Platyping's Promotions and Traits

All time favourite

Necromancy
Spoiler :

Pretty much a modification of my Rally Promotion (20% Chance to Rally Troop after Combat).
Instead of rallying a living troop, you "rally" an undead one.
But of course, since it is a modification, there must be some modifications beside the unit itself...
The skeleton's strength is based on caster's level, so it is pretty useless starting, but gets stronger as unit gets stronger, so it will not be OP unit at early eras, or crap at future eras.
(Idea from my crusaders :D)

But to balance it off, skeletons are walking missiles.
Whether they win or lose the next combat, they die.
P.S.
Can only raise skeletons from non mechancial units.

Since it is quite similar to Rally, I guess I exclude this from PromoPack.

Artwork from Saibotleih, button from Warcraft 3

And a counter for it.

Purify
Spoiler :

Added into Necromancy file, since it doesn't make sense to exist on its own.

Thanks both :D
@Hroch
I see you are back to business again too.
Your building artwork are always amazing

Not sure if this should have a thread on its own...
Still a set of Promotions actually.

In short, they are "World Promotions" which are unobtainable by normal leveling, but granted during combats, 1% chance.

The Artifacts:
Spoiler :

Currently Artifacts are purely XML promotions, but of cos, you can always use some python effects if you want.

The main part of this is the system itself not the artifact benefits.

@Modders
If you are considering merging this with promotions that "revive" units, take care of how you merge the codes, else there will be replicas of artifacts, as the victor gets a copy, and the revived unit still has it as well.

Made some modifications :D

Whats new:
1) Add a global message to display to all players when an artifact is obtained.
2) Add a barbarian check, no longer possible to obtain artifacts while fighting barbarians.
3) Chance is no longer fixed at 1%, it now increases with level.
Level 1 unit now has a 1 out of 150 chance instead of 1 out of 100 chance.
Level 15 unit now has a 1 out of 10 chance instead of 1 out of 100 chance.

This ensures that % of obtaining artifacts is still overall very slim, but eventually they will be found as % goes up.
Also, artifacts have a better chance of being found by useful units rather than some clowns that win a combat once in a blue moon.

Since some of you like the idea, I did some research and added 5 more artifacts into the pack.
Mostly weapons though, hard to find non weapon ones.

Spoiler :

No idea what the revolution promotion supposed to do, just try out the tag :D
It seems that the collateral damage only applies to some like mounted and armor units, but when granted on melee or gun, do nothing at all.
Thats why I added the immune part.
Mjollnir on non siege units actually allows them to bombarb...

Seven-League Boots renamed as Talaria, since the icon has wings, more suitable

Summoner
Spoiler :

Somehow... the promotions are going towards the fantasy section lately.
After vampires, ghosts, werewolfs etc, this one is a very straight forward type where I can take my pick what mystical units to use, since I can pick any type :D

For the Non Fantasy Lovers, you can summon lions and bears if you like...

Thus, I ended up with unicorn on land, mermaid in water. The type you get depends on where the unit is on.
The tough part then is to balance the units, so that they are not too OP in early eras or totally useless in late eras. Especially the mermaid, because of naval movements, dont wish to have a super fast naval unit early which becomes a super slow naval unit late game.

Eventually, the formula i used is STR = unit level + Era * 2, where Ancient = 0, Future = 6.
And since we don't really want to see a 5 movement naval unit in Ancient Era, the possibility of spawning scales with Level and Era as well, so although it is possible, chance is pretty slim.

Summoner just reminds me of Final Fantasy Series, so thats where the button came from.
Mermaid by Saibotleih, Unicorn by Refar

New Button for Hydra

Mod too troublesome :D
Anyway there is one in making by Zlato which looks promising

Entertainer
Spoiler :

Back to the real world.
Similar to The_J's Celebrity, except its effect applied to all cities.
Thus, it simplified things as you don't care where the unit is.
But since effect much stronger now, you need leader for that.

Grandmaster
Spoiler :

Actually, I wanted to grant it only when unit has ALL the 25% promotions.
But then, in BTS most unit classes can only learn some... so the requirement dropped to just 3 of them.

Nirvana
Spoiler :

Too little promotions in usual BTS?
Fought too many battles with 900 XP but not enough promotions to learn?
Introducing Future Promotion
Works exactly like Future Tech, repeatable, only attainable when nothing left to do.
If you try to achieve Nirvana before you reach that stage, you get a random promotion instead.
That 100% Combat STR is just a gimmick for the AI, because the default AI script was done onUnitPromotion.
But if the AI is eligible for promotion and the only promotion left is Nirvana, it will not bother to choose it, since there is no incentive, unless it is wounded and need the healing.

In other words, the real incentive you get when you learn this is just the +1 STR, because the promotion is removed so that it can be "repeatable"

Added to PromoPack, although it is a pretty useless promotion in that pack, since you most likely will never achieve it...

Invasive Trait slightly edited to fix OOS error.

Energetic and Perspective Trait added into Trait Pack.

Trait and Promotions updated.

Thinking of adding a experience needed cap for PromoPack.
For those who dunno, the current experience system is:
iExperienceNeeded = iLevel ^ 2 + 1
Which is how you get the 2, 5, 10, 17, 26...
It is obvious that at high levels the amount of XP needed to reach next level become amazingly high due to the square function.
Thus, I was thinking of adding a cap to it.
For instance, a cap of 30 means that at lower levels, the XP system still goes as per BTS which is the one above.
But when XP needed to reach next level exceeds 30, it will be capped at 30 instead.
Doing some calculations and testings, this will only take effect after level 16.

To reach lvl 16, you need 226 XP which is 15 ^2 + 1
To reach lvl 17, you need 257 XP which is 16 ^ 2 + 1, but that will exceed the 30 cap.
Thus, the new lvl 17 will require just 256 XP rather than 257.

Looking forward, to reach lvl 30, by right you need 842 XP, but with new system you only need 646 XP.

Devotee, Economist, Nobility
Spoiler :

Nothing spectacular, 3 simple ones, so lump together in one file.
Just a little perk for the special cities.
Actually some of them can be done via XML, by assigning as free promotion to each and every corp wonder building for instance.
This is just to make things simpler and in a sense, you can still assign different promotions via XML if you want.

Hello. I have a question on the promotion Entertainer . When one unit accomplishes this promotion , all cities have +1 happiness. If I have three units with promotion Entertainer, all cities will gain +3 ?

Yeah, thats why it requires leader.
Although... it is possible to set it such that no matter how many entertainers you have, it only adds 1 happiness.

That's not necessary . Legend promotion as extra need I add and the game should be balanced :)
I like your last jobs. Some I try edit to better serve my ideas . :)

Feel free to adjust them to suit your needs.
That's what mod components are for, to adjust to suit mods, not adjust mods to suit them :D

Let me know if you encounter problems editing.

Thank you. I am always glad for your help. And your ideas , especially the last, are very helpful. I have some ideas , but before I test last added in the game , you already have finished three more. :)

Top Bottom