Sim City (4) Succession Session!

Well I guess I can play a bit after a break. If we can arrange a new list I can be the first person on it.

I have returned finally, but only as a retired Mayor, unfortunately. My laptop cannot seem to connect to the internet anymore and all my data is on the laptop. Since my job takes me away from home quite often, I cannot feasibly continue with this on my home computer. Am looking into buying another laptop, but until then I will simply live in retirement in my summer mansion in Billionaires Bay and my permanent resident in Fort Consternation. Keep up the good work Mayors.

In reading over Quintillus' last reign, it made me wish there was a way for cities like Fort Consternation to support other cities with fire and police protection, or even establishing a region wide police network, similar to a County Sheriffs Department. Similar to how it is done in Sim City 5. This could help with some of the budget issues that these smaller cities are suffering with, rather than pay for a police department that is not really necessary, they can simply put lesser money into a regional Police Department.

Also could someone post a pic of the region please. I would like to see how it is fleshing out. Thanks.

Why dont play next turn then? It would be nice to have a new generation of mayors. The old guard has already built their miamis, their farms, and their beaches. We are done! New blood with new ideas is needed! :gripe:

Why dont play next turn then? It would be nice to have a new generation of mayors. The old guard has already built their miamis, their farms, and their beaches. We are done! New blood with new ideas is needed! :gripe:

I agree! Thorgalaeg and I were the most recent two mayors (and there was no overlap in the cities we governed); additional mayors are needed. I'd really like to see what can happen 4-5 mayors down the line.

I agree! Thorgalaeg and I were the most recent two mayors (and there was no overlap in the cities we governed); additional mayors are needed. I'd really like to see what can happen 4-5 mayors down the line.

I would but firstly a) I don't play Sim City too much anymore , and b) i've never been known to be reliable to update these topics, i tend to start them and never finish it and i don't think that would be productive for this thread, I do agree it would be nice to see some new blood, and I am interested in reading the new progression.

I didn't even buy the new Simcity, but those morons totally trashed a great franchise. ugh

I hope we get a new one carrying on the great tradition of previous builds.

I hope this will keep going.

Only YOU can prevent forest fires guarantee that it will!

Or Civdude1, for that matter. We really need more mayors; it's not much of a succesion session if there aren't more than two mayors. And, at least for me, SC4 is a lot more fun with a succession session going on.

i wonder what the next mayor might do on them tiny islands.

We could get easily more members if we would a bit advertise on other forums. Civfanatics is pretty much done now.

Hi everybody.

This seems to be rather dead but I still like simcity 4 and I decied to look after all the bugs game had... and list is pretty massive.

Now Im collecting fixes that make vanilla game better and you cant see the difference if you dont look files more closely.

Here is a full list fixes Im planning to make work together, including NAM ofcourse.

Carpool fix
Area 51 Air Force Base No Exclusion
crime fix
private school fix
opera house fix
space port fix
missing IH $$$ job fix
and better tutorial related on fix above
a small far fix
datafix
RCI query mod

These are not official names but by clicking link you can see correct space. There just is a huge number of mods and fixes on simcity 4 but I think these are the most essential. When Im ready I will upload my small fixbox here for everybody who love simcity 4.

thanks calad, great help! i always wondered about some of those rewards in sim city 4. always came across to me that they ever worked as intended.

thanks calad, great help! i always wondered about some of those rewards in sim city 4. always came across to me that they ever worked as intended.

Hi.

While I was digging information I found out that vanilla game can be even better!

----------------------------

Here is my new list of all plugs that improve game while still keeps it close to vanilla:

Carpool fix - in vanilla carpool ordinance does nothing literally, now it reduces pollution but I dont know is it worth of $$$ or not.

Area 51 Air Force Base No Exclusion - If you play on hard difficult these reward buildings are enabled. Area 51 is doctor WUs evil base while airforce base is his enemys base. Normaly you can have only one because they are opposite of each other but since you play on hard difficult now you can have both.

crime fix - eternal crime in airport and county club? Not anymore! Or atleast it should work like that.

private school fix - you can have this if you want or not. This makes private schools much bigger (1 000 -> 10 000), makes it cost cash and includes bus limousin. Why is that is when your city becomes very huge and private school has more than 1 000 pupils quality of education lowers dramatically. So you can download this mod... or simply move your private school :crazyeye:

opera house fix - this is an essential. When your city becomes too big bonuses provided by opera house becomes negative.

space port fix - same as opera house. this provides missing works for space port.

missing IH $$$ job fix - this is essential as well. In vanilla IH increases $$$ demand but due to bug there are no $$$ jobs in IH. This is the reason of unemployed billionares.

datafix - better dataview.

RCI query mod - ever wondered why demand suddenly rises and drops? This mod provides some fancy numbers to explain it further.

Functional Landmarks - you have a landmark which could as well be a paper house. Not anymore! This plug adds workslots for every landmark, so if you build an Empire State building there will be over 1 000 slots open for $$$!

SPAM - I removed agriculture mod I posted on previous post because I found a better one called SPAM! Basically this reworks whole agriculture making it more vital, profitable, more works, levels of farms and agriculture does not disappear suddenly when your city becomes too big.

This with SPAM - you need this with spam.

----------------------------

So how to install them? Simply unzip everything into simcity4/plugins folder. For private schools plug you need to delete all old private schools on your region, if you dont and klick them game will crash. Otherwise all plugs are 100% compatible with each other and vanilla game, so no need to reinstal game or other extra wizard work.

And yes NAM will work with them.

Top Bottom