Mount & Blade: Warband !!! Epic Game !!!

:bump:

Anyone know a mod for Warband that lets me talk to village elders and guild masters w/out having to actually enter the town? I think F&S had that option, but I can't find one for Warband.

TweakMB allows you to change that for Native and a couple of mods. I don't know what other mods have it besides Brytenwalda.

Also, some of you may remember or have seen that PC Gamer is testing a digital version of their magazine on Steam. In the first issue back in September one of the developers (well, really mostly just a PR guy) for Taleworlds said he was finishing up some work on WF&S and working on Mount&Blade 2. Sadly no other info has been released on M&B2 but it is apparently in the works :D

The WF&S team (mostly or entirely Polish afaik) is also working on a new Warband expansion set in the Caribbean during the 1600s with the (current) title of Mount&Blade: To the Caribbean!. Once again they are basing it off a historical setting and the books by Rafael Sabatini so there shouldn't be any magic, voodoo or Jack Sparrows. This was discovered in a non-English magazine article a week ago, forum link.

No Jack Sparrow? :cry:

But really, I'm looking forward to it.

Maybe there will be naval combat? :p

I don't see how they couldn't have it with that setting! Fishboy's old pirate mod for one of the M&B beta versions had it, and it is in the game (a couple of Warband mods have it too) but the modders can only do so much with it.

If it's anything like a first-person style Pirates! then I am definitely looking forward to it.

Well I think I might have to install the original M&B to try out the LoTR mod The Last Days (TLD) Coming out on Oct 31 apparently.

Link to video.

That sounds great. I'll have to try that as well.

Also, if anybody didn't know it already, if you have Warband and have the key (duh), then you can use the key to unlock the original Mount and Blade, as well as Warband. It isn't illegal.

Well I think I might have to install the original M&B to try out the LoTR mod The Last Days (TLD) Coming out on Oct 31 apparently.

Well it's about god damn time! The latest version is for like v0.808 or something iirc. This should be good :D

So I'm not overly familiar with the M&B developers or producers, when do they typically start giving release dates, screenshots, previews, etc?

(I'm just thinking about M&B2 info :) )

Just tried Brytenwalda out for a while, very happy with it :)

I also liked the Floris mod, and I'm looking forward to trying their updated version (for the latest version of Warband) out in November.

1257 was pretty good on Native, I can only imagine they've improved it for Warband.

:bump:

Anyone know a mod for Warband that lets me talk to village elders and guild masters w/out having to actually enter the town? I think F&S had that option, but I can't find one for Warband.

Diplomacy.

Also, yeah, this game is awesome.

Diplomacy is also integrated in Sword of Damocles, as well as one or more other mods (Floris pack, perchance?) so you can try those.

New patch for Warband with various updates to the engine and AI (many of which are from the work on the Napoleonic Wars DLC).

Version 1.150 Changelog:
- In multiplayer, Khergit troop stats have been rebalanced to make them more viable.
- Maximum number of players in a multiplayer match has been changed to 200.
- Usernames in multiplayer games can now have special characters.
- Random rain and fog amounts have been removed in multiplayer. All players now see the same weather.
- Lots of new operations, flags and trigger types have been added for the benefit of modders.
- New parameters have been added to module.ini for modders, including new order system usage and crouching.
- Support for game controllers has been improved.
- Troop AI for selecting alternative weapon mode has been added.
- Troop AI blunt weapon usage has been fixed.
- Troop AI for distant targeting has been fixed.
- In multiplayer server filtering, "Compatible with version" checkbox has been renamed as "Compatible with module" and now it checks for both module and its version.
- Core resource files and shader files have been made modifiable.
- Face generator system now supports multiple meshes to apply deforms.
- Volume and priority have been balanced for sounds.
- Playing sounds from hard drive option has been added for module system.
- Memory usage for resources and navigation meshes have been reduced.
- Network data priority values have been updated.
- Several crash-to-desktop bug fixes.
- Minor translation fixes.
- Various other bug fixes.

Hopefully it won't need a second patch to fix any issues, but it may break your mods so I recommend not updating immediately unless you know your mods and save games will work in the new version.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225282.0.html

It seems that it was bugged, and that they've taken it down for now.

All M&B titles are on sale on steam for the weekend.

Warband, while not perfect, is one of the best games I've played in years.

Top Bottom