Banished - town building colonization survival game

Maniacal

the green Napoleon

Link to video.

Link to video.

Banished is a game where you control a small group of settlers who are carving out a new life for themselves in the wilderness. It is kind of similar to the original Stronghold game with people being a major 'resource' and necessary to fill jobs, its resource stockpiles and growing from a village into a town. Over harvesting resources can lead to ill effects, particular when it comes to food and wood. There is also a trade connection (by boat it seems) which can be utilized for various goods and food supplies but comes with an increased risk of disease. The game looks really cool and is planned for a release later this year but is currently in alpha.

Did someone say Stronghold ?

Looks promising. That said, I probably wouldn't try a game like this without a demo or at least much more extensive details about gameplay. I'll check back in half a year and see what shape it's in then.

I don't suppose the Alpha is playable? :p

This game looks really neat

I've watched both videos, and read some if the blog. But I'm not sure what the final scale of this game might be... Is it a village simulation, or a colony? Or even larger? If people are a resource, then will one goal be to maximize immigration?

I Love the snow scenes. Gorgeous

Ooooo, this looks very cool.

Liked them on Facebook to keep tabs on development. Nice find.

Looks very nice. Kind of a settlers/anno/stronghold game. I really enjoy games like this so I'll be interested in the final product. Don't expect me to do any kind of pre-ordering though!

I found this quote by the dev (seems to be just one guy) regarding dangers to your people:
Yes there is disease, starvation, freezing to death, crop and livestock plagues, and being killed at work (tree falls on people, mines collapse, rock slides in quarries) I've got a few others planned as well that haven't been implemented yet.

I got the impression its just one guy as well. Lets hope he has some mates to help with QA and bug squashing before release.

I dont see any kind of wall building, siege and combat Maniacal !
Got excited for nothing at the mention of stronghold.

I dont see any kind of wall building, siege and combat Maniacal !
Got excited for nothing at the mention of stronghold.

There is none yet but it may be added, and building a castle town was a really fun part of Stronghold and that is where it is quite similar.

^^ that looks nice too! The vid was slightly less informative about what the game play might involve though. Guess I'll read the RPS article...

Looks like a mix of Settlers and Stronghold with some sort of modified Men of War engine. :3

Gif plx!

Top Bottom