).

Anyone still playing Half-Life 2 mods?

I see Empires is finally on Steam, a bit upgraded in the graphics, and is still fun to play.

And that Dino D-Day looks kind of hilarious.

Anyone still playing Half-Life 2 mods?

I haven't touched them lately. I do have them installed, though mainly for Gmod (I use an add-on that mounts L4D & L4D2 as well as Source Mod models and textures.

Steam in the upper left corner of the window -> Settings -> Friends

An options, settings or preferences menu should be the first thing you look for if you have an issue with something that can usually be changed there.