How to play Civ5 multiplayer in virtual LAN (VPN).

What you can do is to switch off all other programs including antyvir, launch civ5 in window mode and use DX9 option.

EDIT:
and don't forget to change nick to some unique one, e.g. REVOLT is not unique one.

Yeah, did all this - we played two-player over the Internet using Evolve yesterday.

We disconnected at:

Turn 13
Turn 62
Turn 68
Turn 69
Turn 70

And it seemed to be every turn from then on.

Yeah, did all this - we played two-player over the Internet using Evolve yesterday.

We disconnected at:

Turn 13
Turn 62
Turn 68
Turn 69
Turn 70

I don't have such problem. I can't help you. This problem is related with your or your mate copy of the game. Maybe you have changed something in your game xml files and now game is incompatible. It is hard to say.

EDIT:

Game crashing around 68 turn...

http://civcomm.weplayciv.com/polycast/

Dan Quick gives a fix at about 19:24 into the podcast.

In essence, it's a Steam Issue.
Open Steam
Click the Library tab
Right Click the Game
Select Properties
Select Local Files tab
click Verify integrity of game cache.

This solved the problem for me. He also gives another thing to check right after.

Good Luck!

Maybe it will help if you have this STEAM problem.

Yeah, I've done the verification thing. I don't muck about with the game files either, nor am I alone in the problem.

EVOVLE works only with steam or we can use evolve only with the LAN mode without being connected to steam ?

Hello!

In a multiplayer game on the step 65-70, we are a long step of the transfer and disconnect someone (usually me), and those who flew continues to look at the transfer. It all started after the last patch and expansion. Please help :(

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Hello!

In a multiplayer game on the step 65-70, we are a long step of the transfer and disconnect someone (usually me), and those who flew continues to look at the transfer. It all started after the last patch and expansion. Please help :(

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

You have to use the some version of the game without any change in XML files.

So, I have a Mac. SOL? Really? I have the AppStore NON-STEAM version. I payed for it. This is really annoying.

Installed fine, but it won't let me register? Like I fill in all the stuff and it doesn't give me any errors but it doesn't register me. Just sits there. Same thing on the website.

We disconnected at:

Turn 13
Turn 62
Turn 68
Turn 69
Turn 70

This is potential fix for you:

What ended up working in the end was uninstalling my network card via Device Manager in control panel, rebooting, letting it re-install and instantly I was able to host games without having my friends get booted.
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?124191-Lobby-5s-10s-15s-disconnect-fix

works 100% thank u my polish brother. played a 1 vs 1 with my friend Moderator Action: *snip* inappropriate .

p.s
add me as Beelzebub

bump!

I cannot install the software using EvolveSetup.exe :( it says the program has some script installed incorrectly :crazyeye: Anyone know how to solve this problem? :sad:

bump!

I cannot install the software using EvolveSetup.exe :( it says the program has some script installed incorrectly :crazyeye: Anyone know how to solve this problem? :sad:

Seeing as no-one has posted a reply in the last month or so and you haven't mentioned if you have resolved the issue or not.

Evolve needs several of the .NET packages to be installed before you can install it. I would suggest installing the .NET 3.5 and .NET 4 redists for your system. You can also take a look at their support FAQ here (http://support.evolvehq.com/kb/evolve-client) as they would be better suited to resolve your problems. You should also try redownloading the client (https://www.evolvehq.com/client) in the off-chance you just got unlucky and corrupted your download.

On another note - these days evolve does support features such as VOIP, FRAPS-style uncompressed recording, live streaming etc.

- Micael

A big thanks to the OP. My friends and I were suffering from disconnects all last night till we installed this. Works great now!

A big thanks to the OP. My friends and I were suffering from disconnects all last night till we installed this. Works great now!

Hear, hear!

We are a group of 8 people, this thread and Evolve saved our Civ5 MP experience. I took the liberty to link this thread to official forums as well, lot's of people having problems there.

I'm so happy I had to register just to say: OP, you are awesome! Thank You!

This works great. My friend and I play coop against a lot of AIs, and this has sped up turn times significantly for us.

I just installed this. My friend and i are trying to start a multiplier game. we get in party and i get stuck at retrieving host information. any tips?

Hey, so my friends and I have been trying to get this working now for 2 freaking days, and we'd really appreciate any help we can get.

We're all running this in Steam in Offline mode on our friend's account (in offline mode) since we're trying to play with BNW and G&K and that entire package costs like $100. We've installed Evolve and we're all in the same party, but when one of us tries to start a LAN game inside of Civ5 nobody else can see the other person's game.

Is there anyone who knows how to deal with that kind of thing, and what we can do to solve this issue? Thank you so much!

Top Bottom